Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

I hate Suits. All of them.
Entry 01: After that near-catastrophe with the interns and the morphogenic engine, I have determined that I must record my memories in an external source. Thus, you have been chosen, notebook. Serve me well.

Entry 02: Despite having much to share, I cannot seem to find a point to start. This mortal limitation in regards to time is vexing. Will attempt again after Dr. Walgle's 'coffee'.

Entry 03: Coffee was a trap. Forced to listen to Walgle's stories about children. I refuse this to be my last entry, notebook.

*two pages that appeared to be squiggles on wrinkled, aged paper that smells like coffee*

Entry 07: There was once a time that I would have smote a mortal such as Walgle for trying to assassinate me with her insidious coffee. A great din and howl would have summoned a swarm of carrion feeders to carve our her heart in less time than it took her to brew the horrible 'drink'. It would've been just one more offering in exchange for the relative tranquility that I doubt any of the other researchers would have objected to. And yet, here I sit, notebook, writing in you even as we both dry from that clod's failed attempt to kill us. Still, look at her scurry about, acting as though the world is ending simply because I am wet. What a foolish mortal.

Entry 08: DISGUSTING WOMAN DOES SHE THINK I WOULD SIMPLY EAT A MORTAL SUCH AS HER WHAT HUBRIS-*the rest of the paper seemed torn out*

Entry 15: It has been brought to my attention that I have only written about that clod Walgle, notebook. I refuse to have my memories consist of that vapid mortal.

Entry 16: I musn't forget the purpose of this notebook. This mortal whimsy is...intoxicating. It is so easy to lose track of time when it has such vital importance to a mortal frame. I must remain careful. The name I have taken for the ease of the Folkvangr is not my true identity; merely the shell that I squeezed into in order to operate directly in these mortal worlds. Such strange, sentimental meats these humans have when they are bound to them. It remains distinct from the sensation of offerings, and yet the finer motor control in this frame alone is such an intricate operation. It makes the offerings I received in the past all the sweeter and I feel them swell and surge with an importance I did not grasp before. Such fascinating things, these 'emotions'.

*Several more pages that appear stained brown and smelling of coffee*

Entry 24: WRETCHED WOMAN HOW MANY TIMES MUST SHE ATTEMPT AT MY LIFE WITH HER FOUL BEVERAGE?

Entry 25: This notebook's physical form is in too much danger to rely on it alone in the storage of my memories. I will make use of the Folkvangr's resources to make you more adaptive, notebook.

Entry 26: Have found my way.

Entry 27: This is not a farewell, notebook. Much as my own self, your essence is not lost, but being transferred to a fleshy, mortal frame. In this way, you will be kept safe from not only the forces we will doubtlessly face, but also that daft Walgle's accursed coffee. Embrace your new form, notebook, and join me amongst the living!

As the sun rises, a rabbit yawns and awakens from its nap.

Given Name: Teyol
Assumed Surname: Locuani
Assumed Age: 30's
Assumed Profession: Anatomy Professor and Folkvangr Assembler
Real Form: the rabbit

Though his mortal servant goes by the name of Teyol Locuani, a simple enough name taken from the tribes, Teyol is little more than his name suggests. Teyollocuani, "one who devours hearts," a soul eater. Suffice to say, Teyol has gone through plenty of names being called when he was offered delicious sacrifices. For the longest, most pleasant time, he dwelled in the middle world and ate away at the plethora of snacks offered by the humans in the name of their gods or whatever rituals they entertained.

Of course, like most things, that eventually came to an end as the humans who liked to give offerings were picked off and slaughtered by those who disagreed with them. Teyol stayed just long enough in the middle world to feast on the despairing and vengeful as they died, but as the peak of 'civilization' began to take over most of the world, he swept himself away from the middle world and opted to visit another.

Unfortunately, approximately 500 years in Jotunheim did little to satisfy the unfeeling hunger that Teyollocuani consists of. Sure, the frost giants—not at all giant, too, unless compared to half-formed humans from the middle world. Completely unsatisfying name—could die fairly similar to the humans, but their taste was all wrong. It was like having had all of his offerings succulent and soft and then having to deal with rocks instead.

