Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
City of Glompton

had the "run and jump to fly" dream last night, I imagine that's what being a mario bros feels like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thewireguy
A ghost sun that radiates cold and bad dreams. poo poo now I gotta go back.

Al Borland

by XyloJW
In my dreams I levitate and float a lot. Usually I move around just by floating above the surface its pretty cool. If you've ever played a video game or something where you have a hero who floats and hovers its a lot like that.

Also when I wake up I always whump into my mattress like Im falling out of the air.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Admiral_eX_laX

Historically Inaccurate
I've had to switch my crazy medication a few weeks ago and ever since then I've had these wicked nightmares.

In one dream I was being pursued by the ghosts of dead confederate soldiers. And I've had 2 dreams where everyone I love loving hates me.

Chamomile tea has helped shut out the nightmares

thewireguy
I was at a desert beach kinda thing, with people lying on towels and whatever. There were puddles everywhere. You could jump in the pools and swim around underground, and breathe down there.

Al Borland

by XyloJW
I had a dream that last night I was some renegade extreme skateboard / bike guy. I would go out super late at night like 4am and just pedal as fast and crazy as I could down hills and avoid the cops by doing sweet tricks and offroad biking / skateboarding.

I was like some kind of banksy but with bikes and skateboards it was sweet. I had cops chasing me in squad cars as I skateboarded down a street then jumped off the street onto a rail up some stairs to a waiting mountain bike that I went off into the forest with so they couldn't catch me.

It was pretty rad. I also dreamt that there was some horrid world disaster where monsters were attacking what was left of society and only a few people with special powers could stand up against them. So we were rebuilding society little by little and recruiting more of these people to have a greater presence of area.

One part we found some ancient US currency and in order to appease ghosts in an area had to throw the money all over the river and make it rain so the ghosts could have their money back.

----------------

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
i dreamt my landlord left a copy of the lease and a loaf of sourdough bread in my mail box (bread box? ?)

----------------

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

Admiral_eX_laX posted:

I've had to switch my crazy medication a few weeks ago and ever since then I've had these wicked nightmares.

In one dream I was being pursued by the ghosts of dead confederate soldiers. And I've had 2 dreams where everyone I love loving hates me.

have you tried, instead, to embrace the nightmares? integrate them into your being? live every day as if it was a nightmare and you'll always have pleasant dreams

----------------

ron color

Qwerinty posted:

i dreamt my landlord left a copy of the lease and a loaf of sourdough bread in my mail box (bread box? ?)

social vegan

my dad is just out relaxing soaking up the rays enjoying the day and everyttime i say something to him he just turns his head and says hey son look, i'm 2 chainz and he points to the ends of the hammock he's sitting in where a chain is wrapped around each tree

Gomi Day

Trust me, Bill. Large spectacles lend distinction to any countenance, as I have reason to know.

ChairmanMeow posted:

also I dream a lot I'm driving but I got in the back seat for some reason and now I can't stear or reach the peddles. uh oh!

i have this, constantly.

the odd time, the car or motorcycle is all to a whacked out scale and it's not possible to drive or get in (despite that i already did get in)

never quite understood what that was all about.

ChairmanMeow

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
I hate driving and am kinda scared of it. Also maybe a control thing.
It's a standard though. I can never reach the wheel.

dogdisaster

by Lowtax
all dreams are work related, last night during hot air ballon ride I was trying to find a fax machine to send over some documents to the office.

----------------

thewireguy
I had some really boring ones. At work making signs. Then trying to pick out a suit for an interview. There was one as a kid that I remember being on a cruise with arsenio hall. One nightmare that woke me up, goblin/demon things were coming out of the drain. I was fighting them off with a sword, but they overwhelmed me. I snapped awake and went outside to smoke a cigarette and sketch my mental pictures to get that poo poo out of my head. I haven't kept one in years, but dream journals work too.

thewireguy
Wading around in a flood and bumping into a big ball of writhing snakes, then getting bitten a lot.

thewireguy
Oh god, why won't they stop, or not startle me awake? I need alcohol right now... My sister was on trial for having an abortion. She was testifying and broke down, ran away. I ran after her and tackled her because this Kafkaesque state would kill her because of that. When I had stopped her, she had miscarried some kind of monster. Again.

