Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

skander posted:

I don't think I've ever seen it in the store.

thats a drat good point too but i assume i must have, the primary brand of fluff in the US was started down the street from me

E: theres even a local holiday type thing remembering it ><

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Windows 98 posted:

walked down stairs to grab my lunch and saw my brother making these. thought it was appropriate

these are very good and the single thing ive ever used that stuff for, most fluff or whip cream or any of that kind of dessert is for rednecks with diabetes the fluff and peanut butter combo is the only use for it

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
I think you can make a not too bad cake icing with marshmallow fluff

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:
sour patch kids are the best movie candy so you should buy some and watch a movie

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
Wonka has had a decent stable of candy. I still get nerds maybe once a year hut they burn my tounge and I feel sick after eating a box. They bought up lick m ade and laffy taffy I think probably some other old stuff as well. I wish they still sold the regular sized everlasting gobstoppers when they were sold in a park of two for a dime not the little bite sized ones.

Bring back cherry clan who cares if they were racist I don't want cherry heads or whatever.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Nerds rope is legit.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Hobohemian posted:

That's like the worst type of gummy candy in the whole world.

:catstare:

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

My favorite gross gummy-like candy are those orange slices.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
gently caress those loving wax lips they hand out on Halloween WTF is a non-edible candy

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp

notZaar posted:

Back when I was a sugar eating Fat I would eat these, they're good:

Those are now flavored like sheep eyes and are hahal

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I can't believe people literally just eat marshmallow paste

Wtf is wrong with you?

Geek USSR
Mar 24, 2011
Micks love candy

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Moridin920 posted:

I can't believe people literally just eat marshmallow paste

Wtf is wrong with you?

Some people are poor, or maybe it's just late and one is hungry, and htere's some mallow paste and nothing else. What do you do? Maybe you're tanked beyond belief but smart enough not to drive. So you eat the paste. Of course.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

notZaar posted:

Back when I was a sugar eating Fat I would eat these, they're good:

not actually swedish or even american, made in canada? wheres the lawsuit sweden

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
By 2020, 52% of all US adults will have diabetes or prediabetes

Health spending associated with diabetes and prediabetes will rise to $500 billion annually

Over the next decade, the US may spend $3.4 trillion on diabetes-related care

http://www.diabetesadvocacyalliance.org/pdf/UNH_WorkingPaper5.pdf

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Good point, I should start investing in companies that provide medical products and services to people with diabetes .

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

why do you guys put candy in your cereal and then give it to children?

And also a PBJ sandwich isn't a balanced lunch, that thing is a dessert.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
American Candy? That's my favorite Tori Amos song

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Fonzarelli posted:

And also a PBJ sandwich isn't a balanced lunch, that thing is a dessert.

If you only realized how much sugar we put in _everything_, the sugary cereal makes more sense.

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

Hobohemian posted:

Good point, I should start investing in companies that provide medical products and services to people with diabetes .

There's a whole lot of follow-on industries that are also good choices if you're looking for a diverse portfolio. Like health insurance, not for the obese themselves but for the medical community. Wrecked backs, crushed hands, shattered legs, and all the other injuries you get from trying to lift hambeasts. Being a nurse is more dangerous than crossfit. All the nurses who deal with obese patients are going to be paying massive premiums if they want to be covered.

Also, pretty sure all the military research into hydraulic powered exosuits is going to be bought by a medical supplies company. They'll make billions selling those things to hospitals, far more than even Defense will pay for them.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Strawberry Charleston chew is amazing frozen. Also cow tails are awesome too. Or store brand cherry sours.

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011

Fonzarelli posted:

yeah gently caress, when I had that special K red berries cereal in america it felt like I was eating nothing but sugar every bite, was gross.

Robbie Fowler fucked around with this message at 06:37 on May 21, 2015

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Sour candy is the best candy stuff

I don't really like sweet stuff I think cause when I was little I ate too much and had cavities so my brain taught itself to associate sugar with bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I went to australia and had violet crumble and it was pretty good, that's my candy story

• Locked thread