So rather than get used to eating rocks, Teyollocuani adapted his form into one similar to the frost giants and asserted his new, pseudo-mortal self as a new monster in Jotunheim. 500 relatively boring, constantly hungry years passed with the Jotun largely leaving him be aside from an example needing to be made every few decades, until the arrival of...something. It had screamed its name over and over again like some horrible parrot—before leaving the middle world, Teyollocuani had been fond of the parrots. Probaby because of the colors—but in honestly, after two hours, he hadn't cared.

Instead, Teyol just fled Jotunheim again and opted to see how the middle world had changed in the 500 year absence. The existence of the Folkvangr seemed interesting enough, though in honesty, Teyol had a feeling that sticking with them would be the most direct way to get some more offerings. The conflict and struggle of the humans and their patrons against the forces rising was just too good an opportunity to lose.

So Teyol took a mortal form he assumed would seem inoffensive and lacking in power and offered the Folkvangr all the information he had on Jotunheim and a few other realms in exchange for being inducted to the organization. With the Folkvangr working to check on his information, Teyol decided to take up lecturing in order to seem more useful to his benefactors, but mostly in order to bask in the glow of anatomy students performing autopsies on retrieved corpses to better understand their enemies.

After a certain idiot nearly killed him and his notebook, Teyol used the Folkvangr's resources and his own powers to create a more defensible form for his memories; the nigh-human construct Teyol lazily named Locuani.

pre:
Resistances - 7D
  • Composure: 2D
  • Fortitude: 5D
  • Will: 2D
  • Reaction: 2D
Aptitudes - 3D
  • Occult - 3D
Powers
  • Vampirism (Fortitude+Composure) 3D+(Boost:Composure)1D - 4D
  • Regeneration 3D
  • Mental Paralysis 2D
Advantages/Disadvantages
  • Locuani - Companion 1D (10D)
Competency Pool

Velyoukai fucked around with this message at 04:43 on May 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

TurninTrix posted:

Teyol (Velyoukai)
Living that long a life, you've probably had your fair share of conflict and enemies. What is the one demon from your past that's finally catching up to you?
Nasty things, demons. They've no taste, you see, and not just in a sense of dramatics or reading the mood. The literally damned things simply taste terrible, like ashes in what I suppose now would be one's mouth. They don't have anything to offer, see, that would actually be theirs to offer. Soulless wretches that just barely don't count as undead, but still don't count as part of the living. Even worse, their spoiled existences weren't tied to anything that I could devour in the slightest. I still don't get how, largely because even now I don't care how those disgusting little things work, but even those demons who were offered to me seem to just...be reborn after a long enough while.

Belial was one of the worst in that regard. Nasty bugger, the type of demon what didn't even bother with hubris and overwhelming arrogance like the rest of his kin. All that scum, Belial, seemed to take value in was destruction, destruction, destruction! For a while, I even made good use of him; a destructive demon like Belial isn't in the business of saving lives compared to tearing the life from them. So maybe I piggybacked the oaf and took my time swallowing all the various lives he cut down.

At least, I did until that wretched flying worm turned on me and threatened to burn me in everlasting flames for 'being a parasite'. What a stupid, stupid demon. Stupid Belial. Even worse that I was chased off from the moral realm until the damned demon was cut down by one of the Archangels. Even so, I have to tread carefully in the presence of even the lesser, insignificant demons, unless one of them has enough brains to report my existence and weaknesses to Belial. Even if an Archangel broke the wretch's back, I wouldn't doubt that demon's ability to come back at the worst possible time.

TurninTrix posted:

Everyone
If you had the power to alter the Nine Realms in a cosmic level, what's the first thing you would do?

Easy. I'd devour all the immortality in the Nine Realms. Stupid, senseless thing, being unable to die. All things must die for new things to come into play, but those gods and their pets seem to think themselves outside the cycle of Life and Death. Once I have enough power devoured, I'll gladly show those immortal blowhards just how far outclassed they are without their precious immortality.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

Winson_Paine posted:

You come over if you think you're hard enough, boyo.

You could taunt a million times more and it still wouldn't be worth wading through the endless pictures of cats and the bird noises.

• Locked thread