Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geek USSR
Mar 24, 2011
In the Genesis creation myth the people do not eat the animals before the fall of humanity and sin enters the world.

Therefore, God's original plan for creation is living alongside animals in peace rather than eating them. Until God one day redeems all of creation, please do not eat meat.

So be it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
if god didnt want me to eat meat then why does it taste so good?

texasmed
May 27, 2004
You can't tell me what to do

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
There is no God.

BTW OP, you're wrong. In that myth he gave mankind; "Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

You fail at life.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

VendaGoat posted:

There is no God.

BTW OP, you're wrong. In that myth he gave mankind; "Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

You fail at life.

owned on the Sabbath

Geek USSR
Mar 24, 2011

VendaGoat posted:

There is no God.

You fail at life.

"Rule over" does not mean to murder creation, but to care for it.

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.
God wants Five Guys right now OP.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Geek USSR posted:

In the Genesis creation myth the people do not eat the animals before the fall of humanity and sin enters the world.

Therefore, God's original plan for creation is living alongside animals in peace rather than eating them. Until God one day redeems all of creation, please do not eat meat.

So be it.

Nah, there's straight up a part in the Bible where God says "hey I made these animals for you to eat except for the ones I don't want you to eat but pretty much all animals exist for human beings."

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
god is not real and we eat meat because it's a good source of protein and fats hth u fatty protein faffer

Geek USSR
Mar 24, 2011

amityville anus posted:

if god didnt want me to eat meat then why does it taste so good?

temptation is everywhere

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Geek USSR posted:

"exercise ultimate power or authority over (an area and its people)."

You'd think an omnipotent and omnipresent being would understand such trifling things as "Definitions"

gently caress off OP.

Geek USSR
Mar 24, 2011

VendaGoat posted:

"exercise ultimate power or authority over (an area and its people)."

You'd think an omnipotent and omnipresent being would understand such trifling things as "Definitions"

gently caress off OP.

You seem easily angered. Perhaps you would benefit from more greens and less red meat. Bless you, child.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Also the parts of the Bible that specify which animals you can't eat doesn't say "you can't eat any of them" but rather says "you can't eat these ones and these one but the rest are cool to eat and I fully recommend such a thing as eating them."

Geek USSR
Mar 24, 2011

burritolingus posted:

Also the parts of the Bible that specify which animals you can't eat doesn't say "you can't eat any of them" but rather says "you can't eat these ones and these one but the rest are cool to eat and I fully recommend such a thing as eating them."

The law was created for a sinful people. Before sin, we were given the responsibility to nurture creation.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
God called cain a little bitch when he gave him vegetables as tribute. He got so mad he threw a tantrum that killed his brother. What I'm saying is vegetarians are children and their fathers don't love them for it.

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.

Hobohemian posted:

God called cain a little bitch when he gave him vegetables as tribute. He got so mad he threw a tantrum that killed his brother. What I'm saying is vegetarians are children and their fathers don't love them for it.

Man has a point. What's with all the sheep slaying OP?

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
like how when a peasant couldnt pay his taxes on time the king would eat him i remember that i read about it somewhere

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Oh no, I should rethink my whole life.

wait, God's not real, gonna go have a steak.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
ITT The OP questions the wisdom of the ultimate power.

Going against God's wishes ITT

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
cooking animal fat is god's favorite thing next to penis skin so i'm questioning your interpretation OP

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Should have given us a second stomach or a longer colon to make fully digesting plants possible instead of designing us with this gut tract that's hyper-efficient at processing protein.

Besides how the hell are you going to carry two big rear end stone tablets from the mount on a diet of salads? Thou shalt lift should have been on there somewhere. Probably was, just no one could count to eleven yet.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Before the fall God apparently wanted us to all gently caress our moms. too.

Sorry, God, I'm not down with that.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Matzah ball

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
You know what else is hosed up? An omnipotent, omnipresent being created an angel that would eventually rebel against him and introduce, even though it wasn't actually him that did the first introduction LOL, the knowledge of good, evil and death into mankind.

The fucker had to KNOW it would happen. Which means the asscock knew it before he even created Lucifer and sent him forth to do his bidding. Not to mention the fact, that once the Angel of Light, yes mother loving Genesis, volume loving one, line motherfucking three; "LET THERE BE LIGHT", started on his plan to thwart the ultimate power in the universe, the ultimate power could have just bitch slapped him out of all loving existence and erased all knowledge of him, for all time.

But noooooo, motherfucker with a white beard in a god damned cloud temple sent his "Son", imbued with the Almighty's power, to banish him and a third of his own creations, which the gently caress head would know would follow the Morningstar, through Chaos and into the hellfire Abyss of Tartarus.

All so that the Bringer of loving light would tempt a neophyte Eve into eating a cursed loving fruit, that the gently caress head of a creator put in the rear end loving garden with them, and imbue them with the curiosity, free will, knowledge of good, evil and death, that we all exhibit today.

Meanwhile, chuckle-gently caress god is just fondling his testicles, thinking about Abraham, in loving Valhalla, happy as a pig in poo poo about how clever he is that he created all this poo poo, KNOWING THAT IT WOULD loving HAPPEN.

He tips his loving Fedora and the fallen angelic host hisses their forms away into the phylum Chordata. Only to show up in a John Carpenter film or maybe some cock headed Mila Kunis Bourbon commercial.

