Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Memnon
Look: 0, Power: -2, Real: 1, Work: 0
Audience: +1, Momentum: +1

The highlight reel switches to backstage, where Curupira is returning to the locker room, victorious over some no-name local talent that the wealthy Brazilian utterly humiliated. Suddenly, from out of nowhere, Memnon appears, bringing his head down hard into the face of the heel. As Curupira reels from the blow, collapsing on the ground, Memnon looks up to the camera and points threateningly, "This rich boy is nothing but a rabid dog, Hipolita!"

Memnon turns his fiery gaze back to Curupira, who is standing and trying to get away. Memnon grabs him and slaps him hard across the face before departing, turning one last time to announce, "If you will not allow me to face him in the ring, I will find my own way to extract justice for the people from the hide of this wealthy leech! I will give you one more chance - allow me to face Curupira in the arena, or I will make sure he never wrestles again!" With that, as Rita Rai arrives to break up the unsanctioned assault, Memnon adopts a defiant stance, staring her hard in the eyes as he backs away, never taking his eyes off the massive woman. As he leaves the camera's field of view, he smiles and throws his arms to the side, daring her to come after him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Memnon

Memnon glares harshly at Rita as she lectures him, preparing himself to fight, but as she points to the television his eyes can't help but follow. He watches Takeo Honda's posturing with a look of mild disgust before looking back to Rita. "To destroy that pitiful worm?" Memnon smiles wide and nods.

The camera cuts to a montage of Memnon's previous acts of violence from multiple recent matches - throwing up a superkick against Cobalt James, his inverted frankensteiner on the Dingo, followed by multiple angles of his brutal fanakata against Le Grande Mort. Throughout, Memnon's voiceover intones, "I've worked hard to get where I am today. I've fought for the respect of my people, and others the world over. I've sacrificed friendships, and I've risked my own health." This line comes directly over the impact of his finishing headbutt against the dead man. Immediately after, the camera cuts to Memnon holding the camera in one hand, making grand operatic gestures with the other. "You speak of respect, Takeo Honda, but you don't deserve it yourself. You are nothing but a pampered, spoiled little brat - without your family you would be nothing in this business. This is why I am going to break you. This is why I'm going to take you apart, piece by piece." With this, Memnon pulls the camera close, right up to his face. "When I am finished, 'nothing' is exactly what will be left of you. Prepare yourself, justice is coming!"

The promo finished, the lights go out for a few seconds as music softly plays before a massive blast of green pyrotechnics erupts on the corners of the stage right as the heavy guitars start up. Memnon runs out in a long black coat over his green tank top and black wrestling tights. He stands centerstage, bringing his arms up over his head in a victorious stance. Memnon holds the position as the lights spin and twirl above him - green, yellow, and red. He basks in the cheers of the crowd as he makes his way down the ramp at a run, more pyrotechnics launching along the ramp as he runs towards the ring. He jumps, grabbing the top rope and swinging his way over before strutting around the ring as his music continues to beat soulfully in the background. Memnon climbs the ropes again, signalling the crowd with his arms to cheer louder and louder, smiling wide and egging them on before leaping backwards as one last sequence of pyro goes off, this time from the four corners of the ring, nearly catching him on fire as they go off. And then Memnon turns his gaze to the stage, waiting for his opponent.

I'm running under the assumption that I'm taking on Takeo Honda here, if I'm incorrect let me know, but that definitely looked like what you were going for there.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Memnon
Audience: +1, Momentum: +1, Heat with Takeo Honda: +2

Sorry, forgot the roll. Cut a promo!: 2d6 8, I'll choose to get +1 momentum, bringing me to +2.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Memnon smirks as the bell rings before launching into his attack, coming off as confident and collected right up until he hits the anchor. Reeling from the impact, Memnon staggers backwards, holding his head and selling the move as Honda begins his own assault. Memnon is pushed into the center of the ring by the blows and tries his best to protect himself and recover.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Memnon
Audience: +1, Momentum: +2, Heat with Takeo Honda: +2

(Spending a point of Momentum to use the interrupt move!)

As Honda applies the headlock, Memnon suddenly regains his senses. Memnon twists to get his leg behind Honda's as he reaches his arm up in front. Clawing for the Japanese fighter's face, Memnon grabs on and throws Honda backwards down to the mat hard as he breaks the hold. As Honda hits the mat, Memnon throws his head back and stands tall in a dramatic gesture to display his sudden resurgence of energy.

(Waiting for the announcers before making my first move in control of the match.)

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Memnon

(Rolling +Heat Roll +Heat: 2d6+2 7, I'm choosing to keep control, will post again once Honda reacts and the announcers do their thing.)

