Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blinkman987
Jul 10, 2008

Gender roles guilt me into being fat.
I'm trying to book an Antarctica cruise over Christmas vacation 2016 with some friends and I'm looking for some advice.

Right now, the only boat with published 2016 fares is this one, the Sea Spirit through Polar Cruises. Right now, they're offering a discount and their kayaking/camping fees are significantly lower than the typical cruise. Since they're the only one up and their fares are so aggressive, I'm a little suspicious with no basis for that suspicion. This is the tour: http://www.polarcruises.com/antarctica/ships/luxury-expedition-ships/sea-spirit-new-antarctica/classic-antarctica-13-day

Quark should publish their fares sometime in June/July according to people in the know. As far as I can read, Polar and Quark handle booking and the actual tours themselves. The boats are independently operated.

So, who's gone to Antarctica and which tour operator/boat did you use? Is there anything you can share about your experience or what you learned, observed while pricing out the trip?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheesemaster200
Feb 11, 2004

Guard of the Citadel
Haven't done a cruise, but if I did I would probably use these guys:
https://www.gadventures.com/

Similar cruise itineraries and cheaper prices. Used them on another trip in South America and I enjoyed the experience.

• Locked thread