Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Each of Seths shows involves a major change that inevitably gets undone in order to maintain the status quo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Why did they bring back Brian

Why not just kill meg it's not like they know what to do with her

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Wicker Man posted:

Each of Seths shows involves a major change that inevitably gets undone in order to maintain the status quo.

Jeff Fisher didn't come back.
http://youtu.be/onlRzVsjB5E

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

This was a highlight of the show I remember from a few years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oDTZdXl8dA

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

nothing is funnier than "yeah family guy is a poo poo show but american dad is totally cool and funny"

bob's burgers is the only good cartoon fox has had since king of the hill ended

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Bob's Burgers is ok but I really do not get the love it receives. I mean it's not just the animation-style either. Episodes I've seen have good quips and solid enough plotting but there's never anything about it makes me do more than smile and chuckle.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
why dont you guys like go out and find a girlfriend or something. gently caress

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

mind the walrus posted:

Bob's Burgers is ok but I really do not get the love it receives. I mean it's not just the animation-style either. Episodes I've seen have good quips and solid enough plotting but there's never anything about it makes me do more than smile and chuckle.

If all Bob's Burgers does is make me smile and chuckle, it's doing a lot better than Family Guy has lately...

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

mind the walrus posted:

it is well-written and humorous and jon benjamin is a national treasure

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

why dont you guys like go out and find a girlfriend or something. gently caress

gently caress you mom i'm so goddamn sick of hearing this poo poo

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

mind the walrus posted:

I like that fact that most everybody is sincere and positive rather than ironic and toxic.

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
Family Guy is good

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

mind the walrus posted:

People (myself included) like bob's burgers because it is the closest thing to good Simpsons that currently airs. It's not as outright funny as the simpsons on avg but there are lots of parallels

It does have this weird cult following that i dont get either but it's a pretty good show. Sadly seems as though fox is getting ready to kill it

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
There's this super autistic guy at my school who spends every night in the dining hall watching Family Guy or American Dad and uproariously laughing at every "joke." It's like he's a one-man laugh track.

Or there was a part in American Dad where as a random gag someone got a cage or net dropped on them, and he just gasped and said "WHUUUUUT?" as if he was actually shocked such a thing would take place in a show full of sequester physical comedy.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

There's this super autistic guy at my school who spends every night in the dining hall watching Family Guy or American Dad and uproariously laughing at every "joke." It's like he's a one-man laugh track.

Or there was a part in American Dad where as a random gag someone got a cage or net dropped on them, and he just gasped and said "WHUUUUUT?" as if he was actually shocked such a thing would take place in a show full of sequester physical comedy.

I'm glad that guy is having a good time and i'm insanely glad it's causing you so much consternation

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

I bet if Fmaily Guy and the Simpsons were some brand new shows airing exactly what they're airing right now but struggling to find mainstream viewership everybody here would be talking about what underrated gems they are and how much they need to support the shows.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
*dog vomits on baby who vomits on dog* HAHAHAHA

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Drink-Mix Man posted:

I bet if Fmaily Guy and the Simpsons were some brand new shows airing exactly what they're airing right now but struggling to find mainstream viewership everybody here would be talking about what underrated gems they are and how much they need to support the shows.

LOL, NO.

BUT THERE ARE SOME IDIOT GOONS (SEE: DOOBIE, STAR CITIZEN)

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Drink-Mix Man posted:

no

now the pjs, there was an underrated show

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

Gaunab posted:

I like the hour long episodes that were basically rehashes of the original star wars trilogies with "jokes" thrown in not really

the part where they poo poo all over seth green is hysterical but yeah, the rest of it p much sucked

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer

Seizure Robot posted:

Actually if you really examine it I think you will find that all family guy is pretty bad

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

hemophilia posted:

I'm glad that guy is having a good time and i'm insanely glad it's causing you so much consternation

jlechem
Nov 2, 2011

Fun Shoe
OP is correct, Familu Guy is poo poo, always has been, and always will be.

It's a law of the universe. Anything Seth McFarlane does is poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
GBS Knows Comedy.®

• Locked thread