Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

---Game Description---
Wind Waker is a much-loved installment in the Zelda franchise, and it's arguably the best from a technical standpoint. The art style allows for very expressive and lively characters, the controls and camera are some of the smoothest in the franchise, and while the sailing does wear thin over time, it does give the feel of a huge, epic world. We're playing the HD version because we love losing our eyesight to stupid amounts of bloom. Sploooosh.

The story is such:
PizzaJoe is a dim but lovable boy living with his sister and grandma on Outset Island. Then a huge bird kidnaps his sister. He convinces a ragtag group of pirates to take him to where she was taken, then Ganondorf gets involved, and well, you can probably guess where the story goes from there.

---LP Description---
This will not be a 100% LP, simply due to the massive amount of pointless (and useless) side poo poo available. However to spice this particular LP up, Yoshi will be playing through the New Game+, which is not a common option for LPs of this game, and he welcomes viewer interaction via the Tingle Bottles.

---Additional Links PizzaJoes---
My previous Zelda LPs: Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, Majora's Mask (the original Legend of PizzaJoe)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(By an-artist-complex, Tumblr)

(By Antsorter, Tumblr)

(By DickyOldman, Twitter)

(By cofaigh)

(By Xelerej Esparza, Twitter)

MiiVerse Tingle Bottles

ThornBrain fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Aug 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

PizzaJoe's birthday never ends! The LP returns with sneaking around following little poor girls, harnessing the power of fire and ice, and Yoshi making a promise he will surely regret.

New MiiVerse fanposts:

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Yes perfect, so glad this is back

krytton
Aug 11, 2014

I have seen infinity
Oh boy, I'll need to catch up on this one. I've nearly finished my first playthrough of this.

It's a good thing you're keeping yourselves busy with that backlog too, what with the six other in-progress LPs.

Thunderfinger
Jan 15, 2011

Oh good its back.

Well I mean, I'm a week late, but its still back so whatever :shrug:

Thunderfinger fucked around with this message at 05:16 on May 23, 2015

roybot9000
Aug 27, 2003
Yay

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

This is our worst video. Apparently.

PS: Yoshi will detail in next week's video what will be happening between parts 11 and 12, but for the sake of getting things moving faster, get in any and all MiiVerse pictures/Tingle bottles you want to share now! Add him on Nintendo Network at Mugiwara Yoshi.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Dead things are burried in earth. So that's why this is the earth temple.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Air is lava! posted:

Dead things are burried in earth. So that's why this is the earth temple.

Yeah, everything, aside from the Moblins and the Darknut is undead and the whole temple is more like a Mausoleum, more so than the Shadow Temple was.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
I'm just posting to remind everyone of the Chu Chu Train

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

If last week was our worst part, clearly this is our best.

:siren: Last Call! :siren:
If you want to contribute MiiVerse Tingle Bottles to the LP, you now have only one week as of this episode going up to send them in! Add Mugiwara Yoshi on Nintendo Network to share them.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
One of our viewers on Twitter, Xelerej Esparza, fulfilled Travis' request for Medli riding a Skyward Sword baby scorpion. But with yarn!

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Quick update on the thread. The final four videos are complete and ready to upload, but I'm currently visiting Olivia in Canada, and we have no good internet for uploading. The final four videos will go up when I get back on August 10 through to August 12. The first update will be a two-part Triforce Hunt, then a part of Ganon's Tower, and then the final showdown.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Managed an internet connection solid enough to upload these two before I head home tomorrow.

This update is a two-parter of the weakest part of the game, plus a trading sequence with the dumbest merchants this side of the Elder Scrolls, and the last of the MiiVerse posts we got in-game. If you wanted to send a Tingle Bottle but missed the recording, feel free to post them here; they'll be added to the thread, but they won't be included in the videos.

MiiVerse Tingle Bottles

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Aw yeah, final stretch and uploaded ahead of schedule to boot!

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
I have a friend named Mike in New Jersey, but he doesn't play the guitar. Sorry, Yoshi. It shall forever remain a mystery.

Edit: The Ghost Ship is actually the prime rupee farming spot for WW speedruns, for a couple of reasons. Once you know where the ghost ship is (which runners manipulate by doing things in a certain order within a certain time frame), you can do a trick with the Deku Leaf to float across to the chest (instead of fighting everything), break the jars for the rupees, then save and quit. It spawns you back outside the ghost ship when you reload the game, and you can do it again ad nauseam until you've got enough rupees to pay off Tingle.

I don't know if that trick works in the HD version; I haven't played it yet.

KeiraWalker fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Aug 10, 2015

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I don't remember Yoshi's Story being a game about kindergarten teachers.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Forgot to upload 13 yesterday, so here's the final two parts of Wind Waker HD NG+ together.

On behalf of Yoshi and us his co-commentators, thanks to everyone who watched, particularly those who stuck around between this and the first PizzaJoe thread. Despite all the delays, we all had a lot of fun with this particular LP.

I'll submit the thread to the LPArchive next week, so feel free to post any last MiiVerse or fanart pics you've been waiting to show between now and then.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Always churning out quality you guys. Plenty of chuckles and laughs along the way.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Thanks for the fun birthday party!

This was the first time I've seen this game in full. Nice to hear that LTTP music remix in the final talk with the king.

I was rooting for Ganondorf though. Hyrule under his control is better than no Hyrule at all. Because the former makes for a good game plot.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
So glad to have seen Yoshi actually take the boots to Ganon, medium style.

Great job on the LP, shame you didn't catch any of my nonsensical bottles. Here's one that's at least tangentally related at least.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
I feel like I should point out that the light arrows annihilate everything in that final hallway with one shot (each, mind you), including the Darknuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Last call for art/MiiVerse posts you'd like to contribute, as I'll be submitting the thread tomorrow.

• Locked thread