Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013
:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
They had some good songs

I liked glycerine that one was good

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
that was smash mouth

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
poo poo

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGDzsds4Ll0

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

homer simpson, smiling politely

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
they weren't very good and now billy corgon is writing for wrestling because he's a megatard

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
So yeah I saw the Pumpkins at this small club in Portland ME then had sex with my hot girlfriend then went to work at the ridiculous hour of 5 AM on a Saturday morning and who should pull in to the parking lot in a sweet customized van from Illinois? Oh gosh, it's the Smashing Pumpkins!

No one else knew who they were, but I did. I cooked them all breakfast, and then they went on to become worldwide celebrities. Thanks to my breakfast, I think.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
I bought Siamese Dream on the iTunes Music Store (TM) last night and I'm pretty satisfied with my purchase

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
When they got big I couldn't get over how stupid his voice was. In a couple years it grew on me and I ended up loving them. Thank you for allowing me to share my story

Black Numenorean
Nov 23, 2008
the smashing pumpkins are OK

billy corgan worst thing about them tho, for real

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

redshirt posted:

So yeah I saw the Pumpkins at this small club in Portland ME then had sex with my hot girlfriend then went to work at the ridiculous hour of 5 AM on a Saturday morning and who should pull in to the parking lot in a sweet customized van from Illinois? Oh gosh, it's the Smashing Pumpkins!

No one else knew who they were, but I did. I cooked them all breakfast, and then they went on to become worldwide celebrities. Thanks to my breakfast, I think.

How's life after 40 my man

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

Zombies' Downfall posted:

How's life after 40 my man

I'm rich.

Otherwise it's been fairly boring.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.
I posted in the Mr. Bungle, Primus, and Fugazi threads so I thought I should post here as well. I think the Smashing Pumpkins are pretty...smashing. To me their earlier stuff sounds like if aliens from outer space came to our earth and heard a couple minutes of COOL ROCK MUSIC and then tried their best to reproduce it. Melon Collie is two hours of pure cheese but it's impossible not to love it.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Nefarious posted:

they weren't very good and now billy corgon is writing for wrestling because he's a megatard

http://youtu.be/ryYcyt8FPlg

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Homer Simpson, smiling politely

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Life has not been kind to D'arcy

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
Mellon Collie/Infinite Sadness holds a special place in my CD collection..
.. on top of the drat shelf next to the rack, since the double-height CD case doesn't fit into any of the slots.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
yeah i really like the smashing pumpkins a lot

it's too bad about billy

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz