Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Cyphoderus posted:

I think you guys have done it already, but just to be clear, Mort gets Momentum -1 and Mikaela gets Momentum +1 and control of the fight.

(I can't get negative Momentum, can I? Do I just stay at 0?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

I'll have you know, foxes have the finest call in nature

Someone Awful! posted:

(I can't get negative Momentum, can I? Do I just stay at 0?)

You just stay at zero, yeah. Though... I don't have the SO Gimmicks here with me, but aren't you supposed to start with a higher Momentum than zero? I don't recall you spending any.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
Mikaela Winters
Look -2 | Power +1 | Real -1 | Work +2
Audience +1 | Momentum: +2 | Heat +2 with Le Grand Mort

As Mort turns around, Mikaela locks up with him in a collar-and-elbow tie-up, the two pushing each other a bit until Mikaela shoves Mort into the corner. The ref intervenes, calling for a clean break, which Mikaela tries to do but gets a cheap shot into the gut, bringing Mikaela out of the corner and whipping her into the ropes. He goes under her, dropping down flat, before coming up and going for a leapfrog which Mikaela stops short of. As Mort lands, he receives a boot to the gut, followed by a very quick pair of snap suplexes, one rolling right through to the other.

Rolling with +Work for this one.
Wrestling (+work): 2d6+2 4
It's going to be one of those nights, it appears..

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

None of the announcers want to Put Mikaela Over or anything? Alright, then...

Mikaela and Le Grande Mort aren't used to working with each other, and the two haven't found their rhythm yet. Mikaela calls the moves and gets misunderstood; the result is a snap duplex that lands Mort badly on his shoulder, almost injuring him. The audience realizes this wasn't supposed to happen.

Match control and +1 Momentum goes to Le Grande Mort, while Mikaela gets -1 Momentum.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
If it threatens to stall out a third time I'll intervene but I'm kinda wait-and-see now. Also where's my broadcast partner?

"Oh, and that's a bad fall there by Le Grande Mort. Both participants are feeling each other out it seems, I'm not sure which one has the upper hand right now."

thejoshie
May 3, 2013
OOC Aplogies for the lack of posting. Had a promotion and with it, more hours. More money, but less free time. Anywho...

===

The crowd boos lightly as a man in a rather obnoious neon gren suit walks to ringside. He stops a couple of time to look at and sneer, at the crowd, before taking his spot at th announce table. "How dare they! How dare you! I'm the host of this show and I run things here! How dare they start the show without me, I don't care if I'm late!"

Yes, the self-entitled "ShowTime" Chris Watkins is in the building.

"I swear, I hate these idiot Limo drivers! Because of that foreign hick, I missed Memnon get beaten down like an African Drum, and I missed my girl, Margrethe lay the verbal smackdown! And now, it looks like Makaela is getting a dose of death!" He pauses. "...the heck... where's my spring water! I specifically said to have spring water ready for me whenever I do commentary... Damnit! I'm calling my agent, someone will get fired over this!"

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Le Grande Mort
Look +1, Power -2, Real 0, Work 0
Audience +2 | Momentum: 2 | Heat with Mikaela +3

(Looked and you're right, I should've had 2 momentum. Dunno how I forgot. Lost 1 and regained 1 so here I am, I guess!)

This is just gonna be one of those matches, isn't it? It's hard to not show the frustration on his face as Mort gets back to his feet, and he's gonna be feeling that shoulder all night. Just gotta find a rhythm, he tells himself, and springs back onto his feet. The two trade blows, and the Deadman seems to be losing ground, falling back each time one of her punches connects. When they near the ropes, though, he throws himself backward, bouncing himself off them to get momentum for a lariat takedown.

(Dunno if you still want me/us to hold off rolling for a post once we have momentum or not, or what to roll here, but I am posting!)

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

Someone Awful! posted:

(Dunno if you still want me/us to hold off rolling for a post once we have momentum or not, or what to roll here, but I am posting!)