Memnon riles the crowd up for a few brief moments, letting Honda begin to rise. The Japanese fighter comes at Memnon again from behind, hoping to catch the preening Ethiopian off-guard, but Memnon wastes no time in jumping right back into the action. As Honda throws his punch, Memnon twists his head to the side, allowing his opponent to hit him on the boniest portion of his head. Memnon winces in pain and staggers slightly, but Honda's knuckles are painfully jammed. Memnon darts forward as Honda sells the move, grabbing him by the head and rapidly executing a well-performed DDT.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Memnon

Memnon basks in the cheers, pumping his fist to the rhythm of the chants. He turns as Honda rises, and quickly sets about his assault once more. Running for the ropes, Memnon bounces off and back towards Takeo Honda before leaping into the air and launching towards his opponent for a flying forearm smash.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Memnon

Memnon lands on his knees and leaps up back onto his feet, cupping his hand to his ear to listen for more chants. Dropping to the ground in a slide towards Honda's body, he grabs the Japanese fighter's arms and executes one of his signature moves, the Mäzläl - a grounded variation of a trapped headbutt move. Striking three times to Honda's forehead, Memnon finally releases and goes for the cover, but Honda throws up his shoulders at the two count.

Signature Move! +Look: 2d6 11. I hosed up when I rolled and had it as +1 since I had my Look and Real mixed up, but the result is the same tier anyway. If it's cool with you I just subtracted the one.

Lager fucked around with this message at 03:25 on May 17, 2015

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Memnon
Audience: +1, Momentum: +1, Heat with Takeo Honda: +3

(Went with +1 Heat)

Memnon looks enraged when Honda raises his shoulders, breaking the pin. As his opponent begins to sit up, Memnon grabs his head and lifts him up to a standing position before grabbing his arm and giving him an arm wrench, following up with a wrist lock. The crowd cheers as Honda sells the pain of the wrench and tries to break the hold.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Memnon
Audience: +1, Momentum: +1, Heat with Takeo Honda: +3

Memnon shouts angrily at Honda for refusing to yield before throwing his opponent's arm down, swinging his own body around in a lariat strike against Honda's throat. It's a cocky move born of frustration, and Honda manages to avoid the takedown. Memnon exchanges a few blows with Honda, who seems to be having a bit of a resurgence. Honda Irish whips Memnon, who rebounds, ducks under Honda's clothesline, rebounds off the ropes again, and then turns the tables by launching into a hurricanrana to regain momentum. The move is executed perfectly, but Memnon is obviously winded after the effort. He goes for a pin, but Honda throws his shoulder up at the last moment. Memnon leans against the ropes as Honda begins to stand.

(Rolling +Heat to do a memorable back and forth sequence followed by a difficult move that requires cooperation from my opponent to pull off. +Heat: 2d6+3 10, I'm going to take +1 Heat again, but I'm relinquishing control to Honda.)

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Memnon
Audience: +2, Momentum: +1, Heat with Takeo Honda: +4

(I believe I get +1 audience since we ended the match and I had +4 heat with Honda at the end there...)

As Honda rises and begins to leave the ring, Memnon suddenly bolts upright and smacks the ring, obviously enraged at the loss. He watches Rita as she glares and leaves, and, after pacing for a few moments clearly in shock, departs up the ramp, holding his head high and proud. He turns right before exiting, standing on the stage and grabbing a microphone.

"I have failed you tonight, my people! I have failed...for the last time! Takeo Honda will get what's coming to him. I will break him. This I swear to you!"

With that pledge, Memnon throws the mic down and exits.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Jack Walker interjects as Fuego finishes his moonsault. "Well it's like you said, Maria - this here ain't no Lucha match, it's an old-fashioned grapple match! I think that wimpy little flyer's about to be reminded of that himself!"

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Bob Manning calmly replies, "Yes. Distraction can be a fine strategy, but I believe you'll find that Margrethe is the distracted party now. Elza seems to be rallying after that cheap hit, and I think that the so-called Breaker of Spirits might want to turn around..."

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Bob chimes in to keep up with the action, "Elza goes for a somewhat sloppy footlock and Margrethe manages to spin her way out. And now, oh! Elza goes for a sit-down splash but just cannot connect! Margrethe has her timing now, it looks like, and she's planning to make her opponent suffer now. She's going for the cover, and...Out at the two count...Elza must be unhappy now, I can't imagine what's in store for Margrethe if her opponent gets her stride back."

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Memnon stares at Curupira as the Brazillian fop reflects on his own cleverness, a bemused expression on the Ethiopian firebrand's face. "Curupira, I have no time for your games. I have...bigger fish to fry." Memnon smirks as he watches Margrethe's victory. He's been planning to interrupt Takeo's match to teach him a lesson, but Curupira is putting a crimp in those plans. As the massive Dansk Dino approaches, however, even Memnon can't help but feel vulnerable, instantly going into a fighting stance and looking around the room for potential weapons. That's when he spots Fuego, over by the door. Memnon intentionally avoids looking at his fellow wrestler, not wanting to give away Fuego's presence - the luchadore is a potential ally in this situation, after all.

As Fuego makes his presence known and Curupira begins to sweat, Memnon smiles wide, nodding his head briefly in gratitude before putting his own hand onto Curupira's shoulder, carefully keeping the Brazillian in between himself and Dino. "Well, well...Looks like I'm not the pariah you made me out to be, hmm? You know, you were right to fear me, rich boy." With that, Memnon slams his foot down and acts like he's about to go for a headbutt. As Curupira flinches, and Dino prepares to retaliate, Memnon throws his head back and laughs before kicking Curupira into the massive beast he's hired. This manages to throw both opponents off balance long enough for he and Fuego to make an escape from the locker room to prepare for their match. "I accept your offer, great Dragon! We'll show these two clowns that money cannot buy honor, or strength of will!" As they depart, Memnon puts his fist up to bump Fuego's.

Not sure if you want me to roll anything here or not.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Cuttin' a promo!: 2d6 7, so I'm picking +1 momentum, bringing me to +2.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Memnon sits at ringside as a guest announcer, though obviously somewhat annoyed at the situation. Rolling his eyes at Jack's wordplay, Memnon chimes in, "Know this, Globaldome - Jack is here to provide the color commentary, but I, Memnon, only offer you the truth. Mikaela is a true warrior, Jack. While she and I do not always see eye to eye, she understands that true warriors are made - not born. This is something her opponent can never understand, and this is why I am confident Mikaela will emerge victorious."

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Memnon snorts, "The crowd simply sees Takeo Honda for what he is. The good people of the Globaldome know a true warrior when they see one, and they know a charlatan just as well. What do you imagine they think of you?"

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

"We shall see, Jack. I think you might find yourself surprised - watch now, Mikaela seems to be about to launch into her own assault after Honda's own premature, overconfident attempt at a submission hold."

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Memnon laughs as he watches Mikaela put Honda up in the air, shouting, "I may be enjoying this a bit too much, Jack. A perfectly executed suplex! She might not get the count yet, but I think it is only a matter of time."

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Memnon laughs off Margrethe's comments and gives her a dismissive wave. "Yes, yes. Good to see you, too, Margrethe. Now then, if your little ego trip is at an end, let us watch Takeo Honda getting a glorious beatdown."

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Memnon chuckles. "Yes, Margrethe - you are a contender. Someone finally threw you a bone after all these years of near-obscurity to keep you from continuing your attention-seeking shenanigans. Now sit down before you break a hip."

As Margrethe continues, Memnon interjects somewhat mournfully, "You are correct, she has taken her eyes off Takeo. Admittedly this is true to his one advantage - he is so pitiful he makes his opponents underestimate him. When I faced him last week I forgot that he is a slightly more dangerous opponent than Curupira, and that error cost me the match. I hope that Mikaela does not fall into the same trap."

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Sheet
Audience: +2, Momentum: +2

Memnon sulks only slightly as he watches Takeo win the match. "Well, at least this means that I can watch the Sifu teach you or your lap dog a lesson in manners, Margrethe. I wasn't looking forward to watching Mikaela fight him, it will be far more satisfying now. I hope you enjoyed the match."

After the match...

Memnon crosses his arms defiantly as Rita speaks, holding his head high. A look almost of disgust crosses his face as she pleads with him to back down. "Memnon, quit? No, that will never happen. The MemNation is relying on me to show that honor cannot be bought. The corruption of men like Curupira must be ripped from the system, or nothing we do here means anything!" Memnon regains his composure as he continues, "Dino is the only real threat in that ring, but I have justice on my side. I have a tag team partner, and neither I nor the great Dragon intend to run from this battle."

Memnon gestures boldly as he speaks, his confidence (arrogance?) and pride showing as he finishes. "Curupira made two mistakes tonight. The first was confessing that he fears me. The second was imagining that his tricks and bribes will help him once I have him in my clutches. Last week you tried to give me another quarry to distract me from my chosen mission. I see now why you chose that path, but you shall see. I will not fail a second time." On that note, he notices the nearby camera and stares into the lens, his eyes crazed and his face in a tightened, predatory smile as he mocks his opponent. "I hope you're watching, biting your nails and throwing money out at every official in the building, desperately seeking to delay your fate. I am here to tell you, do. Not. Bother. Your money will not save you. Your influence will not save you. Your pretty boy act will not save you. Not even your pet monster will not save you! Tonight, Curupira, I will break you!"

Would this be cutting a promo again, or working the audience? I'm admittedly fuzzy on the difference.

