Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lowly
Aug 13, 2009

I can remember the exact moment I fell in love with my husband. It was not nearly "at first sight." It was maybe six months or more after we had first met. When we met, we lived in two different cities. I was in a relationship with someone else. I didn't think much of him at the time because of that. He was someone I was meeting and would likely not see again. But the friend who introduced us insisted that she had noticed a spark and we would be great together. I blew her off since I was with someone else. When I was single again, she started pushing it again because of that "spark" and would do things like put him on the phone when I called her (they were neighbors). Eventually we started talking on our own and emailing, and decided to meet up again in person when he came to visit a friend in my town.

It turned out the friend he was staying with lived only three blocks from me, so we agreed that he would hang out at his friend's place for a while, then come get me and bring me to his friend's party to hang out and meet all his friends. When he knocked on my door, I opened it and he was all out of breath. I asked him why, and he told me that when he had left his friend's house he had suddenly gotten really nervous about seeing me, so he ran all the way to my place to try and work off the nerves. I found that so loving adorable that I fell in love with him on the spot.

Knowing that I would marry him took a lot longer. I can't point to any one thing that made me know it ... but he has told me that he knew he would marry me when I had this exceptionally bad day. My car got towed right before I was supposed to leave on a cross-country flight and it was one of those "anything that can go wrong, will" kind of days. I was talking to him throughout the day as I was taking care of things and re-arranging things, and the way I just took everything in stride and didn't externally fall apart or freak out, just handled it all, one thing after another, convinced him I was a lady he wanted to marry, apparently.

It turned out to be a good decision, we've been married for 13 years now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread