Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.
Let's talk about our awesome or dumb draft picks.

ROUND 1

code:
1(1)	Buccaneers	Winston, Jameis	QB	6'4"	231	Florida St.	

2(2)	Titans	Mariota, Marcus	QB	6'4"	222	Oregon	

3(3)	Jaguars	Fowler, Jr., Dante	OLB	6'3"	261	Florida	

4(4)	Raiders	Cooper, Amari	WR	6'1"	211	Alabama	

5(5)	Redskins	Scherff, Brandon	OG	6'5"	319	Iowa	

6(6)	Jets	Williams, Leonard	DE	6'5"	302	USC	

7(7)	Bears	White, Kevin	WR	6'3"	215	West Virginia	

8(8)	Falcons	Beasley, Vic	OLB	6'3"	246	Clemson	

9(9)	Giants	Flowers, Ereck	OG	6'6"	329	Miami	

10(10)	Rams	Gurley, Todd	RB	6'1"	222	Georgia	

11(11)	Vikings	Waynes, Trae	CB	6'0"	186	Michigan St.	

12(12)	Browns	Shelton, Danny	NT	6'2"	339	Washington	

13(13)	Saints	Peat, Andrus	OT	6'7"	313	Stanford	

14(14)	Dolphins	Parker, DeVante	WR	6'3"	209	Louisville

15(15)	Chargers (from 49ers)	Gordon, Melvin	RB	6'1"	215	Wisconsin	

16(16)	Texans	Johnson, Kevin	CB	6'0"	188	Wake Forest	

17(17)	49ers (from Chargers)	Armstead, Arik	DT	6'7"	292	Oregon

18(18)	Chiefs	Peters, Marcus	CB	6'0"	197	Washington	

19(19)	Browns (from Bills)	Erving, Cameron	C	6'5"	313	Florida St.	

20(20)	Eagles	Agholor, Nelson	WR	6'0"	198	USC	

21(21)	Bengals	Ogbuehi, Cedric	OT	6'5"	306	Texas A&M		

22(22)	Steelers	Dupree, Bud	OLB	6'4"	269	Kentucky	

23(23)	Broncos (from Lions)	Ray, Shane	DE	6'3"	245	Missouri	

24(24)	Cardinals	Humphries, D.J.	OT	6'5"	307	Florida		

25(25)	Panthers	Thompson, Shaq	OLB	6'0"	228	Washington	

26(26)	Ravens	Perriman, Breshad	WR	6'2"	212	Central Florida	

27(27)	Cowboys	Jones, Byron	CB	6'1"	199	Connecticut	

28(28)	Lions (from Broncos)	Tomlinson, Laken	OG	6'3"	323	Duke		

29(29)	Colts	Dorsett, Phillip	WR	5'10"	185	Miami		

30(30)	Packers	Randall, Damarious	FS	5'11"	196	Arizona State	

31(31)	Saints (from Seahawks)	Anthony, Stephone	ILB	6'3"	243	Clemson	

32(32)	Patriots	Brown, Malcom	DT	6'2"	319	Texas

Apparently, Danny Shelton has a sick and nasty swim move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Parker is a loving ball magnet

http://www.miamidolphins.com/multimedia/videos/Dennis_Hickey_Analyzes_The_2015_Rookie_Class/8b6d6032-f5bd-4596-a5d4-1eb48e5d5844

2:48 is when the 1st rounders start up. Its highlights of them at rookie camp. Some of his grabs are phenomenal

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 02:40 on May 15, 2015

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Parker is a loving ball magnet

http://www.miamidolphins.com/multimedia/videos/Dennis_Hickey_Analyzes_The_2015_Rookie_Class/8b6d6032-f5bd-4596-a5d4-1eb48e5d5844

2:48 is when the 1st rounders start up. Its highlights of them at rookie camp. Some of his grabs are phenomenal

Which of you fins fans hated the guy?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
the Redskins drafted (hopefully) the best tackle in the draft, a solid if unspectacular pass rusher, and a shifty wr/kr who is probably too small to actually make it as a receiver in the NFL. Other than that I don't really have any opinions on their picks. I do like Jamison Crowder though (because Duke players getting drafted is kind of a mindfuck for me) and i hope he can be the newest tiny receiver with a chip on his shoulder.

at least the Redskins didn't draft a rapist or a woman beater with their first pick.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

shiksa posted:

at least the Redskins didn't draft a rapist or a woman beater with their first pick.

you don't know that yet

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

warcrimes posted:

Which of you fins fans hated the guy?

I absolutely didn't like him at first glance of receivers but about a month before the draft I started listening to opinions of people who hold opinions I respect and he had Parker as his #2 receiver this draft.

I didn't like Parker because I just dont see him game breaking anything. The only receiver I absolutely hated at 14 was UCF's one trick pony. Oh god what a lovely pick that'd have been. My receiver history is pretty spotty at best - I loved Josh Gordon, I hated Keenan Allen, I loved Stedman Bailey, I thought Sammy Coates was on the same level as Kevin White

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I didn't like Parker because I just dont see him game breaking anything. The only receiver I absolutely hated at 14 was UCF's one trick pony. Oh god what a lovely pick that'd have been. My receiver history is pretty spotty at best - I loved Josh Gordon, I hated Keenan Allen, I loved Stedman Bailey, I thought Sammy Coates was on the same level as Kevin White

You were pretty solid on disliking Parker before the draft. I still sort of think he'll be great just because of that Florida State game which is almost all I know about him.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
This topic should be called Draft Aftermath

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Grittybeard posted:

You were pretty solid on disliking Parker before the draft. I still sort of think he'll be great just because of that Florida State game which is almost all I know about him.