Edit: I did a cut a promo roll, which...ouch. I'm assuming that the work the audience is when you're actually in front of the audience, rather than on camera backstage? Cuttin' a promo!: 2d6 4

Lager fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jul 13, 2015

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Memnon
Audience: +2, Momentum: +2

A song plays as the lights go out for a few seconds, signalling the start of Memnon's entrance. Only the spotlight on Curupira remains lit, highlighting the feud between the two men. Dino stands off to the side of the spotlight, an ever-present menace, but Curupira is definitely the focus. As soon as the heavy guitars kick in, though, the stadium lights up in green, red, and yellow as Memnon runs in, ready for battle. Mic in hand, his entrance music dies down as he points towards Curupira, his eyes wide and intense. As the crowd cheers, Memnon slowly turns, basking in the sound before returning his gaze to his opponent. "Listen to that sound, Curupira!" He extends the mic then, to accentuate the cheers. "The audience knows who the fakes are! The audience knows who is truly pathetic!" As one of the plants in the audience shouts "Curupira!" Memnon points towards the shout. "Their words, not mine!"

A wide smile is on his face, but soon he heads down the ramp towards the stage. "But I didn't come here to watch you make a fool of yourself, Curupira. I could've come any week for that pleasure. No, no, no..." And suddenly Memnon's playful demeanor changes, his intensity spiking like crazy as he stops mid-stride and roars, "I came to tear you apart!!!" With that, Memnon throws his arms up, tossing the mic to the side as green pyrotechnics explode around the ring, forcing Dino and Curupira into the center as Memnon dramatically throws his arms back towards the stage entrance just in time for...

Working the Audience: 2d6+2 8, I'm picking up +1 momentum, and prepping the crowd for my tag team buddy's entrance. Take it away, Dragon!

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Sheet
Audience: +2, Momentum: +3

As the replacement "ref" comes into the ring, Memnon gesticulates wildly to express his displeasure, but soon accepts that he will simply have to deal with the situation - he'd been warned about his opponent's trickery, after all. As Dino charges El Dragon Fuego, though, Memnon erupts, shouting at the ref even as Curupira demands he ring the bell. The poor boy, obviously overwhelmed, seems as though he wishes he could just go home. With a dismissive gesture Memnon, disgusted with the proceedings, focuses on his opponent just in time to catch the Brazilian playboy going for a double axe-handle. Dodging the blow, Memnon exchanges some knife hand chops with Curupira before he suddenly, unexpectedly, lashes out with a series of elbow smashes that push Curupira into the corner. His opponent sells the strikes well, but once cornered, dodges quickly out of the way as Memnon goes for a headbutt. Memnon hits the corner post in the attempt, and is fazed long enough for Curupira to make his own attack.

Wrassling with Heat: 2d6+1 4, so -1 momentum to Curupira who gains control.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Sheet
Audience: +2, Momentum: +2, Heat with Curupira: +1

Memnon, thinking quickly as he injures the massive Dane, performs a quick leg sweep to knock the man down and give himself some time to move. Running over, he tags El Dragon Fuego in while Standing near to the corner, signalling him for a team maneuver. Dragon climbs in quickly just as Dino begins to groggily stand, still clutching his nose. Memnon whips him into the ropes and, as Dino comes back towards him, lifts him into a flapjack even as Dragon grabs him in a front facelock. All three men drop to the mat as Dino's head is forced into the floor by the flapjack/DDT combo. Memnon quickly rushes to leave the ring before the grace period ends.

Wrestling with Work: 2d6 7, keeping control but switching legal wrestler out to Dragon to allow him to do some damage.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Sheet
Audience: +2, Momentum: +3, Heat with Curupira: +1

Memnon smirks and nods as Dragon tags him in, and immediately rushes into the ring, over to his stunned opponents, with Dragon in tow. Curupira, who has only just entered the ring, starts to rise first, and immediately regrets his quick recovery. Memnon and Dragon immediately put him in a front facelock, grabbing his near arms over their shoulders as they throw him into a double suplex directly into the body of Dansk Dino, knocking the wind out of the big man in the process. As Dragon heads back to the ropes, Memnon throws his arms up to the crowd, climbing the turnbuckle and pumping his fist into the air, trying to rile them up for the next big sequence.

Working the Audience: 2d6+2 12, so +2 momentum for me, bringing me to 5!

As the crowd goes wild, Memnon hops back down from the turnbuckle just in time to get sucker-punched by Curupira, who has snuck up from the mat. Taking a few chops to his kidneys, Memnon sells the impacts but grabs the ropes after the strikes, throwing his hair back and listening to the crowd as he suddenly turns, fire in his eyes. Throwing knife hand chops of his own against Curupira, Memnon backs him into a corner just as Dino, who has finally gotten up and seems set on punishing Memnon, grabs the Ethiopian warrior and prepares to lift him into a powerbomb. Memnon counters at the last moment, and squirms out of the grasp of the big man. As the ref continues to cower, unsure what to do, Memnon runs for the ropes and rebounds, ducking under a double lariat and coming back around. As Memnon approaches Curupira and Dansk Dino, he grabs both men in a rear headlock and jumps forward forcefully, throwing them both into a double bulldog.

