Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fivethree
Jul 28, 2014
my uncle works for nintendo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

i was a second grader during the 8-bit era

I'm gonna swirly you kids

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
*Will be just as mature 30 years later*

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
catch all the pokemans including the glitch box one and talk to the guy and he'll move the truck and underneath there will be Myu and if you can catch it he'll let you drive his truck

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
can't wait to have a worthless college degree in 15 years

snuggle baby luvs hugs
Aug 30, 2005

Universe Master posted:

I'm gonna bang you kids

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
what the gently caress, jerry? you didn't bring your pogs AGAIN?? you owe me from last time!

what the hell is that thing? "game boy"? i'll play a fuckin game, boy, and it's flushing your stupid bowl cut down the toilet in the stall for sped kids

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

13 year old girls posted:

what the gently caress, jerry? you didn't bring your pogs AGAIN?? you owe me from last time!

what the hell is that thing? "game boy"? i'll play a fuckin game, boy, and it's flushing your stupid bowl cut down the toilet in the stall for sped kids

i hate pogs.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

loving little kids can't appreciate how revolutionary the cutscenes in ninja gaiden 1 were

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Bitterly Clinging to my AK47 and Das Kapital

a genesis?

Toe jam and earl?

drat this is the best birthday party I've ever been to!

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

LeoMarr posted:

i hate pogs.

jesus, jerry, it's like you enjoy the swirlies

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Hmmm I only get one game a year I better choose wisely, oh I liked Aladdin I'm getting the Aladdin game!

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Prettz posted:

loving little kids can't appreciate how revolutionary the cutscenes in ninja gaiden 1 were
they were scary i mean the main guy gets shot right after the first stage and all this creepy music is playing

Kuato posted:

Hmmm I only get one game a year I better choose wisely, oh I liked Aladdin I'm getting the Aladdin game!
which one

ehhhhhhh actually it doesnt make a difference they were both good

fivethree
Jul 28, 2014
my mom got pissed i rented mortal kombat and made it return it for Cool Spot

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Why does this old map call Russia the USSR?

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

fivethree posted:

my mom got pissed i rented mortal kombat and made it return it for Cool Spot

cool spot owned though

i mean i was a child so maybe the game sucked but as a kid i thought it was the poo poo because it was a game about a cool soda, 7up

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
I must warn Bin Laden

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
Playing the first level of sonic over and over and over and over and over

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx
Hey Sonic is brand new and doesn't suck large embarrassing turds yet, this is great

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

EmperorFritoBandito posted:

Hey Sonic is brand new and doesn't suck large embarrassing turds yet, this is great
no it really did back then too

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
If you didn't have The Legend of Zelda, you were an unpopular human being missing out on the best game ever. Good luck trying to rent it when your parents only go to the video store on late Saturday / Sunday.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

President Kucinich posted:

a genesis?

Toe jam and earl?

drat this is the best birthday party I've ever been to!

sega does what nintenDON'T

RennZero
Oct 10, 2007

"Get in."
Did you guys hear they are making a Super Nintendo? I can't even believe it, how can they even improve on Mario 3?

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

Prettz posted:

gently caress off Travis, you're just saying that because of your terrible home life that was really obvious in retrospect

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Prettz posted:

That's it, you can't come to my TMNT themed birthday party :mad:

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp
*doesnt really get the whole concept of this beyond more=better*

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.
*Is the only person my age who realizes "brang" and "brung" aren't words*

*thinks the Ghostbusters are a good subject for a fairy tale assignment.*

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Seaniqua posted:

can't wait to have a worthless college degree in 15 years
you have 2 years after college to join the economic bracket that is actually going to recover from the recession :ohdear:
your best bets are making no mistakes or taking out assloads on still easily available credit either to build a good credit history way easier than it will be later or stash the money under your mattress and repay under loan forgiveness terms
bonus option: short the market and make millions

RennZero posted:

how can they even improve on Mario 3?
im still asking this today

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

gary oldmans diary posted:

im still asking this today

Shovel Knight is p. much Mario 3 and all the very best NES platformers coming together Captain Planet style.with the death system of Dark Souls thrown in for good measure.

choprite
Sep 29, 2007
just about as retarded as you'd think
sega channel, hell yes

doesn't matter that i can't save more than one game- i can't get past the first level of shining force 2 anyway

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
i graduated high school when super nintendo was still pretty new so i have no frame of reference for this thread

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
im gay

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Universe Master posted:

I'm gonna swirly you kids

2nd Grader in the Atari area. (pulls out dick) :flaccid: Oh.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Dresh posted:

*thinks the Ghostbusters are a good subject for a fairy tale assignment.*

Hell, my mom still thinks "broughten" is a word. Like, past participle "I've broughten the chips."

Come to think of it, she did play the heck out of Link to the Past back in ye olde day. My little brother would watch both of us play but I was usually about a day ahead of her. Little bro would try to tell her what to do based on what I did, giving unsolicited hints like "Shoot the statue!" She didn't like that.

What I'm saying is that my brother is the right age for this thread and I'm just goddamn old.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Applewhite posted:

*Will be just as mature 30 years later*

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Dresh posted:

emptyquotin dis.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
on the 3rd day, play the song of double time and you will be warped to a parking lot with the happy mask salesman standing next to a red truck on the 4th day. talk to him and he'll tell you he is going to give you the keys to the truck if you can convince the zora princess to suck his dick. use the scarecrow to warp to the zora kingdom and give her the yellow butterfly bottle and you will get the princess zora mask. go suck his dick and take off the mask and talk to the hapyy mask salesman and you will be awarded the keys to his truck, which you can drive around the map and use it against majora and you can challenge him to a race and if you win majora will give you majora's mask

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

I swear, I heard they're making an ULTIMATE Mortal Kombat 3! And it's going to have Scorpion and Reptile and Jade...

(This was the only rumor I didn't believe)

SSH IT ZOMBIE
Apr 19, 2003
No more blinkies! Yay!
College Slice
Did you get that sweet game in your box of chex too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Lets Pickle posted:

I swear, I heard they're making an ULTIMATE Mortal Kombat 3! And it's going to have Scorpion and Reptile and Jade...

(This was the only rumor I didn't believe)

There's a cheat code that let's you play as Samus naked in super Metroid. HTH

• Locked thread