My recap was pretty honest - like I said, I didnt like him at initial glance but about a month before the draft, I started listening to opinions on him from people I put in high regard.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Parker is far from ideal for me but honestly I'm not upset if we get him.

I'd love a trade down and that usc kid. Man he's Greg Jennings 2.0

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I agree on Mariota not being top 10 quality at all but disagree on Jameis. Then again I think Parker is worth a 2nd rounder while people who TAUGHT me what to look for with receivers trying to make the nfl say he's a stud. So hey your move may vary.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I'm fully expecting to grab parker and while I'm not totally against it because everyone seems to agree he's got a massive catch radius, I just see so many holes in his game. He's caught from behind too much.

But his FSU tape is a top 10 pick that's for sure.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Devante Parker has a world class catch radius, and he's gonna be a good player in the NFL

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
DJ Humphries appears to be tall and heavy. That's all I can discern. Can any other Cardinals/Florida fans add more?

edit: apparently i can't discern his name tho

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Devante Parker has a world class catch radius, and he's gonna be a good player in the NFL

dude owns and i hope he rips poo poo up

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Metapod posted:

you don't know that yet

Scherff has already done his time.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Colts drafted TY Hilton 1.5 while giving a large nose tackle to the Patriots. I'm not optimistic, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The Ravens drafted all the best players, Dennis Pitta and Jimmy Smith are going to come back healthy, they got all the best free agents, they hired Ted Wells to get brady suspended. THere's nothing standing in the way of the Ravens and the super bowl.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Whiz called dgb a knucklehead today because he jumped offsides. Good or bad start?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Knucklehead is probably a pretty good way to describe DGB. At least when you're not describing him as 'violent' or 'woman-beater' or whatever.

Apparently La'el Collins was bluffing all along, and his agent says they would have reported to any team that drafted him. So every NFL team is dumb.

quote:

“We can put it on the record now: We were never going back in the draft,” Smith says of waiting for the 2016 draft. “If someone had drafted him, we would’ve had a long, long discussion about it, but at the end of the day you can’t go back in the draft. He could get injured, gain weight, or 10 great tackles could come out. Too many risks.”

There's a lot more to that story by the way.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lol he owned the NFL

Bravo

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I can't believe there was not a single GM willing to call his bluff.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Intruder posted:

lol he owned the NFL

Bravo

Eh...I think it's easy for him to say that now to make himself seem clever.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Maybe. But I think his agent is right in that it would have been career suicide to just sit around for a year.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Some images from Raider Rookie mini camp-

Amari

Mario Edwards, Jr.

Clive Wolford

Ben "gritty, high motor" Heeney

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

You assholes need to give Mighty No. 9 his number back

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Raku posted:

Blame the NFL. 9 is for QBs or kickers/punters. Gurley can't have 3 either.

It sucks.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Grittybeard posted:

It sucks.

gayyyyyyyyy

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Grittybeard posted:

It sucks.

Didn't Reggie Bush try to get the rule changed when he got drafted?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm so excited for the season to start already to see all the new offensive weapons the titans have. How do you guys who root for good teams deal with this excitement?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ross Angeles posted:

Didn't Reggie Bush try to get the rule changed when he got drafted?

I don't know but good on him if he did. Trin laid out the idea behind number restrictions somewhere but outside of identifying offensive linemen I can't remember what it is.

Let any skill position wear anything other than a number from 50-79 as far as I can tell. And is there any reason to care on D?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Metapod posted:

I'm so excited for the season to start already to see all the new offensive weapons the titans have. How do you guys who root for good teams deal with this excitement?

I remember back in the mid 2000s just spending the entire offseason hoping Tomlinson didn't get hurt

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Looking forward to a Browns 2-12 record with 16 games that go 10-6. Our D gonna own I hope and soon, next year, we gonna get that O. So excited for next year's draft and us finally getting a good QB.

Only thing that can gently caress it up is if we accidentally win 4 games.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Raku posted:

All WRs should be wearing numbers in the 80s :colbert:

Metapod posted:

I'm so excited for the season to start already to see all the new offensive weapons the titans have.

Same, except the raiders

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
He picked 19 at first cause it was the closest and was introduced with it. Then a little bit later James Jones gets cut and at minicamp he decided 89 looked cooler (it does).

And some people that ordered the 19 jersey started freaking out on Twitter :laugh:

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

This topic should be called Draft Aftermath

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Gatts posted:

Looking forward to a Browns 2-12 record with 16 games that go 10-6. Our D gonna own I hope and soon, next year, we gonna get that O. So excited for next year's draft and us finally getting a good QB.

Only thing that can gently caress it up is if we accidentally win 4 games.

You can't be serious, tanking very rarely works.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Flikken posted:

Nah, with Cardale Jones they have nothing to worry about.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Flikken posted:

I want basement dweller this year so we can get #1 pick. Then we trade down to #10, pick up Cardale anyway and get another 1st and 2nd and next year's 1st. And then I orgasm everywhere.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Gatts posted:

I want basement dweller this year so we can get #1 pick. Then we trade down to #10, pick up Cardale anyway and get another 1st and 2nd and next year's 1st. And then I orgasm everywhere.

The Browns have had extra first round picks for like half a decade now and it hasn't helped.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I seriously don't get the Cardale Jones hype. He's not even a sure thing to win the starting job this year.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Gatts posted:

Kevin Costner returns in Draft Day 2: The Tanking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Benne posted:

I seriously don't get the Cardale Jones hype. He's not even a sure thing to win the starting job this year.

Just means 2 first round QBs from ohio state next year.

• Locked thread