Wrassling with Work: 2d6 9. Spending 1 momentum to bring that to a 10, keeping control and gaining +1 heat with Curupira. I'll wait for the announcers before continuing on to the next sequence.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Sheet
Audience: +2, Momentum: +4, Heat with Curupira: +2

Memnon leaps to his feet after the double bulldog, throwing his arms up as he hops onto the ropes and works the crowd up further into a frenzy. Hopping back down and spinning towards his opponents, he points at Curupira, who is struggling back to his feet, and then throws his arm towards the ropes, indicating to the Brazillian playboy that his time in the ring is done - it's time to follow the rules for once. Curupira shakes his head and, murder in his eyes, shouts at Dino to charge Memnon. The massive Dane throws himself at the Ethiopian fighter and, while Memnon is able to get out of the way, manages to knock him off balance.

Memnon falls to the side, hitting the mat hard. Wasting no time, Curupira goes for an elbow drop, hitting Memnon hard in the chest. He throws in some theatricality, making a big show of the repeated elbow strikes to his dazed opponent as the crowd hisses and shouts at the hated heel. Eventually, he grabs Memnon by the hair and pulls him to his feet, signalling Dino over.

Dino approaches just as Memnon breaks free from Curupira's grasp by launching into his own attack with a fierce elbow smash to the face. Dino tries to stop the comeback by going for another bear hug, but Memnon throws his head back and headbutts Dino again, and a second time to ensure that the massive brute is stunned. Again Memnon orders Curupira out of the ring, and again Curupira refuses. Memnon throws the playboy into an Irish whip and, as he rebounds, Memnon shoves his shoulder into Curupira's midsection and lifts, throwing him up and over the top ring as he lands hard on the floor ringside, clutching his back in pain. Memnon then moves over to his own corner and tags in Dragon, prepping for another big double-team move against Dino.

Wrassling with Heat: 2d6+2 9. Spending 1 momentum to put that at another 10, and grabbing another +1 Heat. In addition, I'm going to spend 2 momentum to get +1 Heat with Curupira for standing up for the rules as a face. Hot tag!: 2d6 10, so that went well! +1 Momentum for both of us, a double-team against Dino, and Dragon retains control. Now at +2 Momentum, +4 Heat with Curupira. Still no heat with Dino or Dragon, but hey.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Sheet
Audience: +3, Momentum: +2, Heat with Curupira: +4

Memnon cheers along with the crowd, helping to rile them up to a frenzy as Dragon hits his finisher clean. As the match ends and Curupira begins berating his hatchetman, Memnon goes crazy in the ring with Dragon, cheering and basking in the glow of the crowd as he dances around, spinning his head wildly to the music announcing their victory before jumping out of the ring and high-fiving as many fans as he can reach before the end of the episode.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Cyphoderus posted:

Memnon, a very highly-regarded wrestling insider newsletter came out during the week with a scoop: it looks like the contract between TICWW and the network that broadcasts the show to Côte d'Ivoire, Angola, Ethiopia and Nigeria is about to expire. Newsletter asserts TICWW has no intention on renewing the contract. Lady Hipolita has deflected every attempt to talk about this. What was your reaction?

Sheet
Audience: +3, Momentum: +2

Heat:
Curupira: +4
Takeo Honda: +3 (I don't think announcing his match really counts as interacting but I'll leave it up to you)
Margrethe: +1
Mikaela: +0
El Dragon Fuego: +0

Memnon attempted to schedule a meeting with Lady Hipolita for the bulk of the week, but was entirely unsuccessful. This matter is extremely serious to Memnon, who sees himself as the African Union's ambassador to this sport. Even more importantly, Memnon relies on the support of his African fans to boost his popularity within the organization. While he fancies himself as having international appeal with his message of fighting against elitism, he is no fool and recognizes that TICWW, as an international organization, inevitably relies on fans gravitating towards their homegrown champions. Finally, Memnon is not the sort to let things work themselves out, for better or worse. His frustration with the situation eventually came to a head during his appearance on ዛሬ ማታ, a talk show based in Addis Ababa. The host, Fassilidas Joas, largely threw softball questions to Memnon which allowed him to mock Curupira further, keeping their kayfabe feud going for the cameras as he was told. Eventually, though, Memnon shocked the host as he started to ask about the firebrand wrestler's plans for this upcoming episode.

"I haven't yet decided whether to participate this week, or whether to protest the games and their anti-African agenda, Fassilidas."

