Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Favonius
Nov 28, 2014

The first thing I'd try is going into the Windows Update menu in the control panel and installing 1 or 2 updates at a time. So uncheck the all of them but the top 1 or 2, install them then reboot, and repeat until they are all installed or you find the one that won't install. Usually it's just 1 update in the group of them that won't install and it prevents the rest from installing (Windows is dumb).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Favonius
Nov 28, 2014

That sounds like Windows alright.

Assuming those updates stay gone you should be good. My guess would be KB3015696 and KB3022345 were trying to be installed when they shouldn't have been, it's something I've seen before at least. If you wanted to be thorough you can try and download the updates directly from their KB articles and see if they will install (KB3015696 & KB3022345). I personally wouldn't bother unless they show up again and continue to fail to install.

• Locked thread