Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Levitate posted:

Cool

Rangers in the finals for the 3rd time in the last 4 years

Same. But Hawks. Also they won a cup tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Vicas posted:

Man gently caress Chicago

but ugh, go Chicago

By the end of this round Mook will have rallied all of SAS against the Ducks

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

Chicago has the least objectionable SAS fan base... But gently caress them anyway. Go East but preferably not Tampa.

Are we not mean enough? :( how can we fix it!

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

HOW COULD YOU posted:

If chicago loses that's great
If chicago wins, mook doesn't post all summer, and that's great

This is why everyone should root for Chicago

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

JoelJoel posted:

Half the league and all the good players come from here so you guys can gently caress right off until your country starts pulling its weight.

*Patrick Kane
Also hail satan

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Accurate

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

gently caress a duck :siren:

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Ross Angeles posted:

Everything is awfulawesome

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Austrian mook posted:

I spend 5 goddamn hours watching a game just to lose to Markus Kruger. I officially am no longer a hockey fan. Peace.

You get to watch five hours of hockey

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Burn

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Kesler gets to enjoy some Chelsea dagger tonight :)

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Austrian mook posted:

No mook, Q is an incredibly good coach and makes smart decisions lol

Didn't you quit watching hockey forever?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Woooooooooooo loving Patrick Kane is cheat codes.
Wrong thread whatever. Go hockey.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

bewbies posted:

if this forum is still around when Corey perry gets inducted the goon tears are going to be delicious

You can hate a great player. Pronger is a shithead but he was an amazing player

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

xzzy posted:

They need guys who can do something with the available space while the stars are busy getting ganged up on.

So Bollig or Handzus???

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Poonerman posted:

but bryan bickell is a clutch playoff performer

A playoff hero some would say

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

mastershakeman posted:

TVR got recalled from the IceHogs. Q is a maniacal villain to his own fans.

Thank god. I've never been more happy. This week. Since we won game 2.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

xzzy posted:

Hopefully he avoids the side effect of playing at a fraction of his normal output.

You have it wrong. The Kane doctor made him even more magical.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

loving HOCKEY TONIGHT WOOOOOOOOOOOO

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Furnaceface posted:

Are you from the future? Because Id like to think that this positive outlook is due to Q reverting back to playoff mode and doing smart roster things again.
In this future that I saw tvr and TT are playing tonight.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Habibi posted:

If you guys can get three other posters to acquire Kaneatars with three additional elemental forces, you might just summon enough heart for Chicago to win this one.

Any hawks fans have a Kane elemental avatar you might want? We need earth wind and water IMO. I'll buy them for you

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

mastershakeman posted:

Hmery, mine's 5 years old now and I'm finally starting to like Kane more than Toews this year for no real reason other than enjoying brash/evil guys like Mayweather.

If you can get a goon to design you something I'll buy it. Hail satan

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

xzzy posted:

If I remember right it came from a low budget local car dealer commercial, they're always poo poo at that stuff.

Someone else make the gdt today. I'm bad luck. Also vermette and TT are in tonight. Thank god.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Martytoof posted:

Any lightning fans interested in some dumb 2004 memorabilia?

I unearthed these in the stuff I brought back from Florida and left in my parents' basement.

Price of shipping from Toronto I guess? Or if you're in Toronto for some inexplicable reason you can pick them up free. Just PM me.

I've also have some full page newspaper spreads from the SP-Times or T-Trib or whatever, basically a full page of Fedotenko celebrating. I left that in a box at my parents' place so I can't take a pic but you can have that too I guess. It's just going to go into the trash in a month or so.

Where does wonderlama live?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Martytoof posted:

Well he was posting form the TBL game so I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess Tampa.

That's probably a good guess

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

R.D. Mangles posted:

give up three goals in less than 40 seconds all day

And still win. I don't get this team

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Emetic Hustler posted:

Just waiting for the other shoe to drop. But so far so good. They need to start learning to keep leads, been a worrying trend the last few years.

OK OK. But hear me out. What about a long con. Say you're up 3-1 and then you let them score 3 goals in under 40 seconds so you can tie it up and win it in ot dramatically later on.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Emetic Hustler posted:

That must be it. Hawks are so confident they can play mind games with the other team, giving them comebacks and spotting leads, only to snatch it away after playing some nerve-wracking OTs. Break the spirit of the opponent as well as beating them on the ice.

How else will we win the cup in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019 to become the best dynasty of all time?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Someone make this your avatar

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Let's talk about how rad the hawks are. And how good they are at holding leads
I've been reading some hfboards. Those people are really dumb.

RC Cola fucked around with this message at 16:13 on May 24, 2015

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

The Hawks playing with their backs to the wall is going to be a fun sight to behold. The series will go 7 games only because I'll be at a bachelor party on Saturday and won't be able to watch it. :smith:

The Hawks taking it to 7 is all I want. Game 7 ot. I don't even care who wins if it happens. I love OT

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Scrotos posted:

I was angrier that the OT ended quickly, then that the Hawks lost.

Exactly. I was geared up to watch all of the overtime hockey and they stole it from me.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

mastershakeman posted:

No, because no one expected them to beat whoever came out of the west. However, the Blackhawks, for the second straight year, are going to be failures unless they get their act together like in 2013.

A bunch of loving scrubs. They can't even wins the cup 3 years straight. loving pathetic.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

whatis posted:

chicago is going to take the last two games against anaheim and the rangers are going to win game seven. i know this is going to happen because it's the exact matchup i feared going into the postseason, and there is no greater SC predictor than my lack of affinity towards a team

It would be the perfect finish

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

xzzy posted:

Good news then, there probably won't be a game 7.

If you'd told me a month ago that Rosival was critical to the success of the team I would have laughed at you. Today? Rosival was actually a whole lot better than the dregs waiting in the wings. His injury really hosed over the defensive depth.

I don't take back any of the things that I said.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

xzzy posted:

Nothing that has a good chance of working out well.. keeping Toews and Kesler apart will give Chicago more scoring, but it also hands the Ducks more scoring. Putting Toews and Kane together means only one Chicago line is capable of scoring and the other three are just space fillers.

I still think Hossa is hurt, he's usually good for a couple highlight reel tours of the offensive zone but he's been invisible for weeks.

I think Saad and Shaw are playing to the limit of their talent, and yeah, gently caress Bickell. I hesitate to say he should get a season ending injury because I wanted the same thing for Rosival and that didn't work outl at all, but boy oh boy do I want him gone. I just don't know who could replace him at this point.

Hayes? Oh wait. Hmmm. How about Morin? drat it we traded him too. Oh well maybe some punchman

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

xzzy posted:

I haven't given up, not entirely. I'm just resigning myself to the fact at this point in time the Ducks are good enough to win the series and could very well do it.. they aren't getting steamrolled like the last two teams.

gently caress you. Hawks are gonna win it all.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

onemillionzombies posted:

His extremely asymmetrical hairline is still ridiculous, Patrick Sharp handsomer.

The finals will be a handsome off of Sharp vs Ludqvist. Game 7 fifth OT Patrick Sharp is tripped on a breakaway leading to a penalty shot....
My perfect fanfic

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

xzzy posted:

I dislike the anthem at sporting events too. I get why it happens, and there's nothing to be done about it at this point, but it still makes me roll my eyes every time I see someone get all revved up because something patriotic got broadcast over the speaker system.

While I agree, Jim has an amazing voice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Austrian mook posted:

Well i cant watch game seven. I guess im going to watch it sunday morning?

Best avoid Facebook bud

• Locked thread