Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

razorrozar posted:

oh is that a thing? hard to keep up with all the abbreviations sometimes.

I intend to be here until either I get lynched or pass out from exhaustion, whichever comes first. since stuff is actually going on I figure it behooves me to stick around as long as I possibly can.

Lemme help you with a lil nightcap

##vote razorrozar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Wow I go outside to mow the lawn and the thread blows up. I'm still not sure who I'm going to vote for, and this is only my second mafia game ever (the first being one night ultimate werewolf) so I don't want to rush into things.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
While it behoves us to leave behind the old xenophobic and insular traditions of Auspol I cannot ignore the suspicious behaviour of razorrazor. Rest assured there is no malice in this vote, only sadness.

##vote razorrazor

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

MaliciousOnion posted:

Wow I go outside to mow the lawn and the thread blows up. I'm still not sure who I'm going to vote for, and this is only my second mafia game ever (the first being one night ultimate werewolf) so I don't want to rush into things.

honestly your best bet right now is to vote for either me or burping as we are the only two with enough votes for it to be worth it.

a me-lynch is better than a no-lynch so throw your vote either way, whatever seems best to you. honestly there's no real case against burping as far as I can tell so your vote is probably better placed against me as others are more likely to vote me than burping.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
We will decide who comes to Planet, and the manner in which they come

##vote razorrazor

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
##vote razorrozar

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
ok at this point I'm resigned to my fate so I might as well claim. I am a vigilante with unlimited bullets.

I'm just going to get NK'd if I don't get lynched but if it makes town less likely to mislynch today then it's a net benefit.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
if you don't believe me I will self hammer.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
Ease outta the saddle auspol, we've got 3 hours left.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
Also vote for the guy I voted

treemac or something

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

one man's vigilante is another man serial killer

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Tirade posted:

Ease outta the saddle auspol, we've got 3 hours left.

for the project.

##unvote

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Also razorrazor is actually posting and contributing vs e.g. Amnistar who's got one more post than votefinder.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

I should clarify, being the SMAC goodiest of two shoes I get my project if I don't contribute to lynching townies on two occasions. it's not good for the Lady Skye to be seen as a butcher when she's for peace love and hugs for all.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
poo poo I meant to claim when I was at -1 but I thought gough's votes were two different people.

oh well makes little difference in the end I guess.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

##unvote

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Money where my mouth is time:

##unvote

##vote Amnistar

I'd be happy to go back onto kleedrac if for people somehow make a case for him being more scummy, but I don't want to fall into the trap we always do where we leave the silent players until d3 then are left with an argument over lynching the quiet vs lynching people we're getting reads from.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Tirade posted:

Money where my mouth is time:

##unvote

##vote Amnistar

I'd be happy to go back onto kleedrac if for people somehow make a case for him being more scummy, but I don't want to fall into the trap we always do where we leave the silent players until d3 then are left with an argument over lynching the quiet vs lynching people we're getting reads from.

true. lynch the lurkers early. we keep loving that up in auspol games.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tirade posted:

Also razorrazor is actually posting and contributing vs e.g. Amnistar who's got one more post than votefinder.

hmmm, true that. No one else seemed to be looking at him before razor came in all not wanting to vote and looking suss. But now Amnistar still hasn't shown up to do anything more than his early vote-and-run.

2.5 hours isn't too bad for Auspol time, but rather than jump around and actually split the vote I'll just pledge that I would be up for lynching quiet lurker Amnistar instead if enough other people seem on the ball about it. With you and me that'd be just 2/8 votes so far.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
my eyes are burning and I can't focus very well and I'd rather lynch a lurker than burping so ##vote amnistar before it's too late

white mans burping
Feb 24, 2015
##vote amnistar because gently caress dead weight

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ah, make that 3/8 if Kommando's in.

white mans burping
Feb 24, 2015
go to bed razor you muppet

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Can someone post the 'who's posted' post counts. I'm at Korean BBQ on Awful app.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
##unvote

##vote Amnistar

happy to lynch a lurker, especially because a vig can be useful if played halfway decently (i.e. only going for people you're reasonably certain aren't town)

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

white mans burping posted:

go to bed razor you muppet

must contribute positively before I get NK'd

I probably will now though

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Mithranderp posted:

##unvote

##vote Amnistar

happy to lynch a lurker, especially because a vig can be useful if played halfway decently (i.e. only going for people you're reasonably certain aren't town)

so on the off chance I don't die tonight would it be better to take a shot in the dark or just hold my fire? I've generally heard the former but I'm open to advice

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

razorrozar posted:

must contribute positively before I get NK'd

I probably will now though

newton's third rule of mafia: people who say they're going to get NKed probably won't get NKed

(rules one and two are: always lynch and never not lynch, respectively)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

okay now you guys are freaking me out a little with how fast that actually worked, but gently caress it, lurkers are still good to lynch, right?

6/8 now if me and Kommando both switch.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

or wait, Kommando did you mean you wanted to not vote now cause of your project?

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

razorrozar posted:

so on the off chance I don't die tonight would it be better to take a shot in the dark or just hold my fire? I've generally heard the former but I'm open to advice

IDK, I vaguely remember being a vig-type character once, and I remember it being really hard, especially early game. If it's played well, vig can really even out the odds, but if not, you end up with two towns killed overnight for at least the first few days, unless you get lucky. IDK, Auspol hasn't had a very good track record with vigilantes.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Bifauxnen posted:

or wait, Kommando did you mean you wanted to not vote now cause of your project?

that's what I took it to mean

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

someone was curious about post counts.

I'm only at 10 because I just posted like 4 times within the last 5 minutes, but Amnistar has been vewy qwiet.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

kay, make that just 5/8 then if I switch. but it sounded like he was still up for voting if it actually came down to the wire and risking a no-lynch?

The way his project works reminds me a bit of that Catholic role I had once. Except he at least wouldn't have to die over it.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Mithranderp posted:

IDK, I vaguely remember being a vig-type character once, and I remember it being really hard, especially early game. If it's played well, vig can really even out the odds, but if not, you end up with two towns killed overnight for at least the first few days, unless you get lucky. IDK, Auspol hasn't had a very good track record with vigilantes.

I'll probably go for the shot in the dark tonight since it won't hurt us too badly if I hit a townie.

unless it's a cop or doctor or something which I hadn't considered. hmm. I want to get some use out of my night action but it might not be worth the risk.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

where the hell is Beet anyway, he's being a bad beet

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Bifauxnen posted:

No I want someone to post the post counts so we can pick the silent ones.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

razorrozar posted:

I'll probably go for the shot in the dark tonight since it won't hurt us too badly if I hit a townie.

unless it's a cop or doctor or something which I hadn't considered. hmm. I want to get some use out of my night action but it might not be worth the risk.

there's risk in every night action :shrug: if you've got a power, use it, but try to use it wisely.

white mans burping
Feb 24, 2015
re: NK as vig

We have a saying here in auspoo: "Kill 'em all, and let the grid sort them out"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Kommando posted:

No I want someone to post the post counts so we can pick the silent ones.

voting for townies doesn't disqualify you right? so there's no real risk involved other than delaying your project a day or two

although scum might consider you a big enough threat to nk you since your project seems relatively easy to accomplish.

• Locked thread