Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Look 2, Power 0, Real -2, Work 0

Audience +2, Momentum +2

Heat with Mikaela +3

Slowly, uncertainly, Takeo brings his right fist forward to meet hers- only to use the other to swing a punch to the side of her head! As she reels from the impact he swings in with another closed-fist punch to the gut, doubling her over before the ref moves in to separate them.

A little unsure who has control of the match right now, and I'll leave time for announcer reactions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

I'll have you know, foxes have the finest call in nature
As soon as Takeo lands the hit on Mikaela, the bell rings and we are on!

vs.

DING!

---

Takeo's got starting control of the match for going for the preemptive attack!

Lager posted:

Who will be ringside annoucers?
Since you ask and since someone has to announce twice, announcers are yourself and Evil Mastermind! Lager's got official Announcer powers.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

"And there's the bell! This here's your ol' buddy Jack Walker, here with y'all once again at ringside, callin' it like I see it! And what I see is the big man Takeo Honda comin' out of the gate strong! He's got a heck of an advantage over Mikaela, and right now she looks as nervous as a long-tail cat in a room full of rockin' chairs!"

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Memnon sits at ringside as a guest announcer, though obviously somewhat annoyed at the situation. Rolling his eyes at Jack's wordplay, Memnon chimes in, "Know this, Globaldome - Jack is here to provide the color commentary, but I, Memnon, only offer you the truth. Mikaela is a true warrior, Jack. While she and I do not always see eye to eye, she understands that true warriors are made - not born. This is something her opponent can never understand, and this is why I am confident Mikaela will emerge victorious."

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Audience +2, Momentum +2

Heat: Memnon +4, Mikaela +3, Morte +0, Margarethe +0, El Dragon Fuego +0

Once the referee backs out of the way, the two wrestlers go for a collar-and-elbow tie up, matching strength against strength.

As the two are locked, Takeo suggests the two do a chain sequence.

Takeo seems to be overpowering Mikaela, but she twists around and gets into an armlock. He ducks and flips once, twice, and into a reversal before drawing her in for a scoop-slam!

quote:

Always Learning, rolling Work, so 2d6+0 = 9! I choose "Gain their respect."

Mikaela picks herself up, admitting to herself (never on mic, of course) that he at least pulled that off.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Look -2 | Power +1 | Real -1 | Work +2
Audience +1 | Momentum: +1 | Heat +3 Mort/+3 Margrethe/+2 Takeo

As the sequence starts, Mikaela tenses up on the tie-up, then takes a deep breath as Takeo's doing most of the work in this spot. As he works the first flip in, Mikaela shifts her weight to prepare for the second one, smoothly transitioning into the scoop slam, taking the bump cleanly. She quickly scrambles back up to her feet, ready in the middle of the ring for the next set.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Momentum +2, Audience +2

Heat: Mikaela +3, Memnon +4, Le Grande Morte +0, Margarethe +0, El Dragon Fuego +0

Honda delivers a double-axehandle smash to the back of his hunched over opponent, who counters with an elbow smash. He stumbles back, both dazed and insulted. With a shout he moves in again with a series of back hand chops (each met with a "Woo!" from the smarks in the crowd). Again Mikaela starts to punch back, but an impatient Honda knocks her down with a lariat!

quote:

This is mostly basic, showy stuff so I'm rolling Look.

2d6+2 = 13

I take 1 Heat and keep control.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Audience +1 | Momentum: +1 | Heat +3 Mort/+3 Margrethe/+2 Takeo

Mikaela takes the lariat smoothly, landing on her back and staying down for a moment for Takeo to get some heat from the crowd. She rolls around, trying to stall a bit, looking at the arena, seeing how people are reacting.

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

Mikaela, this is Honda like you've never seen before. He pulled of a pretty technical combination, then went for a textbook lariat that made it extremely easy for you to take a cinematic, dramatic bump. You fall and sell the move and the crowd roars with boos directed at the heel. A big section of the audience starts chanting...

"LET'S-GO-WIN-TERS! LET'S-GO-WIN-TERS!"