Yeah, I do. Otherwise who's in control can just chain one Wrestling move after the other without allowing the other players to react.

A big lariat takedown is a classical move whose success depends heavily on wrestling skill – roll +Work for that!

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

Since Someone Awful is not here, I'll be taking control of Le Grande Mort as a non-player wrestler until their return. Show's still on, guys!

Le Grande Mort goes for a big lariat, but Mikaela ducks – and counters!

How are you countering that?

You're getting control of the match as well!

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Mikaela Winters
Audience +1 | Momentum: +1 | Heat +2 with Le Grand Mort

Mikaela ducks the lariat, and in a smooth motion swings around Mort and flings him backwards in a release german suplex, rolling over quickly to lock him into a chinlock, trying to get the match to slow down a little.

Wrestling (+Work)
German Suplex: 2d6+2 6
Spending my momentum to make that 7, keep control while waiting patiently for Margrethe to stop this match

thejoshie
May 3, 2013

Sheet
Look +1 | Power -1 | Real -1 | Work +1
Audience +2 | Momentum: +1 (Gains +1 Momentum at the start of a match)

the chinlock is clamped on... but Mikaela makes one mistake: She loses her situational awareness.

Thus, she doesn't see the boot of Margrethe Wolfram as it crashes into the side of her head until it's too late. Needless to say, this causes the ref to call for the bell as Margrethe continues to lay the boots into Mikaela, security and other referees rushing out to yell at Margrethe to leave ringside. she ignores them as she continues her assault, straddling Makeala so that she can lay fore arms onto the woman!

Security becomes more forceful and grapples the woman off her target as the bell continues to ring continually. They finally succeed to force the woman out of the ring. As she leaves, she turns towards her handiwork and smiles as the crowd rains boos onto her.

quote:

I kind of left this open ended so that if Lazy wants Mikaela to fight back, he can narrate it.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
"Now that was a beautiful transition into that German suplex! Mikaela's always surprising her opponents with moves like that, and this is the perfect opportunity for her to take control of the confrontation. It goes to show you, when you're competing in the squared circle here in TWW, you have to out-think your opponent as much as out-muscle them."

The above is me Putting Over Mikaela's last maneuver.

"NOW WHAT IS THAT?! Margarethe Winters has run into the ring and nailed Mikaela with a dropkick to the head! This is utterly outrageous, the ref's calling for the bell! I've never seen something so unprofessional in all my years of reporting!"

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Mikaela Winters
Audience +1 | Momentum: +0 | Heat +3 with Le Grand Mort

Taking +1 Heat with Mort for the 10+

As soon as the first boot hits, Mikaela hits the mat and tries to cover herself up from the incoming strikes. As the bell rings but the assault continues, Mikaela shows signs of life but continues to help get the beating over. As soon as they were separated, Mikaela ended up in the corner, slowly getting back up to her feet. As soon as she does, she dives into the refs, being held back from Margarthe in the sea of stripes. Arms swinging over the top of the pile, trying to get to the German woman who's also being held back. The crowd is finally into what's going on in the ring, shouting and cheering while the two try to go at one another.

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

Margrethe is making her way up the ramp to exit, and Mikaela is composing herself in the ring still. Le Grande Mort exits discreetly and you can't help but notice he's clutching his shoulder; it seems that suplex landed stiffer than it seemed. The crowd didn't really know what to think of the match, but now they're fired up by a classic feud that they're into, and booing and cheering and chanting.

As Margrethe is almost to the exit, the speakers suddenly start blaring El Dragón Fuego's entrance music – we're segueing straight into the main event of the night!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ8D28gvkjc

Fuego stands in front of the ring entrance, looking uncharacteristically serious, staring down Margrethe. He has a mic in his hand, and addresses her evenly as his entrance music dies down.