The host was obviously surprised by this earnest statement, and was unsure how to proceed. "I assume you are speaking of the reports that TICWW is pulling out of their contract in several African countries? Can we take this as confirmation of those rumors?"

"I know exactly as much as you do, my friend. I have been turned away at every attempt to speak on this matter. I would not be surprised, though, as we all know how the west feels about Africa. You asked about confirmation...you can take this as confirmation that management seems to be wholly unconcerned with Africans, including their own employees!" Memnon is obviously angry as he continues, metaphorically climbing onto his soapbox to continue, "I have tried all week to give them the chance to speak with me and set the record straight, but all I've gotten is the cold shoulder. Addis Ababa - listen to me! If you care about seeing the most popular sporting event on the planet, make your voices heard!" Memnon stands as he delivers his call to action, addressing the camera with his eyes full of passion. "Do not allow the west to ignore us! I fight for you, as I always have, but I cannot win this fight alone! Take to the streets, take to the airwaves, take to the internet, but whatever you do - do not take this action from TICWW lying down! If you want TICWW to be available on African networks, we must stand together!"

With that, Memnon takes his microphone off, signalling that he has finished his tirade and leaves, awaiting the inevitable fallout from his rant.

Break Kayfabe: 2d6+1 8. I get +2 Momentum, and I choose the option for: Creative books you in a punitive match. Bring it on!

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Sheet
Look: 0, Power: -2, Real: 2, Work: 0

As Lophophorate starts heading up the ramp after his ill-gotten victory, a soft beat plays throughout the stadium, as an eerie silence unfolds, followed by a surging electric guitar as Memnon steps out to the cheers of the crowd. He is dressed not in his normal Ethiopian flag colors, and not in his usual long black overcoat which he uses for his ring entrance. Tonight, he wears a long green coat with a circle of small gold stars emblazoned on the back, surrounding an image of Africa. A symbol taken right from the flag of the African Union. Tonight, Memnon makes it clear that he is not representing Ethiopia alone, but rather his entire continent. Under the coat, Memnon is sporting a "FEEL THE HEAT!" shirt from the El Dragon Fuego line.

Memnon rushes down the ring as Lophophorate stops and adopts a fighting stance, prepared to teach this apparently vengeful warrior a lesson. Memnon, for his part, stops in front of the masked heel as his muscles tense and gives the man an angry glare as he prepares to strike before looking to the ring where the Dragon is still languishing. Charging forward, he feints to the side and then bolts past Lophophorate as he runs to the ring to help his fallen comrade, deciding that the villain will find justice soon enough. Lophophorate, for his part, laughs at what he perceives as either cowardice or weakness and exits slowly and deliberately.

Memnon helps the lucha to his feet with the assistance of the stadium personnel and ensures that his friend is conscious before grabbing a mic to address the crowd.

"Justice never sleeps, Globaldome! One week after we brought Curupira low, that filth" he pauses as he gestures in the direction Lophophorate just left in, "bubbles back up to the surface once more. Those of you who still know honor know what you saw! There was a rope break! As far as I'm concerned, Fuego has won again, just as he won against Margrethe two weeks ago!" Memnon waits for the cheers to fade from the loyal fans still crying foul at Wolfram's rule breaking.

"There was no love lost between myself and Le Grande Mort. The Memnation knows this well. He was a coward and a villain. But the Lophophorate is that and worse. I stood before you, the Globaldome, and I pledged that I would teach the Curupira a lesson. I pledged that Fuego and I would defeat that playboy and his lapdog for hire. I pledged to break him and teach him that money cannot keep justice at bay!" He waits for the cheers of the crowd for a moment before building his speech to a crescendo, jumping to the post and climbing the ropes as he looks around the stadium and throws his free hand into the air to bring the audience in to his words. "Now I vow before you all - that monster will meet the same fate! I will not rest until this murderer lies broken on the mat! This I swear!" As the crowd cheers, Memnon basks in their adulation for a few moments before jumping backwards back onto the mat and holding up his hand as he finishes, quietly, and more intensely. "And once that happens, it will be up to a higher power where I go next." As he speaks this, he gestures deliberately towards the manager's box, currently dimmed. Those in the audience who have seen his interview calling out Lady Hipolita catch onto his meaning immediately, while the rest of the crowd takes a moment to come to the same conclusion. Memnon has gone off-script by this point, sneering as he throws the mic to the side.

Heat (no longer existent) with Mort: 2d6 7, going to take +1 Momentum. Not sure if you want me to roll Real, too since Memnon is curtain twitching quite a bit and is being pretty overt and risky about that.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Sheet
Audience: +1, Momentum: +2

Still been having some weirdness with feeling like I've pinched every nerve in my body along with a really bad headache and neck pain, but I feel a bit better now. Going to try and get back into the swing of things. Sorry again for the holdup, but thanks for understanding. I think it might just be a flu or something because I started getting chills, but if it lasts into the weekend I'm going to the doctor to make sure it's not something more serious.

Break Kayfabe: 2d6+2 8. So +2 momentum, but out of the three options...I'm going to lose 1 heat with Curupira. Apparently the audience is way less interested in the dramatic, theatrical conflicts of my character than they are in the more high-stakes conflict I'm having now with management!

Memnon curses inwardly at how Rooster has been proven correct. He gambled big, and now he has to deal with the consequences. As Dingo challenges him, Memnon plays his part, glowering and shouting at the box and the audience to play up the match about to take place and how Dingo is a scoundrel and a villain. As the Australian brawler makes his extra wager over the jackets, however, Memnon demands a microphone again to respond. "Dingo, you should think very carefully here before you run your mouth. This coat represents Africa! You think that you can take it from me? How...colonialist of you." Memnon says this with a fierce sarcasm, the words dripping with venom. He gets right up into Dingo's face, his eyes filled with fury. "Take it from me, if you can!" With this, he gets rid of the mic again as he prepares for the match.

Cuttin' a promo!: 2d6 2. Son of a bitch. So that's the only botch bad enough that it can't be salvaged by my 4 momentum...Looks like that promo was hosed from the start. Hopefully I'll roll better in the actual match!

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Sheet
Audience: +1, Momentum: +4

Memnon removes his green coat and places it over the turnbuckle as well, and starts to shake himself out, preparing for the match as he almost starts to dance in the ring. As Dingo hops back in with the kendo stick, Memnon raises a hand and invites the Australian to give it his best shot as the bell dings. Dingo charges in, whipping the kendo stick at Memnon, who dodges twice before getting hit in the chest. The blow stings, but draws no blood. Memnon charges past his opponent, jumps up into the ropes, and then flies backward towards Dingo in a frogsplash. The move hits, and Memnon kicks the weapon away as he drops his knee hard into Dingo's back.

As he goes for a second knee drop, however, Dingo twists out of the way and Memnon finds himself dropping right onto the mat as Dingo leaps up and kicks him hard to the back of the neck. Memnon drops down to the mat, vulnerable.

Wrassling with Work: 2d6 5. Apparently I'm just doomed to roll horrible for a while here. Losing a momentum to Dingo along with control.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Sheet

Memnon cracks his neck dramatically as he rises, battered and bruised but still in the match. As Dingo struts and prepares his next stunt to use against Memnon, the African fighter runs towards him just as Dingo turns, having heard the crowd pop and realized, too late, that something big was happening. Memnon leaps into the air and throws his legs up around Dingo's neck. Twisting and spinning into a headscissors takedown, Memnon throws Dingo right into the box he was constructing, shattering the coffin with the impact!

Wrassling with Work: 2d6 11. I'll choose to take +1 heat with Dingo to get a start on building this feud up some. Retaining control but I'll wait for the announcers before continuing.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Sheet
Heat with Dingo: +1

Memnon raises a fist and pumps the crowd up for his comeback as Dingo sells the coffin drop. Not wanting to let up now that he has this much steam, Memnon quickly grabs Dingo's hair and drags him up, throwing him back into the ring. Dingo tries to get up quickly, but just can't find his footing as Memnon climbs in carrying a pretty nasty piece of broken wood from ringside. Memnon kicks Dingo in the face hard, knocking him back to the ground, and then goes about using the piece of wood to point to the crowd, gesturing towards Dingo and asking the audience what they'd like him to do. "BEAT HIM!" "BREAK HIM!" the shouts from the crowd are clear as they go wild.

Memnon prepares for the blow as Dingo struggles to get up. "ONE!" the audience begins to count along as Memnon brings the stick forward, then back, then forward again..."THREE!" Finally Memnon lets the piece of discarded wood break over Dingo's back as he brings it down hard into his opponent. The wood splinters gloriously as it impacts, and the two wrestlers are in exactly the right postures to sell the move expertly. Dingo is left on the floor of the mat, writhing and howling in pain, surrounded by what is basically sawdust now. Memnon goes for the pin, but somehow Dingo manages to kick out just before the third count to excited cheers from the crowd, hungry for more violence.

Rolling with real for the Hardcore/Violence move since I'm using a weapon. Beating Dingo with a stick: 2d6+2 7. Spending 3 momentum to bring that to 10. The audience goes nuts, I retain control, and I pick to gain +1 heat with Dingo. I'll let announcers respond a bit since I built that move up so much before going into the next sequence.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Didn't want to get too greedy with rolls, but if you insist! Working the Audience: 2d6+2 11, so +2 momentum back to me! Now at +2 audience, +2 heat, +3 momentum.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Sheet
Audience: +2, Momentum: +3
Heat with Dingo: +2

Memnon moves over to the side of the ring as Dingo struggles to find his footing, preparing to take to the third rope for another assault. Unfortunately, Dingo manages to snap out of his stupor more suddenly than Memnon expected. The Australian suddenly bolts to his feet and charges, knocking Memnon off the rope and back outside the ring. As the Ethiopian writhes in pain on the floor, Dingo himself begins climbing, preparing a frog splash from the top rope to the outside. As he leaps, Memnon barely manages to roll out of the way as Dingo lands hard himself, now both men struggling to rise off the hard ringside floor.

