Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

-get a magnet and tune it so it only attracts bear hair (get a scientist for this step)

-launch the magnet into orbit (get a scientist again, maybe even a different one)

-turn on the magnet, sucking all the bears up through the atmosphere (this will kill most of them)

-turn off the magnet, dropping the bears back down to earth (this should kill the rest)

holy poo poo thats frikken awesome but i dont think i could afford it plus that sounds like a lot of math and science

my resources:
1. bulldozer
2. 6 pack of miller lite (16oz cans)
3. some camping stuff

need:
bear protection suit
name for project
way to get 50-100 bears into a "killzone"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

dad gay. so what posted:

holy poo poo thats frikken awesome but i dont think i could afford it plus that sounds like a lot of math and science

my resources:
1. bulldozer
3. some camping stuff

need:
bear protection suit
name for project

sry didn't know you were on a budget i'll try to think of something else

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

dad gay. so what posted:

my resources:
1. bulldozer
3. some camping stuff

need:
bear protection suit
name for project

i think his plan could work, you just need to find some scientists who will work for a 6 pack, or use the bulldozer to get more 6 packs and pay more scientists

you already have a place for them to sleep it off (camping supplies)

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Project Bearmageddon 2015: The Bear Up There

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

satanic splash-back posted:

i think his plan could work, you just need to find some scientists who will work for a 6 pack, or use the bulldozer to get more 6 packs and pay more scientists

you already have a place for them to sleep it off (camping supplies)

hmm maybe, i dont know any scientists though, but from what i know about them they are not big on causing the mass extinction of an entire species, woops ive said too much

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i wonder if that scientist from half life is real? the test chamber guy?? hmmm :allears:

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Ugh, look at all these loving plebs with their stupid advice, ugh

The answer is get a bear a suit and find some female bear pheromones and pretend to be in heat (you have to sell it though, really slut it up in that bear suit). some risk involved, but definitely worth it as far as luring 50-100 bears. HTH

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

have you tried cragislist? you can find like anything on there, just put out an ad for a vaguely unethical scientist

actually that gives me a better idea, why don't you make a craigslist post telling every bear in the area to come to a particular clearing where there will be honey and salmon and picnic baskets? if cartoons taught me anything (and they did, they even taught me how to tie my shoes) then bears love picnic baskets and honey. i doubt bears could resist a no-cover party like that, and im sure everybody uses craigslist, even bears

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Have u tried to destroy their habitat?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Kuato posted:

Ugh, look at all these loving plebs with their stupid advice, ugh

The answer is get a bear a suit and find some female bear pheromones and pretend to be in heat (you have to sell it though, really slut it up in that bear suit). some risk involved, but definitely worth it as far as luring 50-100 bears. HTH

hmm maybe? thats a lot of frikken bears though. im not sure how familiar you are with the species but they are fairly solitary and male bears have territories that can be like 10-50 square miles. so lets say i get one to follow me every 10 miles (best case scenario) i would have to cover over 1000 square miles in a heavy bear suit in mountainous forested terrain and end up in the kill zone with all of them folloqwing me (not losing any along the way)

so as you can see that is probabaly not very realistic, thanks though

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

dad gay. so what posted:

hmm maybe? thats a lot of frikken bears though. im not sure how familiar you are with the species but they are fairly solitary and male bears have territories that can be like 10-50 square miles. so lets say i get one to follow me every 10 miles (best case scenario) i would have to cover over 1000 square miles in a heavy bear suit in mountainous forested terrain and end up in the kill zone with all of them folloqwing me (not losing any along the way)

Ugh, I just said there was some risk involved, and clearly a lot of legwork. At least try it before dismissing the idea, I might try it myself just to prove it'll work.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i think i will built some sort of maypole like device in the kill zone but instead of ribbons it will be heavy guage chain with large barbed hooks all over it and it will be mechanized with a 500hp vertical shaft electric motor to spin like a big weedwhacker. i will push the bears into this somehow if i can get them all there

added to needs list:
500hp vertical shaft motor

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

dad gay. so what posted:

if you can have a proof of concept on my desk by monday - scratch that- tuesday morning i will reconsider

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Kuato posted:

Ugh, I just said there was some risk involved, and clearly a lot of legwork. At least try it before dismissing the idea, I might try it myself just to prove it'll work.

woops meant to quote this (see abouve)

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
bears can be pretty violent, can we convince them to start a bear war like 300 bears vs 300 bears and then just pick up the dead bears afterwards?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

texaholic posted:

bears can be pretty violent, can we convince them to start a bear war like 300 bears vs 300 bears and then just pick up the dead bears afterwards?

you tell me? i agree about the violent part though, hence the need to kill them all

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
the spread of human habitation kills more bears than any of this bullshit

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

convince lowtax to create to a general bearshit fourm... collect dead bears as they waste their life posting on a internet forum.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

LegoPirateNinja posted:

the spread of human habitation kills more bears than any of this bullshit

not fast enough, imho

also, get out fag

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
did you ask the Uber driver thread guy because he must've had some sort of plan already in place

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
ok maybe im coming at this problem from the wrong angle, maybe the question should be:

what is the fastest way to kill as many bears as possible

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

did you ask the Uber driver thread guy because he must've had some sort of plan already in place

he didnt sound very organized, plus i think he might be retarded

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Bip Roberts posted:

Have u tried to destroy their habitat?

i missed this... there might be something here... it would involve some tradeoffs though it think, probably more cons than pros.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
maybe the maypole/chainflogger idea could work if it could operate at an undetectable decibel level. .... i could make the center pole about 50 yards high with a spiked top on it, and skewer a bunch of deer, elk, moose, whatever is walking around 50 yards high on it like a big bambi shishkabob... the bears would come in to try and get a corpse, and shhhzzzzttt! bye bye bear. as the lower corpses rotted the next ones would slide into place...

this would be slower and require some thinking about how to dampen the motor, but it could buried fairly deep in the ground. hmmm

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

i thought all you had was a bulldozer and some cans where are you now getting all this extra stuff

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Bears love to eat garbage, so just dump a ton of really stinky trash in the box canyon. They should come running and then u can kill all the bears!

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
deforestation

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

i thought all you had was a bulldozer and some cans where are you now getting all this extra stuff

this is theoretical. obv i dont have a 500hp vertical shaft electric motor, but i could probably get some heavy guage chain and large barbed hooks. just trying to think outside the box because no one is helping me!

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Yossarian posted:

Bears love to eat garbage, so just dump a ton of really stinky trash in the box canyon. They should come running and then u can kill all the bears!

holy gently caress. its beautiful. so simple i cant believe i didnt think of that. this could be it.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

dad gay. so what posted:

this is theoretical. obv i dont have a 500hp vertical shaft electric motor, but i could probably get some heavy guage chain and large barbed hooks. just trying to think outside the box because no one is helping me!

ok does it just have to be YOU doing the killing because if not I have another idea that might actually be cheaper

so what you do is find a bunch of ppl that live close to every zoo in the US and pick a certain day and everyone goes to the zoo and shoots the bears at the same coordinated time. Can coordinate this p easily with cell phones and since its the US ppl already have their own weapons. That's 50 bears easy I think. Most zoos probably have 8 (2 black, brown, grizz, polar) at least.

there's almost no cost to this except time spent on recruitment which shouldnt be that hard

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Dam a stream that salmon swim up to spawn that's popular with bears. Dam it enough to build up a nice reservoir but not enough to stop the salmon swimming up it. At the opportune moment burst the dam then smile quietly to yourself as the cleansing waters break upon your foes - washing them back into the oceans from whence they came.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

ok does it just have to be YOU doing the killing because if not I have another idea that might actually be cheaper

so what you do is find a bunch of ppl that live close to every zoo in the US and pick a certain day and everyone goes to the zoo and shoots the bears at the same coordinated time. Can coordinate this p easily with cell phones and since its the US ppl already have their own weapons. That's 50 bears easy I think. Most zoos probably have 8 (2 black, brown, grizz, polar) at least.

there's almost no cost to this except time spent on recruitment which shouldnt be that hard

this should happen regardless of which plan is selected, and no, obviously it doesnt have to be just me, i just need them all dead, and fast.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Dam a stream that salmon swim up to spawn that's popular with bears. Dam it enough to build up a nice reservoir but not enough to stop the salmon swimming up it. At the opportune moment burst the dam then smile quietly to yourself as the cleansing waters break upon your foes - washing them back into the oceans from whence they came.

10/10 for the flowery apocalyptic language, but no

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Hire some ex-navy seal/mercenary guys and have them sneak in to zoos across the globe at night and kill/harvest bears. This can be done very quickly if you have alot of money.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

texaholic posted:

Hire some ex-navy seal/mercenary guys and have them sneak in to zoos across the globe at night and kill/harvest bears. This can be done very quickly if you have alot of money.

cool thanks for stealing my idea and making it less sweet and tactical dick

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

in the shower after a hard bike ride

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

cool thanks for stealing my idea and making it less sweet and tactical dick

you wanted random dudes, I am using Navy Seals they don't even need guns just killing bears with their barehands.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

texaholic posted:

you wanted random dudes, I am using Navy Seals they don't even need guns just killing bears with their barehands.

navy seals are way harder to find AND more expensive we're trying to control costs

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

dad gay. so what posted:

10/10 for the flowery apocalyptic language, but no

Fine! Then just gently caress one at let your poison genes do the work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
with your bare hands

• Locked thread