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Audience +2, Momentum +2

Heat: Mikaela +4, Memnon +4, Le Grande Morte +0, Margarethe +0, El Dragon Fuego +0

Honda is INFURIATED at the chants for his opponent! He runs at her for another lariat, but she ducks and stops him at the rebound with a chop of her own. The two grapple for a time before Honda unleashes a snapmare, which he follows with a chin lock, working the injured head and neck of his opponent! Mikaela steadfastly refuses to tap and tries to fight her way out.

quote:

This is closer to Work, so

2d6 = 5, Spend 2 Momentum to make it a 7 and get back one, and I am relinquishing control.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

"Now see, that's the kind o' thing I hate! The crowd ain't behavin', and now they're distractin' Takeo! How's a man supposed'ta concentrate on his wrasslin' with that racket goin' on? I can't even understand what they're yellin'!"

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Memnon snorts, "The crowd simply sees Takeo Honda for what he is. The good people of the Globaldome know a true warrior when they see one, and they know a charlatan just as well. What do you imagine they think of you?"

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Jack sounds legitimately confused by the question. "That they love me, o'course! Everybody loves good ol' Jack Walker! But as much as I love talkin' about my favorite subject, me, don't go givin' these people too much credit! If they knew a warrior when they saw one, they'd be cheerin' fer Takeo!"

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

"We shall see, Jack. I think you might find yourself surprised - watch now, Mikaela seems to be about to launch into her own assault after Honda's own premature, overconfident attempt at a submission hold."

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Audience +1 | Momentum: +3 | Heat +3 Mort/+3 Margrethe/+2 Takeo

Mikaela lands on her butt for the snapmare, struggling in the hold, moving back and forth to fight it while the crowd works themselves up to try to help her fight out of the hold.

The clapping gets faster as Mikaela works her way slowly up to her feet, pushing Takeo into the ropes for a moment. Before the ref can break the hold, Mikaela shoots her opponent into the ropes. Takeo hits the other set of ropes, and comes back blocking a hip toss attempt by Mikaela. A second block. Takeo goes to whip Mikaela into the ropes as a counter, but Mikaela holds on, swinging right back in with a wild-looking discus forearm.

Pretty sure this would be Wrestling (Work):
Wrestling (+Work): 2d6+2 11
There we go. +2 Momentum and retain control

The Lore Bear fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jun 30, 2015

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Takeo lands hard on the mat, and is still a little dazed as he picks himself up.

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

I think that works best as +Heat, but the result's the same either way!

The crowd explodes in a huge pop! The wind-up and instant payoff of big discus moves is always a hit, and you hit it with uncanny precision, allowing Takeo to land pretty hard with a loud BANG. It seems you guys are getting into a great groove and understand each other's rhythms! This is a match that's pleasing both the marks in the audience and the more savvy smarks who can appreciate how technical you're both being!

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Audience +1 | Momentum: +3 | Heat +3 Mort/+3 Margrethe/+3 Takeo

Mikaela, trying to keep the momentum going, gets into the middle of the ring with Takeo, hooking him for a vertical suplex. Takeo blocks the attempt by shifting his weight, attempting one of his own in the middle of the ring. Mikaela gets her foot up, blocking the counter attempt, going for a second suplex. Another set of counters before Takeo knees his opponent in the gut, looking to drop for a quick DDT. As he looks like he's dropping, Mikaela stops him, lifting him over into a northern lights suplex over her head. She holds onto the bridge.

Going with +Power, because dropping Takeo in mid-lift would be a disaster
Wrestling (+Power): 2d6+1 11
+1 Heat with Takeo, keep control.

The ref counts 1 and Takeo kicks out right as the second count was about to hit.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Memnon laughs as he watches Mikaela put Honda up in the air, shouting, "I may be enjoying this a bit too much, Jack. A perfectly executed suplex! She might not get the count yet, but I think it is only a matter of time."

thejoshie
May 3, 2013

Sheet
Look +2 | Power -1 | Real -1 | Work +1
Audience +4 | Momentum: +10
Heat: Makeala +3; El Dragon +4; Takeo +0; Elza +3 | Advance: 1 Gained; 1 Spent

Here comes The Breaker of Spirits. Again.