"You are very brave when you attack someone who does not see you coming. I wonder how brave you are when you fight face-to-face."

not sure who has control, so waiting on that before I continue

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

Control only comes into play during a match. The bell hasn't rung yet, so everyone's in free form right now.

thejoshie
May 3, 2013

Sheet
Audience +2 | Momentum: +3 (Gains +1 Momentum at the start of a match)

Evil Mastermind posted:

"You are very brave when you attack someone who does not see you coming. I wonder how brave you are when you fight face-to-face."

Margrethe blinks at El Dragon before walking back down the ramp, around the ring, to the broadcast table, where she get a mic and stands on top of he broadcast table. She can hardly speak as a large "Margrethe Sucks!" chant breaks out. She milks this, turning to the crowd and mouthing "Hate me now!", causing them to get even louder with the chant. It becomes boomng! A minute of this and she chooses to talk over them.

"How wonderful, in the aisle, we have a future has been, and in the ring, we have a future never was... I would suggest you two to get a room, but sleeping with Makeala? I wouldn't wish that on even my worst enemies..."

The crowd "Ohhhs" at that one.

"El Dragon, you're developing a bad habit. This is now the second time you choose to interfere in business well above your station and pay grade." She hesitates before continuing. "...you think I give a drat about facing you face to face? I could face you face to face, face to back, back to back, face to rear end... and while your face is down there, you can kiss it as well."

"You forget, son, that this is a submissions match! Jumping around like a monkey is not going to save you from me making your rear end tap out!."

More boos.

"Dragon, you really are Mexican, aren't you... and how appropriate, cause you remind me of Mexican food. You stink, you're full of gas, you have no taste, and you make me want to puke my guts out!"

Margrethe smiles, amused with herself with that comment, but her face turns serious as she re-raises the mic,. "...but enough talk. I'm ready to tap you out, or choke you out. Just as soon as security pulls that plebe, Mikeala, out of my ring. Get her out f here! The Natural Born Champion demands it!"

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

El Dragón Fuego

Stats: Look +1, Power -2, Real -1, Work +2
Audience: +2 / Momentum: 1
Heat w/ Margrethe: +2

Fuego just nods as Margrethe goes on and the officials help Makeala out of the ring. When Margrethe finishes (and Makeala is clear and away from the cameras), Fuego speaks calmly.

"Do you know why you will not win tonight, Margrethe? Because you try to prove your worth with empty words, not actions. You throw insults like a weak child on a playground, knowing that you have no friends, no allies, no one on your side and hoping nobody will notice."

The audience starts to cheer, chanting "Margrethe sucks!" again.

"But me? I have the strength of those who came before me, who paved the way for me to be here tonight. I have the strength of the great El Santo behind me, inspiring me to be the best I can be! I have the strength of my friends, the people close to me who believe in me!"

Fuego is starting to get more animated, moving from calm words to energetic shouts.

"I have the strength of my fans behind me! The thousands of people here tonight to see us! Who believe in us! Who believe in me!"

"Fue-go! Fue-go! Fue-go!"

"AND FOR ALL OF THEM! For the fans, for my friends, for Makeala, for all of us...I will show you true strength tonight!"

Fuego drops the mic, raises his hands in triumph as the audience explodes and gouts of flame erupt on either side of the Jumbotron. He then runs towards the ring, where Margrethe is already waiting for him.

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jun 9, 2015

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

Margrethe's attitude is enough to rile the audience up after the last match. The way people rise from their seats and eat up every word she says, it seems they wanted to be provoked all along. There's a huge Mexican contingent in the Globaldome tonight, and their boos hit Margrethe like a brick wall after she insults their homeland.

Fuego takes advantage of the moment to bring the crowd's attention back on himself, and they are entirely behind him. Mentioning Santo, the Mexican portion of the crowd rises up in a huge roar in support of the luchador. The chants of FU-E-GO and MARGRETHE-SUCKS get mixed up in all the excitement. Spirits are burning white hot right now in the Globaldome: it's perfect main event weather!