Does anyone take sleeping plls? Would that help?

BeanBandit

Beanbandit?
Son of a bitch!
Whenever I'm sick, I have this recurring nightmare that I'm moving in slow motion and I'm like in this dusty room and my jaw is wired shut. I just keep walking around the room in slow motion. It's really unsettling for some reason. :(

thewireguy
An ex of mine would have a reoccurring one about endless hallways in an old house and something always a corner back stalking her. I recommended the book house of leaves. That did not help.

cat_herder

BE GAY
DO CRIME

Admiral_eX_laX posted:

I really recommend, if you haven't already, talk to your doctor about switching off of it. I had this problem with Tegretol, it was unbearable (even with my usual high-dose anti-nightmare medication).

thewireguy posted:

Oh god, why won't they stop, or not startle me awake? I need alcohol right now... My sister was on trial for having an abortion. She was testifying and broke down, ran away. I ran after her and tackled her because this Kafkaesque state would kill her because of that. When I had stopped her, she had miscarried some kind of monster. Again.

Does anyone take sleeping plls? Would that help?

talk to a doctor pronto. they may be able to help. I take prazosin for my nightmares, and it's really effective, it might help you too, or there might be something else they can give you.

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
i have worked very closely with my doctor to get the proper balance of medications that will give me terrible, gut wrenching nightmares that haunt me for days afterwards, that is, what little sleep i do get these days ha ha

----------------

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
i have a clawfoot tub in reality, in the dream I bought a fake one, one that was strong and rigid but very light. i didn't like having two tubs, so I took the fake one and threw it around to scare people until they gave me $200

----------------

Izumi Konata

by Ralp

Cyberbird posted:

i have a recurring dream where i'm lost in an old shopping mall with no one else around. it's still open and the lights are on and stuff but there just aren't any people. i never look at the store signs or go inside any of them, i just wander around and it's made up of parts of different malls i've been in/seen pictures of, and sometimes i'll wander through parking garages and areas under construction and sometimes there are extended interconnected bathrooms. sometimes there's this dim arcade that's in like a circle around some sort of central area but i can never see what's in there.

i also had the recurring dream about the series of interconnected restrooms. once, i escaped by flushing my head down a toilet.

----------------

Ayatollah Hermione

by Cyrano4747
I had one where i tore my dick off an threw it at a wall and it stuck there. then i grew a new dick and did it again until i had like 50 hard dicks all stuck to the side of like a cliff and then i climbed the dickladder to the precipice. There wasn't anything up there so i was pretty disappointed.

----------------

ChairmanMeow

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
I woke up saying cocks this morning, I was dreaming about the dick swastika in the bad tattoo thread. In my dream the lady was like I just want everything to be made out of cocks!

FreshCutFries

ChairmanMeow posted:

I woke up saying cocks this morning, I was dreaming about the dick swastika in the bad tattoo thread. In my dream the lady was like I just want everything to be made out of cocks!

my old roommate once had a sex dream about Hitler, and I want to thank you for reminding me of that weird fact about her.

GEExCEE

Batman killed this guy I just thought of

GEExCEE

Had this weird dream where my gf had to pour blue fluid on a tampon 1x/month

fuck. marry. t-rex

Qwerinty posted:

i have a clawfoot tub in reality, in the dream I bought a fake one, one that was strong and rigid but very light. i didn't like having two tubs, so I took the fake one and threw it around to scare people until they gave me $200

cat_herder

BE GAY
DO CRIME

Izumi Konata posted:

i also had the recurring dream about the series of interconnected restrooms. once, i escaped by flushing my head down a toilet.

I dream about interconnected bedrooms, every bedroom is completely furnished and totally different, and I just wander through them trying to find my way out. Occasionally I go to sleep and then wake up and keep wandering around.

I've also had a few dreams about this huge old house full of old things and old people, like beautiful crocheted lace tablecloths and antique tables and my grandma and great-aunt for some reason, except I keep finding new rooms everywhere I turn. One of these days I'll start mapping it. It's seriously some Fatal Frame 3 poo poo.

fema crisis actor

bweee-ooo-eee-ooo-eee-ooo

Qwerinty posted:

ty bacalou!

