Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Sheep-Goats posted:

That was a part of a multi course meal pleb

He does have a point though about the "plating" thing. Every restaurant that is trying to be fancy seems to focus more on how their stupid sauce smears look than how good the food is. It's like the "eating" part of a meal is an afterthought to aesthetics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Sheep-Goats posted:

Yeh maybe, but honestly how else can an expensive place differentiate? Cooking a piece of beef or making a sauce is something any decent cook can handle just fine. Maybe a top place can afford nicer ingredients. Most of what they offer is presentation and service so what do you want them to do, just slop it down?

Presentation is important, but a plate doesn't have to be some art project to look appealing. In my opinion, everything on a plate should have a reason for being the way it is beyond "it looks pretty", and many fancy restaurants accomplish this with no problem. Basically my point is there are more types of "top/fancy places" beyond the standard french multi-course type, and there is a huge gulf of other ways to present food between "slopping it down" and that over-the-top dessert video someone posted on the first page.

yeah I eat ass fucked around with this message at 08:51 on May 9, 2015

• Locked thread