The ref this time is Sony Abo, the go-to main event ref at Transintercontinental World Wrestling. He's a stern looking Congolese with a jacked body and a scar across his left cheek. He's already in the ring, and instead of the usual ring announcer it's he who addresses the Globaldome in a rumbling voice.

"This match will be fought under full contact rules with a time limit of thirty minutes. Winner will be declared by submission, knockout or referee stoppage. Are we clear? Clear?" He asks both of you with intensity, and only moves on after getting the nod, his rock solid calmness a big contrast against the roar of the audience and the burning adrenaline of the wrestlers. He then signals the bell keeper.

El Dragón Fuego vs. Margrethe Wolfram

DING!

---

Fuego, you start with control, the entire audience's pushing you into battle. Also, I'm considering you mentioning El Santo as praising the hometown of the (Mexican) audience, so you get +1 Momentum for the Cheap Heat move!

thelazyblank, Lager, Maxwell Lord, all three of you guys have the announcer's table for tonight's main event! Lager, you're the official Announcer with the power to Put people Over.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

El Dragón Fuego needs a cool logo

Audience: +2 / Momentum: 2

As soon as the bell rings, Fuego immediately begins walking around Margrethe, grinning and doing little half-steps/punches now and then as if he's looking for an opening. An overconfident Fuego steps too far into Margrethe's reach, though, and she reaches out to grab Fuego's shoulders...

But no, it was a feint! Fuego leans back, grabbing Margrethe's wrists as she reaches out, planting his feet on her thighs and running up her body! He runs up into a leaping backflip, using her outstretched arms as a pivot point. Margrethe automatically leans her head back to avoid Fuego's feet, but Fuego just needed her for leverage to jump onto the top rope and leap forward into a flying axe kick!

This could be either +Work for sticking to my Gimmick or +Heat since I need Margrethe's help, but they're both at +2 so that works out nicely!

Wrestling: 2d6+2 6 oh come on, really? Fine, spending 1 Momentum to make that a 7. I'm going to give Margrethe control and take +1 Momentum so I at least broke even.

thejoshie
May 3, 2013

Sheet
Audience +2 | Momentum: +4 (Gained +1 Momentum when the match started)| Heat with Dragon: +2

The crowd pops huge as not only was Margrethe outsmarted, but the exclamation point is added thanks to Dragon's beautiful Axe kick to the back of her head, dropping her to the mat, where she immediately rolls outside the ring holding the back of her head!

The minority of the crowd that isn't cheering Dragon, who is whipping them into a frenzy, is jeering Margrethe for turning tail and running away. She jaw jacks back at them, continuing the heel heat that was gained previously.

Sony Abo steps in front of Dragon to ensure no shinanigans, then begins his count as Margrethe takes her time to regroup. She rolls back in... and immediately back out, and it's apparent what the wily veteran is doing: She's slowing things down to her own pace. Abo, sticking to the rules, restarts his count.

She finally returns into the ring and holds up her hand, challenging Dragon to a test of strength and the crowd boos immediately, as they don't trust Margrethe to play fairly here.

Dragon, however, accepts.... but the crowd was right and instead of a test of strength, Margrethe slaps the man in the face with a loud SLAP! that echoes the arena. The gauntlet has been dropped!

quote:

Obviously, I edited this post based on the roll I got.

So, working the Audience:
Working the hot crowd some more! (+2 Audience): 2d6+2 13

Wow, the crowd LOVES booing the hell out of this woman tonight, it seems. :p

Two more points of Momentum. But +6 Momentum is over kill, so before relinquishing control, I'm immediately spending the two Momentum to gain +1 Heat with Dragon, boosting it to +3.