And while the "Son" Is stroking his manhood in the Paradiso, Dante Alighieri is scrawling notes on a loving stone tablet and neck beard god says; "All according to my will"

Jesus Christ, I need a loving drink.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
God can eat my big meaty dick.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
i think it was genesis where god said
"And let men rule over all the beast of the fields and creatures of the sea,
And let him abuse and torture these animals in vast numbers so that meat may be plentiful,
And let him also take so many animals from forest and sea that most of the kinds shall be gone from the earth for all time.
And let him excuse all such behavior because caring is haaaaaaaaaard."

why can't you people all be civilized and get your meat from ethical sources like the d-grade bbq pork buns i buy from the chinese grocer

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Hobohemian posted:

VendaGoat posted:

You know what else is hosed up? An omnipotent, omnipresent being created an angel that would eventually rebel against him and introduce, even though it wasn't actually him that did the first introduction LOL, the knowledge of good, evil and death into mankind.

The fucker had to KNOW it would happen. Which means the asscock knew it before he even created Lucifer and sent him forth to do his bidding. Not to mention the fact, that once the Angel of Light, yes mother loving Genesis, volume loving one, line motherfucking three; "LET THERE BE LIGHT", started on his plan to thwart the ultimate power in the universe, the ultimate power could have just bitch slapped him out of all loving existence and erased all knowledge of him, for all time.

But noooooo, motherfucker with a white beard in a god damned cloud temple sent his "Son", imbued with the Almighty's power, to banish him and a third of his own creations, which the gently caress head would know would follow the Morningstar, through Chaos and into the hellfire Abyss of Tartarus.

All so that the Bringer of loving light would tempt a neophyte Eve into eating a cursed loving fruit, that the gently caress head of a creator put in the rear end loving garden with them, and imbue them with the curiosity, free will, knowledge of good, evil and death, that we all exhibit today.

Meanwhile, chuckle-gently caress god is just fondling his testicles, thinking about Abraham, in loving Valhalla, happy as a pig in poo poo about how clever he is that he created all this poo poo, KNOWING THAT IT WOULD loving HAPPEN.

He tips his loving Fedora and the fallen angelic host hisses their forms away into the phylum Chordata. Only to show up in a John Carpenter film or maybe some cock headed Mila Kunis Bourbon commercial.

And while the "Son" Is stroking his manhood in the Paradiso, Dante Alighieri is scrawling notes on a loving stone tablet and neck beard god says; "All according to my will"

I think most people cherry pick aspects of their religion that support the stuff they're already doing so the actual details aren't that important, you can pretty much make up whatever you want from it. Other than maybe, MAYBE, having to pay a small fine for punching a lady and causing a miscarriage, is abortion even in the bible?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Geek USSR posted:

You can't murder animals, dumbass.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

VendaGoat posted:

Careful dude that's how we wound with half of this mess.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Specter posted:

Careful dude that's how we wound with half of this mess.

:golfclap:

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
hahha gently caress "god said this" "god said that""i do everything god says like a little bitch"lmao

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Geek USSR posted:

The law was created for a sinful people. Before sin, we were given the responsibility to nurture creation.

Nah God straight up made animals to eat, and then after sin, said we can't eat some of them. Before sin, you could eat whatever animal you wanted. I mean, I guess you can now as well, because Jesus said those laws were dumb and to toss them, and Jesus was pretty big on bacon.

And if you think about it, God got really pissed at Adam and Eve when they ate a plant. So it's pretty clear the big dude wants us to eat animals.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

burritolingus posted:

Nah God straight up made animals to eat, and then after sin, said we can't eat some of them. Before sin, you could eat whatever animal you wanted. I mean, I guess you can now as well, because Jesus said those laws were dumb and to toss them, and Jesus was pretty big on bacon.

Except on Friday. MOTHERFUCKER! You can't eat "meat" on Friday. What the gently caress is this poo poo? What kind of arbitrary rules does a Prime motherfucking creator run by?

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

VendaGoat posted:

isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

this isnt a contradiction, it's the role of God in the Bible. the position on evil that people like the calvinists take is the internally consistent one because it says that when evil happens to you, god did it on purpose, and no he wont tell you the reason. if you did a bad thing, God designed you to do so. the good people are predetermined by god on purpose. it's not very fun and people don't like it but it's exactly what the bible says.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

VendaGoat posted:

Except on Friday. MOTHERFUCKER! You can't eat "meat" on Friday. What the gently caress is this poo poo? What kind of arbitrary rules does a Prime motherfucking creator run by?

To be fair, if I made a universe, I'd probably give its inhabitants a bunch of dumb, arbitrary rules to live by lest they incur my wrath.

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

what the heck was this guy cooking?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

this isnt a contradiction, it's the role of God in the Bible. the position on evil that people like the calvinists take is the internally consistent one because it says that when evil happens to you, god did it on purpose, and no he wont tell you the reason. if you did a bad thing, God designed you to do so. the good people are predetermined by god on purpose. it's not very fun and people don't like it but it's exactly what the bible says.

So, the big bitch is just loving with us all, at his leisure. We either choose to follow him or choose to deny him. Since he created us to do such, his will be done, he doesn't care.

Believe if you will, do not believe if ye shall wont.

I liked Micheal's verse on this. "I learned that sometimes God's decrees were actually tests."

He's a smart man. :) I miss our games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
remember when like right out of the gate god tells Abraham to sacrifice Isaac just to see if Abey's dumb beta brain would go do it

• Locked thread