Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
It starts like a terrible nightmare but ends like a beautiful fairy tale.

In 2012, Florida resident Melissa Dohme became the victim of a brutal domestic attack.

The young woman’s ex-boyfriend, Robert Lee Burton Jr., stabbed Dohme 32 times, leaving her in critical condition.

When paramedics came to Dohme’s rescue, one of the first responders was Cameron Hill who told Tampa Bay Time, “You couldn’t tell she was blond” because she was so drenched in blood.

Luckily, Dohme’s life was saved, though she was left with several scars and more hurdles to overcome.

She never gave up hope and continued to push forward in her physical and speech therapy.

This is a comparative photo of the inspiring young woman, exactly two years apart.

Dohme has even gone on to become an active member of a local nonprofit group that aims to raise awareness about domestic violence.

Dohme has proven that she is not a victim, but a survivor.

And, as a survivor, she lends her story and strength to the cause.

She hasn’t allowed the traumatic experience to hinder her chances at love, either.

In fact, she developed an intimate relationship with Cameron, one of the first responders in her attack.

"When I look back on that night, I can't think of it as all bad anymore because I met Cameron," Dohme told the Tampa Bay Times.

Three years have passed since the horrific incident and Dohme celebrated by throwing out the first pitch at a Tampa Bay Rays game this week.

What she didn’t know was that this invitation to pitch was all set up for a proposal by Cameron.

He spent two months planning everything and even thought ahead by writing “Will you marry me?” on the ball.

Clearly, Dohme said "YES!"

"He's the one I've been waiting for. My fairy tale."

Here's a video of the beautiful proposal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFkPdoiSugY

She’s been through the ringer, but this domestic violence survivor has her whole life ahead of her now. You can follow Dohme’s inspiring life and advocacy work on Facebook.

Please share this story with other goons by pressing "reply."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
then he stabbed her

Nickelback Concert
Apr 28, 2015
First Responder's friend: You met someone new? Does she have a nice body?

First Responder: Shredded.

rich white faglord
May 13, 2015

by Ralp
moral of the story is domestic abuse can have a good outcome

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

I'm surprised she didn't marry the guy who stabbed her

gizmojumpjet
Feb 21, 2006

Fill your bowl to the brim and it will spill. Keep sharpening your knife and it will blunt.
Grimey Drawer
Kinda weird one of her first responders got into a relationship with her. I mean do doctors normally gently caress their patients? What the gently caress dude.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I was so happy when he stabbed her 30 times but then I was crushed when she got better

Nickelback Concert
Apr 28, 2015

gizmojumpjet posted:

Kinda weird one of her first responders got into a relationship with her. I mean do doctors normally gently caress their patients? What the gently caress dude.

Real answer: It's the whole Florence Nightingale thing.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
a life debt can get any guy laid

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
id respond her

Nickelback Concert
Apr 28, 2015

Darth123123 posted:

id respond her

Truth.

I'd take a stab at that.

-Misfit-
Apr 20, 2005

I come in the name of Jesus Christ by the power of the holy spirit Bitch!
One weird trick for finding love with a first responder

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

then he stabbed her

Thread does not deliver.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
even though the life debt is a definite lock how can you find a woman who both honors the klingon code of honor and yet doesnt know that a paramedic saving your life not in honorable combat is only doing his due service to the empire

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
here's the forum mod that turned her into two-face

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
just like a woman to break up with a guy and marry the first stranger who walks in the door

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
if i wanted to read buzzfeed articles i'd just shoot myself in the head

rich white faglord
May 13, 2015

by Ralp
how did that dude suck so bad at stabbing 30 hits and no kill shameful

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

She's does a pretty good sly stallone impression post-stabbing

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

gizmojumpjet posted:

Doctors arent teachers idiot, once youre shipped off home with your huge medical bill its all golden.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

gizmojumpjet posted:

*victim is screaming and dragging herself across a bloodstained floor, her life's essence seeping through her fingers as she desperately grips her slashed throat*
*first responders smash down the door*

"Dang girl you fine, I'd put a ring on that booty for sure . . ."

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!
yet another reason why the patrarchy should be abolished. this man took advantage of this strong young lady.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i was expecting something silly like teh goatse man's anushole at the end of the post idk why

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

gizmojumpjet posted:

The scariest thing in the world is to realize that healthcare workers--especially doctors--are normal-rear end people and all the lofty ideals in the world isn't going to change human nature.

Dirt McGuirk
Oct 21, 2010

brave

&

strong

gizmojumpjet posted:

when my gf needed an ambulance one of the EMTs kept complimenting her on her looks

maybe its a way to keep the patient calm?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
of course it's in Florida

still good for her though. it's way to easy too just succumb to trauma and be a depressed shut in the rest of your life but she didn't do that at all.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
she got fat ., pass

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Dirt McGuirk posted:

when my gf needed an ambulance one of the EMTs kept complimenting her on her looks

maybe its a way to eat the patient's clam?

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
aren't first responders usually police officers

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
This guy's gimmick is literally just posting buzzfeed/upworthy articles with no comment, editing, or twist or whatever?

That's so poo poo

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
On the other hand, fansy's gimmick is funny and good...

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Stefan Prodan posted:

This guy's gimmick is literally just posting buzzfeed/upworthy articles with no comment, editing, or twist or whatever?

That's so poo poo

Still the highest quality post in GBS today!

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Let's just hope she doesn't burn dinner again right guys?! I mean ammirite or am i right?! :goonsay:

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Jimson posted:

Let's just hope she doesn't burn dinner again right guys?! I mean ammirite or am i right?! :goonsay:
in soviet russia, poo poo posts you!

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Jimson posted:

Check this beta oval office who cant even create masterpiece cooking creations by himself

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

If you can manage it you should try not to get stabbed.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Vulture Culture posted:

aren't first responders usually police officers
maybe he paid off the boyfriend to stab her
or it was an ultimate bro favor

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
"D'ohme!" was not one of the first replies.
I'm disappointed in you GBS.

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
i'm so fansy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gizmojumpjet
Feb 21, 2006

Fill your bowl to the brim and it will spill. Keep sharpening your knife and it will blunt.
Grimey Drawer

Dirt McGuirk posted:

maybe its a way to keep the patient calm?

How many times did you stab her?

• Locked thread