Dragon regains control.

thejoshie fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jun 9, 2015

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

"Welcome, everyone, to the main event." The voice speaks in a medium Mexican accent, rolled r's everywhere, as the match starts. "I am Maria Castillo, Transintercontinental's new voice of Lucha, and I'm here to help my colleagues and you, the audience, fully understand the great tradition of Lucha Libre. While this will not be a traditional Lucha match, El Dragon Fuego has a long history of wrestling in a very Lucha style. Just like that, the high-flying springboard axe kick to catch his opponent off guard."

As Margrethe backs out of the ring, Maria sighs into the headset. "These sort of stall tactics may get into the head of the younger Luchador." A pause for the slap. "As might that! That was uncalled for."

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

El Dragón Fuego needs a cool logo

Audience: +2 / Momentum: 3

Fuego stumbles back from the slap, looking angry. It's clear that he's getting upset with this whole situation, but he manages to keep his cool long enough to size up his opponent. The deck is stacked against him in more ways than one, but Fuego's not the type to back down from a challenge!

Fuego runs back, bouncing off the ropes to gain momentum and charging Margrethe. She dodges easily, and Fuego bounces off the ropes once again. Margrethe clearly gets ready to grab him, clearly expecting Fuego to try another high-flyign maneuver. But Fuego instead drops into a baseball slide, going between her legs and kicking her legs out from under her!

Margrethe stumbles to her knees, toppled but not felled. Trying to take advantage of her momentary confusion, Fuego jumps up to the turnbuckle, raises his arms to the crowd, and launches into a backflip moonsault!

Fuego needs to play to his strengths and try to whittle Margrethe down, so rolling +Look: Wrestling: 2d6+1 8

Well, it's a hit; I'm going to take +1 Momentum and transfer control.

Fuego slams down into the pivoting Margrethe, knocking her down to the mat and knocking the wind out of both of them! But it seems like Feugo didn't take into account how well his opponent could take a hit, because he's not rolling off...

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Jack Walker interjects as Fuego finishes his moonsault. "Well it's like you said, Maria - this here ain't no Lucha match, it's an old-fashioned grapple match! I think that wimpy little flyer's about to be reminded of that himself!"

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

The audience is eating the match up! The fight's started going on all cylinders already and the crowd;s excitement from the promos before the match has not dwindled. They're loving this back-and-forth action!

---

Alright, just to make clear. Margrethe, you used the Heel move to spend 2 Momentum and get +1 Heat, right?

I had originally asked you guys to wait one post before making the Wrestling Move to allow space for reactions and counters, but this way is working perfectly fine, so feel free to ignore that. Just remember that you have the Interrupt move available (spend 1 Momentum to regain control of the match, whenever), and be prepared to revise your actions in case someone Interrupts or Puts you Over retroactively.

Otherwise, great match, keep at it! The crowd's really into you guys!

thejoshie
May 3, 2013

Sheet
Audience +2 | Momentum: +4 (Gained +1 Momentum when the match started)| Heat with Dragon: +3

Evil Mastermind posted:

Fuego slams down into the pivoting Margrethe, knocking her down to the mat and knocking the wind out of both of them! But it seems like Feugo didn't take into account how well his opponent could take a hit, because he's not rolling off...

...which Margrethe takes full advantage.

It's start with her rolling with the impact so that it turns into a pinning situation, but she times Dragon's kickout perfectly, using the awkward angle to slide her arm under and around him. She grabs his arm, snakes her other arm around his neck, and her long, powerful legs grapvines his waist...

The crowd is roars as, like it's namesake, the Blitzkrieg strikes like lightning! The Mexican contingent in the crowd starts to chant for Dragon hoping to spark a rally... will Dragon be the first to break out of the Blitzkrieg?

Technically no, but only because Dragon's foot reached the ropes. Sony Abo starts to demand a rope break, but Margrethe, in a moment of cruelty, ignores the referee to attempt to choke out Dragon anyway! Sony begins the five count and of course, she releases it at 4 and 3/4's.

When she releases the hold and taunts the fans (especially the Mexican contingent), Abo gets in her face, chastising her for her unnecessary brutality, and Margrethe argues back, her back turned to Dragon who is withering in pain on the mat...

quote:

I shall be utilizing the +3 heat here in a memorable sequence that continues to add to the drama. Dragon's ring awareness saved him here. :)

So the roll:

Heat Move (+3; Margrethe nearly got Dragon with the Blitzkreig!): 2d6+3 12

...wow, the crowd is eating this up!

So, I retain control and I choose another +1 heat, bumping it to +4 with Dragon. If it stays there at the end, I think Margrethe gains +1 Audience!

If Dragon chooses to interupt, I left him a nice opening to do so. :)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

..but El Dragon Fuego would never strike a foe in the back! That would be cowardly and dishonorable!

That's not to say, however, that he won't take advantage of Margrethe chewing out the ref to get his breath back.

Interrupt!

quote:

El Dragón Fuego still needs a cool logo

Audience: +2 / Momentum: 2
Fuego struggles to his feet; it's clear that he's not adjusting well to this kind of fight. His speed and agility aren't much use if he gets grabbed...

He uses the turnbuckle to pull himself up to a standing position as Margrethe turns back to face him. She grins, seeing that Fuego is still recovering from the chokehold. She approaches slowly, clearly enjoying this and drawing the moment out. As Fuego finally gets back to a standing position, he recieves a chop across the face from his opponent that staggers him! Then another! And anoth...

BUT WAIT! Fuego ducks Margrethe's wide swing, causing her to half-spin from the momentum. She she recovers, Feugo hits her across the face with a double-chop! Then another! As she staggers backwards, Fuego charges forward, hopping up to wrap his arm around Margrethe's neck! Using her strength to anchor himself, he flips his whole body around so he can wrap his legs around her neck. He spins his body sideways, slamming Margrethe down head-first with a huracanrana driver!

Come on, +Look... Wrestling: 2d6+2 13 BOOM! I'm going to +1 Heat, bringing me to +3, get +1 Audience for "Human Highlight Reel", and I'm still in control...or am I?

quote:

Audience: +3 / Momentum: 2
Heat w/ Margrethe: +3

FUE-GO! FUE-GO! FUE-GO!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
"Fuego seems to be adapting to his opponent's style at last," says Bob Manning. "The crowd's support is definitely giving him strength, but will it be enough?"

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

"Despite Mr. Walkers insulting comments, that submission hold did not look like Fuego could break it. But that was a wonderful hurricanrana driver to bring his opponent down." Maria tries to continue without sitting there and argue with the other announcers. "He can continue to wear Margrethe down like this, but it doesn't look like Fuego has a specific submission in mind for trying to win this match."

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

quote:

El Dragón Fuego still doesn't have a logo

Fuego knows he has to act quickly; trying to knock Margrethe out would take too long and give her too many chances to turn the match around. But his position has put him in a perfect position to wrap his legs around Margrethe's neck and begin arching back, putting her into a perfect armbar.

Gotta start playing to the match rules, Power -2, can Fuego pull this off? Wrestling: 2d6-2 1 NOPE

But ground takedowns are not part of Feugo's impressive skillset. He doesn't have the full-body strength to make the hold as painful as it should be...

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

The audience is standing up, the chorus of chants and boos drowning out every sound; Margrethe and the ref have to scream to understand each other. Fuego's hurracanrana gets a huge pop!

Power would be for showing off strength; an armbar is a technical move so it's totally a Work thing. Keeping the roll and substituting your Work stat, you can still spend your 2 Momentum to make this work, or you can rely on the Announcer!

If none of that happens, Fuego loses 1 Momentum and Margrethe gets 1 and also match control!

Cyphoderus fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jun 12, 2015

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I'm going to see how the announcing team handles this. I have faith in them! Plus it's more interesting to pass control over.

thejoshie
May 3, 2013

Sheet
Audience +2 | Momentum: +4 (Gained +1 Momentum when the match started)| Heat with Dragon: +4

quote:

Whether or not his result gets bumped, the only difference will be whether he gains or loses Momentum (and if I gain Momentum), thus, since Mastermind said he is passing control, I'm going to goahead and post o keep things moving along. If the commentators put over Fuego, it shouldn't effect this post too much.

...Fuego's mistake was that he didn't put much leverage in the hold, and this allows Margrethe to slip her other arm underneath his leg, rolling him over into a side mount! This allows her to smoothly transition to an armbar of her own! Picture perfect wrestling transition that punishes Dragon for trying to play her game!

quote:

I love youtube. Here's a link to what Margrethe has just done: https://youtu.be/cwyAHuRbcVk

So, yeah. The +1 Work roll:

Reversing the Armbar (+1 Work): 2d6+1 3

Had to happen at some point. :p

So yeah, if the commentators don't put Dragon over, he breaks even, getting his Momentum back as Margrethe loses the Momentum she has just Gained! Nice back and forth here...

...unfortunately for Margrethe, she doesn't have time to really wrench the shoulder as she inadvertently rolled Dragon within reach of the ropes once again, and this time, Sony doesn't bother to count, he forcibly breaks the hold, knowing that Margrethe would merely ignore him anyway. this leads to 'another' shouting match as Dragon recovers...

thejoshie fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jun 13, 2015

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
"This is now looking like an even contest, just back and forth. This could get very ugly indeed."

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

"Especially if the ref must be forced to break holds like that. I understand that Margrethe has until the count of five to release her holds, but it's just not in the spirit of competition to wait until four or force the ref to pull you off your opponent!" Maria sounds mildly distressed during her commentary. This could be either because the match has gotten a bit sloppy, or to play up the concern for Fuego's well-being.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

quote:

El Dragón Fuego still doesn't have a logo

Fuego crawls up the ropes once again, trying to catch his breath. When Margrethe turns to face him again, Fuego does his best to draw himself up. He knows he's in a losing situation, but he refuses to back down.

He roars like his namesake and charges Margrethe, coming in low and wrapping his arms around Margrethe's waist. She didn't see that coming at all and didn't have time to brace herself and she stumbles back into the turnbuckle!

Fuego capitalizes on her confusion by running to the opposite corner and dropping into a three-point stance. He then charges at his full speed, leaping up and lashing out with a double-kick to the head!

quote:

C'moooon +Work...Kick!: 2d6+2 13!

Human Highlight Reel once again! That puts me to +4 Audience, which gets me an Advance. I'm going to take +2 Momentum.

The kick connects, leaving Margrethe reeling and pushing Fuego back. He lands on his back, but immediately kippups and takes a moment to acknowledge the cheers of the crowd.

quote:

Audience: +4 / Momentum: 4

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

You both know too well that making grappling seem exciting is a very hard job; the crowd seemed to have cooled down a little... but Fuego connects with a picture-perfect flying kick and the audience just goes bananas. They like seeing Fuego beat Margrethe at a disadvantage; the FUE-GO chants they've come up with will surely turn up again in future shows.

At this point, Sony Abo gives you a very discrete, very professional signal. The match is going home and Fuego, it's yours! It seems the guys backstage are wanting to see how you cope having to come up with a creative, lucha-like finish for this stipulation.

thejoshie
May 3, 2013

Sheet
Audience +4 (+1 From +4 Heat, +1 From Clean win with Finisher)| Momentum: +0 | Heat with Dragon: +4|Advances: 1 Gained; 0 Spent

The stage was set! And, ironically, the turnbuckle Margrethe was stunned in? Right in front of the Mexican contingent!

But, dragon had the double misfortune of both, playing to the crowd too much AND having Sony's back to Margrethe at the same time. Neither man saw Margrethe turn around and untie the turnbuckle pad. She then played possum, turning back around and slouching over the exposed steel ring.