Madeleymade
I once dreamt a series of films and videogames.
There was actually a film I dreamt called the House of Mountjoy. It was a lost kind of 1970s Robert Fuest-directed AIP movie from the 1970s with Vincent Price. A very similar plot to Antony Hickox' waxwork, but set in 1970s Britain and with Price in the David Warner part. Here is the cast
Vincent Price is Erskine MountJoy. master showman of the Grand Guignol/Blackbeard/The Mummy
Peter Cushing is Inspector Bray, Scotland Yard man.
Freddie Jones is PC Towne, Bray's sidekick.
Madeline Smith is Margrita, MountJoy's daughter.
Denholm Elliot is Dr Brown.
Beryl Reid is Mrs. Hayes the housekeeper
Gordon Jackson is Doubleday the archaeologist/CID man.
Roy Kinnear is Winston the builder.
Dennis Waterman is Pirate Boy/Pete
Julian Glover is Sir Charles Alderby
John Cater is Igor, MountJoy's hunchbacked servant.
Geoffrey Bayldon is the Hermit/tailor.
Milton Reid is Indian Pirate
Caroline Munro is Pirate Whore
Nadim Sawalha is Doubleday's guide
David Warner is The Monster
with Special Guest Appearance by
Christopher Lee as the Vampyre/Howes
Ralph Richardson as Sorcerer
Barbara Windsor, Lynda Baron as Prostitutes

In modern London, Erskine MountJoy runs the famous 'House of Horrors' wax museum and stage show. When Winston, the representative of a construction company arrives to take it away, by his boss Howes, MountJoy decides to steal an ancient spellbook from the British Museum, and its curator Dr. Brown, he reopens his museum for a number of guests, determined to trap them to show how powerful he really is by a number of classic horror-themed deaths in a number of themed mini-time portals.
First off is Winston who ends up sealed in a coffin and filled with a watery substance to turn his skin green, turning him from 'Dr. Jekyll to Mr. Hyde', However, Inspector Bray of Scotland Yard and his sidekick Towne are on the search for Mountjoy. Dr. Brown, meanwhile ends up transported to Ancient Egypt, wrapped up in bandages. In the 1920s, he is rediscovered and rescued by Egyptologist Professor Doubleday and his guide, but even after explaining who is, the guide is warned of danger by 'a god' (MountJoy) and is shot dead, his body dragged out of the mini-universe by MountJoy.
However, as MountJoy plans his next death, his daughter Margrita returns from college with Pete, her annoying boyfriend, who MountJoy recognises as an escapee from one of his other universes, the 1770s Pirate Era. However, as MountJoy plots to rid the boy by allowing him to 'walk the plank', disguised as Blackbeard, one of the questioning Royal Naval officers, Alderby, admired by a whore in his office is contacted by phone by PC Towne. It turns out that several Scotland Yard men have been sent into the museum, but he is killed by Blackbeard/MountJoy with a rapier.
Pete a junior policeman escapes, travelling to 1920s London to meet Doubleday/CID man where Doubleday's housekeeper, Mrs. Hayes has found a wolf on the foggy street. It has been placed there by MountJoy. It bites Pete, and as he turns into a werewolf, is killed by Doubleday, but Doubleday flees into a theatre, and killed by a fallin chandelier by MountJoy dressed as the Phantom of the Opera. Towne manages to track down Doubleday's body and brings it to Inspector Bray, who interrogates the shocked Margrita, and decides to travel into a gothic Europe created by MountJoy housing Frankenstein's castle. He has to take on the role of the Doctor to prevent Towne from being killed, but Towne is wrapped up in bandages and killed by a falling plough, the blades cutting into his stomach, causing much bloodiness, but once the bandages are moved, it turns out Towne is now an Invisible Man! After a battle with the hunchbacked servant, Igor, he finds the monster, being looked after by a crazed hermit, the Monster is ordered to kill Bray, but finds nobility in 'his creator', causing a fit of jealousy for MountJoy. As the Monster flees the portal, he becomes what he actually is, a wax model. A Dracula-like vampire is ordered by the organ-playing increasingly Phibesian MountJoy, but Bray carves a wooden stake. He escapes he castle and returns to the Museum, where he finds the bodies of Alderby, Pete, Doubleday, Winston and Brown, the non-wax model victims and performers in his universes. It turns out that Bray is under the guidance of a great sorcerer determined to win back his spellbook. As the wax models of the likes of Mrs. Hayes, the Monster and the Indian Pirate and the Whore become zombies, and the musuem drips blood, Bray rescues Margrita, and reclaims the spellbook, causing Mountjoy in anger and out of control to rip out a page of the book in order to create his own portal to real Victorian London. We see him lure two prostitutes away, and he asks what year it is. "1888," they reply, to which he laughs, even though he knows he is trapped forever by the book, as it is a trap. He is Jack the Rpper.

