Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VagueRant
May 24, 2012
What are your goals and what are you doing to achieve them?

Do you live for your kids? Do you live for your career? Are you just working on your degree and trying to get laid?

Are you on SA for a few laughs every now and then or do you use it to while away the hours because it's all you have?

I'm not trying to get you to join a cult or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I drove a forklift then I became a systems admin

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
I want to rock.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i cant stop crying

lordoftheT
Feb 2, 2015

Check out this cool dog!
I'm planning on making a sandwich pretty soon should be pretty cool.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

i'm reading and posting on a website

Mr.Smiley4
Jul 4, 2007
Send him to Detroit!
If you're a goon, you're not mentally healthy.

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."

Mr.Smiley4 posted:

If you're a goon, you're not mentally healthy.

bold assertion

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
I LIVE 2 PORK UR MOTHER

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

i'll put a gumball in my butthole for every 5 likes this video gets

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord
just trying to keep two things wet: my lip and my dick

*cracks beer*

well OP?? what are you waiting for?

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I make elaborate plans that are never implemented and get paid to travel, poo poo and look at the Internets. I view coming here as a part of my job tbqh

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Oh poo poo I don't belong in this thread!

killmeimmafailure
Apr 19, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Going back to school. In the fall. Hopefully sooner if fasa gets back at me

E: not that anyone cares, but I'm selling my car, paying off my credit cards in full and working a minimum wage job so I can afford something to drive to my new directional state school.

killmeimmafailure fucked around with this message at 18:01 on May 12, 2015

F hole
May 13, 2008

Trying to get laid.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I quit working EMS so that I could do corporate training and make way more money instead. Saving up giant stacks of cash because having a pile of cash pleases me even though I know I should be putting more into investments. Dating. Being a regular person. Working out because I'm in my 30's and I'd be a giant lardass otherwise. My life isn't amazing, but it's way better than most of the world and that's what I cling to.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Enfield posted:

i cant stop crying

bloodsacrifice
Apr 21, 2015

by Ralp
OP I decided night shift at the hospital wasn't my bag so I'm hoping to get on evening or day shift later this year, but other than that I really like my job. Good money and I enjoy the work. Also I am gonna take some elementary programming classes in the fall because it looks fun and my work pays for most of it. I mostly browse SA at work which is why I usually post in the middle of the night.

Fastball LIVE in concert
Jul 10, 2010
Got laid off of my sweet job mining and rode the unemployement train for a couple months before I took up siding with a friend of mine. He's horrible at paying me, and I need a new job. I still bounce at my neighborhood bar, but it's enough to cover some of my alcoholism because life sux lol

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I just figured out I have ADD at age 26. The doctor is giving me drugs and I'm learning math. I wish to make a comfortable living doing computer bullshit and to suck a lot of dick.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i have no goals and no desires. i believe in nothing. i dunno if it is even possible to be healthier mentally.

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
i dunno i'm at that point where I hate my job but the money is too good to turn down and I am in debt 350k with a mortgage so i'm kinda stuck unless I can somehow move into management which is p unlikely.

so yeah, maybe I just have to subscribe to that work to live ideal and give no shits about anything career wise and switch off as soon as I walk out the door

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Robbie Fowler posted:

i dunno i'm at that point where I hate my job but the money is too good to turn down and I am in debt 350k with a mortgage so i'm kinda stuck unless I can somehow move into management which is p unlikely.

so yeah, maybe I just have to subscribe to that work to live ideal and give no shits about anything career wise and switch off as soon as I walk out the door

lmao

bloodsacrifice
Apr 21, 2015

by Ralp

Robbie Fowler posted:

What on earth did you do to get 350k in debt

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

bloodsacrifice posted:

pokemon cards.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I'm finding a pretty fulfilling time in Photography and Alcohol. Thanks for asking.

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

Going to school to be a licensed social worker, plenty of money saved up, beautiful wife is pregnant with our boy.... Lifes pretty good.

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011

bloodsacrifice posted:

bad phrasing, my debt is my mortgage, which is 350k.