It was too tempting a target for El Dragon, who just had to get that one last death defying acrobatic move in, aiming to splash her in the corner.

For the Mexican contingent, it went into slow motion as they watched their hero leap from halfway across the ring...

...as they watched Margrethe duck out at the _very_ last second...

CLANG!

...and as they watched El Dragon crash and burn, sternum first, onto the exposed steel ring!

Margrethe, the wily veteran, positioned her body perfectly, not only to block Sony's view (he was forced to move around her, his attention drawn away from the exposed turnbuckle ring), but to await Eldragon to stumble back into her waiting, cruel embrace.

Blitzkrieg. And this tim she was in the center of the ring. El dragon was already half gone from the turnbuckle crash, so it was pretty much a done deal here. His sore Sternum pretty much forces him to tap out immediately!

The bell rings as the crowd boos loud and long. The Mexican contingent is leading the charge as they literally felt the momentum Dragon had flutter away like sand in an hour glass. It was as if his inevitable win was pulled out from under him.

And insult to injury?

Margrethe is not letting go, continuing to clamp down to ensure that Dragon was out cold before releasing the hold. And then some.

It's a repeat of last week, as officials rush the ring, he closing bell sounding repeatedly. Finally, she releases the hold.

But she's still not done, dragging the unconscious body of Dragon to the corner, infront of the Mexican contingent,she reaches into her boot and produces a small Mexican flag.

Everybody sees it coming, as she wipes her swe on the small flag and stuffs it in Dragon's mouth, before giving his face a disrespectful slap.

quote:

I think it's only fitting for a certain someone to interrupt this. Fair is fair, after all. :)

But yeah, Awesome match that got both Dragon AND Margrethe over. Match of the Year! ...so far, of course. :p

e: I finished the scene off so that it was complete.

thejoshie fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jun 15, 2015

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jun 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

Are you choking Fuego out for real, or is this kayfabe? If it's a shoot, please roll for Breaking Kayfabe!

The bell rings among a chorus of booing that's almost solid like a brick wall. It was clear the underdog was about to win against all chances, and the crowd's had that taken away from them. The heel win was clearly a success however, because now it's clear they want to see Margrethe get taken out even more than before. The refs are trying to revive El Dragón Fuego, giving light taps on his face.

Whatever Margrethe's doing to that flag, I think this is a great scene to fade out on and roll the credits for this episode. So unless someone wants to get some words in on the mic, this episode of Transintercontinental World Wrestling is coming to a close.

---

Meanwhile, it's backstage and the cameras are off.

Mikaela is called to Lady Hipolita Lagervale's office. It's high up in the Globaldome; Lady Hipolita is sitting at her desk before a window that occupies the full length of her wall. On the other side, you see a panoramic view of the dome's audience and the ring down there, where Margrethe and Fuego are just ending their match. From the other side, all you can see is a dark glass, but from her office Ms. Lagervale gets the best view of everything happening in her domain.

She asks you to sit in a comfortable chair in front of her desk.

"Antoine is still in the infirmary," says Lady Lagervale, speaking of Le Grande Mort by his actual name. "It's early to say, but I think his shoulder will be out for a couple of months at least." She makes a meaningful pause.

"When you're down there in front of the crowds, it's a lot of pressure. All it takes is one bad day and your form becomes compromised." She eyes you. "I understand that." She stops and leans back on her own chair. She continues in a different tone, as if changing subjects. "Next week, as you know, Giles Primly's giving a promo workshop in the Dome. I'd like you to take part in it." She looks at you meaningfully, expecting an answer.

Here's the deal: you knew about this workshop. It's being given to the green kids, the wrestlers in the developmental brand of Transintercontinental World Wrestling and the very, very undercard people. It's probably going to be a good workshop, because Giles Primly is great, but really no one from your level in the company is going to attend.

What do you do?

Cyphoderus fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jun 14, 2015

• Locked thread