Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
magick, real or not real?
magick is real
magick is not real
View Results

• Locked thread
TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

do you believe that there is magick in the world? by magick i mean mystical unexplainable powers, people who can perform spells, summon spirits or daemons, occult rituals, etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
why would magick be unexplainable

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
No, don't bother with it.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Ocean Book posted:

why would magick be unexplainable

it would ruin the magick otherwise, i think

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013
non checkbox poll voted 1

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.
yea http://magic.wizards.com/

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i think if you tried to explain or discover how magick works scientifically, it would cease to exist, sort of how like if you are in a dream and you realize you are in a dream, the more you try to consciously control the dream, well you will inevitably cause yourself to wake up. this is why magick cannot be tested in a lab or caught on camera

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

i believe in, and practice, powerful magick

SADDLE ME UP
Dec 2, 2014
Hypersigils

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014
on the one hand, no, of course not

on the other hand

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

TEAYCHES posted:

how could there be something in the universe impossible to explain though

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

ive actually summoned spirits before but its a very explainable and understandable process

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

Ocean Book posted:

ive actually summoned spirits before but its a very explainable and understandable process

please explain, so i can understand

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

TEAYCHES posted:

harry injects himself iwth midicloreans before matches

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
It's not real

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

can you prove this?

extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. ive never seen a single shred of evidence that disproved magick

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Yes.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

Otto von Ruthless posted:

please explain, so i can understand

in my darkest hour, i used my magic potions and herbs while praying for the sky queen to inhabit my body and liberate my soul from worldly shackles, and she sent her blessed messanger to guide me back to light. if you are lost, desperate, sincere, and open you can ask for help too.

the mundane explanation is that you can experience psychological processes that appear as external to yourself while still being generated in your brain. those are spirits

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

Ocean Book posted:

the mundane explanation is that you can experience psychological processes that appear as external to yourself while still being generated in your brain. those are spirits

oh so not magic then?

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
I do magic poo poo to Ocean Book all the time and he just rationalises it as an extremely specific hallucination

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

remember we are discussing Magick. magic refers to tricks performed by frauds and hucksters

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
my mom says she's a medium who can talk to ghosts and spirits that have moved beyond the veil and that's pretty good magick i think

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
Okay mr jackass I'll just type your question into my invisible computer

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
i like whatever magik dave copperfield uses

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

yes, the magick of marxism-leninism

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

i feel like occult dealings are the only explanation that keep fox news on the air

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

jarofpiss posted:

i feel like occult dealings are the only explanation that keep fox news on the air

we just haven't found the last horcrux yet

killmeimmafailure
Apr 19, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

jarofpiss posted:

we just haven't found the last horcrux yet

It's Sean hanity. It's up to you now Harry

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
magic is real but it involves jew blood rituals

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

killmeimmafailure posted:

It's Sean hanity. It's up to you now Harry

we must waterboard the final horcrux to save the world

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Magick is fake as hell. Majykk, on the other hand....

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Magic is still real we just cataloged and classified it. Physics, medicine engineering etc.

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006
messing with dark sided things and the occult just leaves your spirit open to demonic influence. not worth it. and there side doesn't have a lick of power compared to Almighty God anyway. trust in him and see real miracles in your life.

GUYS STOP
Jun 7, 2003
Grimey Drawer

Hot Karl Marx posted:

i like whatever magik dave copperfield uses
he uses the plant with binoculars for HILARIOUS EFFECT every time. it gets weird when the town has no hot chicks per capita

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

If aliester crowley didnt manage to summon a demon with all his depraved sex and drug orgies then I dont believe it can be done

GUYS STOP
Jun 7, 2003
Grimey Drawer
there are no hot chicks in my town thus eliminating confidants

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fANPcGRLMac

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Crash_N_Burn posted:

If aliester crowley didnt manage to summon a demon with all his depraved sex and drug orgies then I dont believe it can be done

mayeb the demon was him all along....

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
If it isn't real, how is this website real? http://www.magicmgmt.com/gary/welcome2/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
you are all mostly dumb and keep your science out of my hogwart schools!

• Locked thread