I mean I could sell the house and get out of debt but I can service the payments comfortably and in the next 6 months it'll be paying for itself via rental income ... but it's still debt.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
I get paid a lot to do a job I'm bored with, so I do a half assed job, but it's good enough to get by. I do this so that my wife and daughter have a roof over their head. I have enough disposable income leftover to keep me sane and entertained. Most of the time it's pretty alright, but sometimes it's awesome and sometimes it's poo poo.

I'm gonna do this for the next 25 years and then retire, and hopefully by that point there will be something I'm passionate about that I can do for fun until I die or am too senile to know any better.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I go to college

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

roboshit posted:

Going to school to be a licensed social worker, plenty of money saved up, beautiful wife is pregnant with our boy.... Lifes pretty good.

you say this a lot, which means you're terrified and expecting it to fall apart at any second but you're trying to convince yourself otherwise

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I teach kids science. Hopefully, they learn science, and maybe grow up to enjoy it, and maybe even will become scientists. (I have one former student who has become an actual rocket scientist and worked on both the Curiosity rover and the SMAP satellite.)

In down times I have loads of art projects, I travel with Mrs. Genesplicer, and I read lots and lots of books. I also build models (plastic and paper) and do woodworking from time to time. I write occasionally, and am currently working on an art project that will end up being like a Grail diary. Plus I drink alcohol and sleep in a nice bed.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

genesplicer posted:

I teach kids science. Hopefully, they learn science, and maybe grow up to enjoy it, and maybe even will become scientists. (I have one former student who has become an actual rocket scientist and worked on both the Curiosity rover and the SMAP satellite.)

In down times I have loads of art projects, I travel with Mrs. Genesplicer, and I read lots and lots of books. I also build models (plastic and paper) and do woodworking from time to time. I write occasionally, and am currently working on an art project that will end up being like a Grail diary. Plus I drink alcohol and sleep in a nice bed.

Hey teenagers and 20 Year olds reading these forums. This is what you have to look forward to, if you are a person whom is successful at life.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
i work for a community college doing computer programming stuff and i help people in their late 20s/30s who feel worthless succeed at school in my spare time for free because i think its hosed up they had lovely lives

when people have messages from deceased loved ones on theri voicemails i make mp3 recordings so they dont lose it

i am really in love with my gf and we go camping a lot

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

genesplicer posted:

instead of doing all that, play dank video games

Serrath
Mar 17, 2005

I have nothing of value to contribute
Ham Wrangler
I'm doing 2 graduate degrees concurrently and watching the best years of my life slip away because of a presumption that working like this now will make the future more tolerable. The irony is that I've been telling myself this for 14 years and the future never seems to come.

bloodsacrifice
Apr 21, 2015

by Ralp

Serrath posted:

I'm doing 2 graduate degrees concurrently and watching the best years of my life slip away because of a presumption that working like this now will make the future more tolerable. The irony is that I've been telling myself this for 14 years and the future never seems to come.

What are you doing graduate degree wise? That poo poo takes a long rear end time to pay off even in the best of scenarios if you are doing research.

I'm trying to figure out whether a standard MBA or a masters in public health is a better choice right now.

Serrath
Mar 17, 2005

I have nothing of value to contribute
Ham Wrangler

bloodsacrifice posted:

What are you doing graduate degree wise? That poo poo takes a long rear end time to pay off even in the best of scenarios if you are doing research.

I'm trying to figure out whether a standard MBA or a masters in public health is a better choice right now.

I'm doing a PhD and an MD. It's not even a combined program, it's a PhD at one university and the MD at another.

Cost isn't an issue, I'm not American; PhD is free and MD is about $9,000 per year.

bloodsacrifice
Apr 21, 2015

by Ralp
Well hopefully you'll get that sweet doctor money coming in do they pay doctors well where you live?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jizz it is
Dec 7, 2007

"what...oh...oh god..."
Trying to continue being a self employed freelance artist & illustrator, setting up a new business, while running both a theatre and art collective.

• Locked thread