There was one. A third Dr. Who and the Daleks film with Peter Cushing, except with the bizarre twist of having a kind of weird IMAX. You could walk into the telly and find yourself in a bed and breakfast in WARRINGTON (!?!) terrorised by Daleks.

An Asylum knockoff of Planet of the Apes called Battle of the Red Planet, with Martian apes attacking a space colony, kind of like the Martian Chronicles but with bad ape masks.

I did dream a videogame called "Morris Van Simulator", where you drove a Morris J type van from the 50s around England. It was like an Ealing comedy Grand Theft Auto.

And another videogame - Gorillaz Safari, a cel-shaded XBOX game where Damon Albarn's animated band are in a zebra-pattern painted Land Rover across the Savannah, taking photos of animals.

joke_explainer

done with work... played some video games/watched a little TV/read a good book, cooked dinner... yawn, tired. it's late. time to lay down and probably have intermittent vivid hallucinations that sometimes I cannot distinguish from real life for 5-6 hours <- everyone in the world, apparently. this is just normal.

cat_herder

BE GAY
DO CRIME

Madeleymade posted:

I once dreamt a series of films and videogames.
There was actually a film I dreamt called the House of Mountjoy. It was a lost kind of 1970s Robert Fuest-directed AIP movie from the 1970s with Vincent Price. A very similar plot to Antony Hickox' waxwork, but set in 1970s Britain and with Price in the David Warner part. Here is the cast
Vincent Price is Erskine MountJoy. master showman of the Grand Guignol/Blackbeard/The Mummy
Peter Cushing is Inspector Bray, Scotland Yard man.
Freddie Jones is PC Towne, Bray's sidekick.
Madeline Smith is Margrita, MountJoy's daughter.
Denholm Elliot is Dr Brown.
Beryl Reid is Mrs. Hayes the housekeeper
Gordon Jackson is Doubleday the archaeologist/CID man.
Roy Kinnear is Winston the builder.
Dennis Waterman is Pirate Boy/Pete
Julian Glover is Sir Charles Alderby
John Cater is Igor, MountJoy's hunchbacked servant.
Geoffrey Bayldon is the Hermit/tailor.
Milton Reid is Indian Pirate
Caroline Munro is Pirate Whore
Nadim Sawalha is Doubleday's guide
David Warner is The Monster
with Special Guest Appearance by
Christopher Lee as the Vampyre/Howes
Ralph Richardson as Sorcerer
Barbara Windsor, Lynda Baron as Prostitutes