Memnon manages to rise first, grabbing his opponent by the hair and dragging him around the ringside to give as many fans as possible an up close look at the fighters as the crowd cheers. As Dingo stumbles, dazed, Memnon picks his opponent up and throws him into a powerbomb.

Wrassling with Heat: 2d6+2 10 , taking +1 heat and going into another quick sequence to keep things moving along.

Satisfied that his opponent isn't going anywhere, Memnon dives under the ring, searching for weapons that he knows must be stashed away from scum like Dingo. Eventually he comes out, pleased with his finding of a steel chair. Dragging the chair behind himself, Memnon finds Dingo trying to catch his breath against the announcer's table. The African warrior waits for his opponent to turn and face him before smacking the chair hard against Dingo's chest, following it up with a fierce headbutt to Dingo's skull. Dingo falls backwards onto the announcer's table as Memnon glares at Jack Walker, preparing for a shouting match with the heel announcer while Dingo recovers.

Hardcore violence: 2d6+2 12...I dread the lovely rolls that I know must be around the corner...+1 audience, +1 heat, but I'm giving control over to Dingo to keep things interesting. Now at +3 audience, +4 heat with Dingo, and +3 momentum.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Sheet
Audience: +3, Momentum: +3
Heat with Dingo: +4

Memnon rests on his hands and knees, coughing and trying desperately to catch his breath, selling the hell out of Dingo's assault as the Australian scrapper shuffles towards him to finish the job. As the ref gives the signal that Memnon is to win, though, the bloodied fighter watches as Dingo approaches, preparing to reverse his fortunes and end the match. As soon as Dingo is within range, Memnon suddenly darts forward, sweeping his legs out from under him. Not giving Dingo a moment to recover, he grabs the man by his hair and throws him into the post, stunning him. As Dingo turns and stumbles around, Memnon throws a series of chops, one arm pumping for the audience to count along. "ONE!" A chop to the chest. "TWO!" The neck next. "THREE!" One last chop to the side of the head as Dingo barely remains standing.

Memnon throws his arms up as the crowd goes wild - they know what comes next. Memnon drops into a catcher's stance, his hands resting on his thighs as he begins whipping his long dreadlocks around wildly, his head spinning in an almost inhuman manner. Spinning rapidly, he grabs Dingo and whips him towards the ropes, waiting for him to rebound before leaping into the air and headbutting the Australian. The Fänäkätä is executed perfectly and the crowd goes wild at the sight of Dingo's broken, beaten body being thrown to the mat by Memnon's bloodied head. Memnon gets on top quickly for the count and declares victory, throwing his arms to the side and glaring to the management box as he stands.

Finish him!: 2d6 12! I'll take that +1 Audience. Along with having +4 heat with Dingo, that means I hit +5 Audience. I'm going to choose to take the Twitch the Curtain move from my gimmick with my advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Sheet
Audience: +4, Momentum: +3
Heat with Dingo: +4

Memnon dons his African Union emblazoned coat again and then, slowly, deliberately, he grabs Dingo's jacket off the turnbuckle before grabbing a microphone. "Memnation!" He calls to the audience as a swell of cheers rises up, holding his opponent's jacket up to the crowd as he basks in the adulation. "This was not just my victory, tonight. This. Was. OURS!" More cheers. Memnon gives it a moment, turning to show the jacket off to the fans before continuing. "I want to keep coming back here, night after night, to fight against corruption and inequality - to show that there is at least one man of honor who will fight against the filth! But...that decision is not mine alone! What say you, Memnation?" He holds the microphone out to the crowd, to their cheers. Soon, the crowd starts chanting, "MEM-NON! MEM-NON!" As Memnon climbs out of the ring and towels off his head before going to high-five and embrace the fans. Still, he keeps looking right back at the manager's box, waiting for their response while hoping that he has done enough to make himself invaluable and get what he wants without too many repercussions...at least for the moment.

I'm assuming I can count this Working the Audience, since you've noted that folks are pretty convinced the whole African viewership debate is kayfabe at this point between my botched promo but lucky match. I will happily adjust my roll to a promo or break kayfabe move if you feel one of those is more apropos, though. Riling up the crowd: 2d6+4 13, so +2 momentum for me.

• Locked thread