The crowd boos as the gong and heartbeat sounds off through the Global Dome's PA system. Out walks Margrethe Wolfram, complete with a towel around her neck, a steel chair in one hand and... 'that'... flag in her other hand. She casually walks to the ring, then around it, finishing her journey to the broadcast table, where she opens up her folding chair right next to Memnon as her music died down. As the commentators look at her, she merely takes a sip of her water, before putting on a headset.

"...what? I'm erely scouting out my two potential opponents. I have the right to be out here!"

quote:

So yeah, Memnon AND Margrethe are at ringside. Potential for shananigans has just increased. :D

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Jack just grins, and stands up in a gentlemanly fashion as Margrethe sits next to him.

"You ain't got nothin' to apologize for, ma'am! It's always an honor to have an athlete of your caliber here at ringside! In fact, I'm glad to have someone commentatin' with me who can appreciate good wrasslin', not whatever Mikaela's tryin' to pull off. Yeah, she's got the skills, but there's not no way she could beat a powerhouse like Takeo with that fanciful MMA crap."

Jack glances at Margrethe, and adds, "er, pardon mah French."

thejoshie
May 3, 2013
Margrethe waves off Jack. "No offense taken Jack because, as always, your french is right on the money!"

She takes another sip from her water. "Takeo maybe a Daddy's boy, but at least he has potential. Not much of it, but potential nevertheless. Kiki over there? Heck, why else did you think I turned my back on her? She's a loser! My arms grew tired carrying her career as long as I did. She's a choke artist. You could tie her shoe laces together in an rear end kicking contest, and she will still find a way to kick herself in the rear end!"

Margrethe stares at Memnon. "...and for the record, EVERYBODY loves Jack Walker! Memnation has nothing compared to Walkermania!"

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Memnon laughs off Margrethe's comments and gives her a dismissive wave. "Yes, yes. Good to see you, too, Margrethe. Now then, if your little ego trip is at an end, let us watch Takeo Honda getting a glorious beatdown."

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Takeo staggers to his feet after kicking out, hunched over and looking angrier than usual. He expected this fight to be an easy one, but now it's a war!

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Audience +1 | Momentum: +5 | Heat +3 Mort/+3 Margrethe/+3 Takeo

As Margrethe comes out to the ring, Mikaela spends some time shouting at her, getting distracted enough to allow Takeo back up to his feet. The crowd roars as Mikaela opens the ropes to seemingly let Margrethe into the ring.

Work The Audience: 2d6+1 8
Take +1 momentum.

The angry Takeo charges at the distracted Mikaela, throwing a forearm at his opponent hitting her right in the face. She bounces off the ropes, throwing a forearm of her own. The two competitors repeat the spot, leading to cheering of Mikaela's hits and boos of Takeo's hits, going back and forth a few times until Takeo starts to take control, throwing chops and forearms, pushing Mikaela back into the ropes as she tries to defend herself from the series of strikes. Takeo whips her into the ropes, but Mikaela ducks the incoming clothesline not once, but twice, before hitting a diving lariat of her own, both competitors on the mat as the ref begins to count both competitors down.

Wrestling (+Work): 2d6+2 7
Taking +1 momentum, handing over control.

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

Mikaela's new manager Giles Primly raises up a fuss at ringside when Margrethe sits down. "What is this woman doing here? She can't possibly be allowed to– this woman has used her dirty tricks to interfere with my client's matches more than once! This is outrageous!" He's running from ring aide to ring aide, whose reactions range from quickly ducking their head and walking away for fear of Margrethe to "Can't do anything about it, pal."

Meanwhile, in the ring, you guys' spot has just made the crowd pop again!

thejoshie
May 3, 2013
Margrethe shrugged at Memnon. "Haven't you learned yet, Memnon? Unlike you, I've earned my ego. Want proof? I'm in the number 1 contendership tournament. You're not-"

She stops talking when Mikaela motions for Margrethe to enter the ring. The crowd pops as Margrethe silently stands up and takes off her headset...

Before Takeo takes advantage. Margrethe then sits back down, putting her head set back on. "Hey Jack, look at Memnon's so called 'honerable warrior'! She is such a badass, that she forgot the number one rule: never take your eyes off your enemy!"

She shakes her head. "I have to say, Jack, as impressive Takeo is... I would've had this match in the bag by now."

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Memnon chuckles. "Yes, Margrethe - you are a contender. Someone finally threw you a bone after all these years of near-obscurity to keep you from continuing your attention-seeking shenanigans. Now sit down before you break a hip."

As Margrethe continues, Memnon interjects somewhat mournfully, "You are correct, she has taken her eyes off Takeo. Admittedly this is true to his one advantage - he is so pitiful he makes his opponents underestimate him. When I faced him last week I forgot that he is a slightly more dangerous opponent than Curupira, and that error cost me the match. I hope that Mikaela does not fall into the same trap."

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Momentum +1, Audience +2

Heat: Mikaela +4, Memnon +4

Takeo is the first to stir as the ref begins to count them out. He grabs a rope and slowly pulls himself up, and as Mikaela follows suit he meets her at the center of the ring.

The two exchange blows, a "YAY!" coming from the crowd whenever Mikaela lands a punch, and a "BOO!" whenever Takeo does. Takeo winds up for a big swing, misses, takes a chop to the back from Mikaela. She tries to get a chin lock in place, but Takeo wisely ducks out of it and hits her with a jawbreaker! As she's hunched over, he grabs her by the hair and lifts her up for a side suplex, but...

quote:

Wrestling Move, I'll say +Look

2d6+2=4. Snake eyes. Mikaela counters, gets +1 Momentum and control.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Jack grunts at Memnon. "For someone who claims to be some kinda honorable warrior or whatever, y'all need to learn how to talk to a lady."

He then turns to Margrethe. "Mah apologies for him, ma'am. He ain't refined with a good upbringin' like us."

*WHAM*

"Wha...? Aw, dangit, Memnon, y'made me miss what Mikalea done did to throw Takeo off his game!"

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Audience +1 | Momentum: +6 | Heat +3 Mort/+3 Margrethe/+4 Takeo

Mikaela gets lifted up part-way, shifting her body in mid-air to end up behind Takeo, shoving him into the ropes on the near side, then quickly swinging at his face with a backfist from one of her taped up hands, letting the momentum carry her into falling to her knees right afterwards.

Wrestling (+work): 2d6+2 14 Well, that is the opposite of snake eyes.
So, +1 Heat to +4 with Takeo, retain control.

The backfist looks like it lands square, as both wrestlers go down. Mikaela takes a second burst of energy to try for another pinfall. The ref drops down to count, only getting another two count. Mikaela punches the mat once in frustration, pulling back up into a chinlock to try to regain some breath for both of them.

The Lore Bear fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jul 9, 2015

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

SMACK! That is one goddamn satisfying backfist. Takeo falls and the crowd pops wildly, with people getting on their feet and chanting Mikaela's name!

There are wrestly wrestling matches, all holds and reversals, and there are brawly wrestling matches, all violence and pain, but you guys seem to have found your groove in-between. The technical but high-impact style the both of you have been developing in this match is impressive and a delight to watch, and the crowd has noticed it!

If anyone bothered to look ringside, they'd see Giles Primly watching the match with his arms crossed, a look of genuine surprise on his face, good surprise. Apparently he wasn't expecting you guys to be so good.

It's about time to take this home, boys and girls. Takeo Honda gets the win this time. Mikaela, since you have control, please tell us what events lead up to Takeo making his Finishing Move...

---

Remember when you made that joke that you'd make a banner and stop having bad luck with the die?

WELP

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Audience +1 | Momentum: +6 | Heat +3 Mort/+3 Margrethe/+4 Takeo

As they work out of the chinlock, Takeo gets a grab of Mikaela's hair for a moment to push her into the corner, looking like he's retaking control with a few chops. Mikaela fights back out of the corner, the two of them brawling pretty good back and forth in the middle of the ring. Takeo takes a running charge at Mikaela, who counters with a quick knee, followed by hooking him up for the Cold Snap, hooking his head and one leg. She lifts him up, immediately receiving a sharp knee to the face which causes her to let Takeo go. Takeo lands back on his feet right in front of his dazed opponent...

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Audience +2, Momentum +0

Takeo backs to a corner as his opponent recovers, and charges just as she stands...

quote:

Finishing Move = 4. Welp.

He seems to trip as he charges, colliding with Mikaela headfirst and the two of them stumbling over in the ring.

(Gonna leave this open if the announcers want to salvage it, otherwise I've made the choice...)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

"YEEEEEEEE HAAAAW! Big man on the move! Mikaela messed with the bull, now she's gettin' the horns! Y'all'r about to see what happens when you bite off more than you can chew!"

Putting you over! Enjoy your 7-9!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Audience +2, Momentum +0

Fortunately, the audience is still hot enough from the match that nobody seems to notice the botch, and the folks at home are bolstered by the commentary. Mikaela and Takeo are both lying on the mat, and the referee starts a count out. Mikaela stays out dead cold, letting Takeo crawl over and drape one arm across for the pin.

1... 2... 3!

Takeo starts to recover as the ref raises his hand in victory. His next match later tonight will be... difficult.

Both gain +1 Momentum, and I believe we can both mark an Audience increase.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Audience +2 | Momentum: +6 | Heat +3 Mort/+3 Margrethe/+4 Takeo

Mikaela takes the headbutt awkwardly, nearly falling out of the ring in the confusion, but manages to stay in the ring and take the pin. She has the presence of mind to roll over after the three count, trying to get back up to her feet, but looking rocked and defeated towards the ref. Also, possibly a bit confused as she looks over at her new manager, hitting the middle rope in frustration.

Audience +1 for finishing a match with +4 Heat with my opponent.

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

The audience erupts in a chorus of boos as the bell rings, announcing Takeo's victory. This was a great match that got both of you a lot more fans.

Giles Primly does his best impression of protecting Mikaela, shooing cameramen away and trying to comfort her. "You did your best, kiddo. Today just wasn't your day."

Rita Rai climbs in the ring. "Let's hear it for our winner, Takeooooo Hondaaaaa!" She raises Honda's hand, and the audience erupts in a renewed chorus of booing.

Rita Rai continues. "The final match of the Contender's Cup... deciding who will have the honor of challenging the reigning champion for the might Planetary Greatbelt... will take place next week! Who is going to come out on top? The Japanese wrecking machine, Takeo Honda? Or the German gladiator, Margrethe Wolfram?" The audience boos and cheers and in general is kind of confused, because no one knows what quite to think about a heel vs. heel match.

"But for now, we'll let our contestants rest and prepare for the big match. TONIGHT! We've got a special main event in line for you... I guarantee! It's going to be a killer."

The audience pops as we fade out to commercial break...

---

As soon as the cameras are off, Giles Primly changes his attitude towards Mikaela. He's beaming and shaking her hand. "That was great! I mean, I was expecting the worst, you know, with all due respect but you aren't the greatest on the mic... but what a match! For a chick, that was pretty great! Me and you, kid, we're going to go places. You just do exactly as I say and we can still make a star out of you!"

---

We come back from the break, and Rita Rai has called Memnon away from the announcer's desk to have a private conversation with him.

"Look, I tried to help you, I really did. But you messed up last week against Takeo! My hands were tied. The order came from above, and I had to put you in the match against Curupira and that... monster. I even tried finding you a tag partner... but no one stepped forward. You're on your own."

She changes tone now, almost pleading.

"Look... even if you you've somehow managed to find someone take on those creeps with you... They're dangerous. Back away, before it's too late." She's talking almost through her teeth now. "Curupira has... influences. Money. He can buy... many things, if you know what I mean. Trust me, this is not a match you can win."

---

So I've moved things forward a bit but any of you guys should feel free to rewind if you want to act before, during or after the commercial break!

thejoshie
May 3, 2013
GAH! Too late! Forget I posted. :p

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Audience +2 | Momentum: +6 | Heat +3 Mort/+3 Margrethe/+4 Takeo

As soon as Primly finishes his comments in the back, Mikaela rolls her eyes at the comment about being a chick. "Yeah. So, who's idea was it not to tell me what's going on? And what'd you say about a dark secret or whatever? I appreciate the help out there, but once I get in the ring, I know what I'm doing." She trails off, knowing that the out of the ring stuff is still where she needs a lot of work. "I'd appreciate it if I'm not kept completely in the dark."

• Locked thread