In modern London, Erskine MountJoy runs the famous 'House of Horrors' wax museum and stage show. When Winston, the representative of a construction company arrives to take it away, by his boss Howes, MountJoy decides to steal an ancient spellbook from the British Museum, and its curator Dr. Brown, he reopens his museum for a number of guests, determined to trap them to show how powerful he really is by a number of classic horror-themed deaths in a number of themed mini-time portals.
First off is Winston who ends up sealed in a coffin and filled with a watery substance to turn his skin green, turning him from 'Dr. Jekyll to Mr. Hyde', However, Inspector Bray of Scotland Yard and his sidekick Towne are on the search for Mountjoy. Dr. Brown, meanwhile ends up transported to Ancient Egypt, wrapped up in bandages. In the 1920s, he is rediscovered and rescued by Egyptologist Professor Doubleday and his guide, but even after explaining who is, the guide is warned of danger by 'a god' (MountJoy) and is shot dead, his body dragged out of the mini-universe by MountJoy.
However, as MountJoy plans his next death, his daughter Margrita returns from college with Pete, her annoying boyfriend, who MountJoy recognises as an escapee from one of his other universes, the 1770s Pirate Era. However, as MountJoy plots to rid the boy by allowing him to 'walk the plank', disguised as Blackbeard, one of the questioning Royal Naval officers, Alderby, admired by a whore in his office is contacted by phone by PC Towne. It turns out that several Scotland Yard men have been sent into the museum, but he is killed by Blackbeard/MountJoy with a rapier.
Pete a junior policeman escapes, travelling to 1920s London to meet Doubleday/CID man where Doubleday's housekeeper, Mrs. Hayes has found a wolf on the foggy street. It has been placed there by MountJoy. It bites Pete, and as he turns into a werewolf, is killed by Doubleday, but Doubleday flees into a theatre, and killed by a fallin chandelier by MountJoy dressed as the Phantom of the Opera. Towne manages to track down Doubleday's body and brings it to Inspector Bray, who interrogates the shocked Margrita, and decides to travel into a gothic Europe created by MountJoy housing Frankenstein's castle. He has to take on the role of the Doctor to prevent Towne from being killed, but Towne is wrapped up in bandages and killed by a falling plough, the blades cutting into his stomach, causing much bloodiness, but once the bandages are moved, it turns out Towne is now an Invisible Man! After a battle with the hunchbacked servant, Igor, he finds the monster, being looked after by a crazed hermit, the Monster is ordered to kill Bray, but finds nobility in 'his creator', causing a fit of jealousy for MountJoy. As the Monster flees the portal, he becomes what he actually is, a wax model. A Dracula-like vampire is ordered by the organ-playing increasingly Phibesian MountJoy, but Bray carves a wooden stake. He escapes he castle and returns to the Museum, where he finds the bodies of Alderby, Pete, Doubleday, Winston and Brown, the non-wax model victims and performers in his universes. It turns out that Bray is under the guidance of a great sorcerer determined to win back his spellbook. As the wax models of the likes of Mrs. Hayes, the Monster and the Indian Pirate and the Whore become zombies, and the musuem drips blood, Bray rescues Margrita, and reclaims the spellbook, causing Mountjoy in anger and out of control to rip out a page of the book in order to create his own portal to real Victorian London. We see him lure two prostitutes away, and he asks what year it is. "1888," they reply, to which he laughs, even though he knows he is trapped forever by the book, as it is a trap. He is Jack the Rpper.

There was one. A third Dr. Who and the Daleks film with Peter Cushing, except with the bizarre twist of having a kind of weird IMAX. You could walk into the telly and find yourself in a bed and breakfast in WARRINGTON (!?!) terrorised by Daleks.

An Asylum knockoff of Planet of the Apes called Battle of the Red Planet, with Martian apes attacking a space colony, kind of like the Martian Chronicles but with bad ape masks.

I did dream a videogame called "Morris Van Simulator", where you drove a Morris J type van from the 50s around England. It was like an Ealing comedy Grand Theft Auto.

And another videogame - Gorillaz Safari, a cel-shaded XBOX game where Damon Albarn's animated band are in a zebra-pattern painted Land Rover across the Savannah, taking photos of animals.

holy poo poo that first dream :aaaaa:

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives
The other night I dreamt I was trying to solve a murder mystery and that involved infiltrating a wedding by posing as a cellist

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
I had a wallet that was unnaturally full of money, while still being slim. every time I paid for something, the clerk or a friend I was with, would laugh and say I'm knuckle deep into the wallet and it really pissed me off, so I opened it up and pulled it over a clerk until it swallowed them completely

----------------

Hiveminded
I dreamt my mom was a space fascist, conquering planets and eventually being assassinated by pissy aliens from the future :(

Hiveminded

Hiveminded posted:

I dreamt my mom was a space fascist, conquering planets and eventually being assassinated by pissy aliens from the future :(

She deserved it

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

Hiveminded posted:

Hiveminded posted:

She deserved it

----------------

Hiveminded
It was not my biological mother, but rather a random person that was the mother of my dream actor.

(I do not hate/dislike any moms, including my own)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disco_Bandit
I had a dream I dated a black woman

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread