Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thewireguy

nonazis posted:

I guess its better than getting sleep paralysis and having your eyes open. I hear some scary poo poo happens when you can see.

That is scary poo poo. My friends brother would sleep with his eyes open and have night terrors. He had some gel eye drops. Last month I had a sword fighting dream and signed up for a fencing class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thewireguy
There was one where I was on a beach with puddles everywhere... People on beach towels chatting. But people came out of the puddles, and you could jump in and swim around and still breathe.

thewireguy
A ghost sun that radiates cold and bad dreams. poo poo now I gotta go back.

thewireguy
I was at a desert beach kinda thing, with people lying on towels and whatever. There were puddles everywhere. You could jump in the pools and swim around underground, and breathe down there.

thewireguy
I had some really boring ones. At work making signs. Then trying to pick out a suit for an interview. There was one as a kid that I remember being on a cruise with arsenio hall. One nightmare that woke me up, goblin/demon things were coming out of the drain. I was fighting them off with a sword, but they overwhelmed me. I snapped awake and went outside to smoke a cigarette and sketch my mental pictures to get that poo poo out of my head. I haven't kept one in years, but dream journals work too.

thewireguy
Wading around in a flood and bumping into a big ball of writhing snakes, then getting bitten a lot.

thewireguy
Oh god, why won't they stop, or not startle me awake? I need alcohol right now... My sister was on trial for having an abortion. She was testifying and broke down, ran away. I ran after her and tackled her because this Kafkaesque state would kill her because of that. When I had stopped her, she had miscarried some kind of monster. Again.

Does anyone take sleeping plls? Would that help?

thewireguy
An ex of mine would have a reoccurring one about endless hallways in an old house and something always a corner back stalking her. I recommended the book house of leaves. That did not help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thewireguy

Madeleymade posted:

I once dreamt a series of films and videogames.
There was actually a film I dreamt called the House of Mountjoy. It was a lost kind of 1970s Robert Fuest-directed AIP movie from the 1970s with Vincent Price. A very similar plot to Antony Hickox' waxwork, but set in 1970s Britain and with Price in the David Warner part. Here is the cast
Vincent Price is Erskine MountJoy. master showman of the Grand Guignol/Blackbeard/The Mummy
Peter Cushing is Inspector Bray, Scotland Yard man.
Freddie Jones is PC Towne, Bray's sidekick.
Madeline Smith is Margrita, MountJoy's daughter.
Denholm Elliot is Dr Brown.
Beryl Reid is Mrs. Hayes the housekeeper
Gordon Jackson is Doubleday the archaeologist/CID man.
Roy Kinnear is Winston the builder.
Dennis Waterman is Pirate Boy/Pete
Julian Glover is Sir Charles Alderby
John Cater is Igor, MountJoy's hunchbacked servant.
Geoffrey Bayldon is the Hermit/tailor.
Milton Reid is Indian Pirate
Caroline Munro is Pirate Whore
Nadim Sawalha is Doubleday's guide
David Warner is The Monster
with Special Guest Appearance by
Christopher Lee as the Vampyre/Howes
Ralph Richardson as Sorcerer
Barbara Windsor, Lynda Baron as Prostitutes

In modern London, Erskine MountJoy runs the famous 'House of Horrors' wax museum and stage show. When Winston, the representative of a construction company arrives to take it away, by his boss Howes, MountJoy decides to steal an ancient spellbook from the British Museum, and its curator Dr. Brown, he reopens his museum for a number of guests, determined to trap them to show how powerful he really is by a number of classic horror-themed deaths in a number of themed mini-time portals.
First off is Winston who ends up sealed in a coffin and filled with a watery substance to turn his skin green, turning him from 'Dr. Jekyll to Mr. Hyde', However, Inspector Bray of Scotland Yard and his sidekick Towne are on the search for Mountjoy. Dr. Brown, meanwhile ends up transported to Ancient Egypt, wrapped up in bandages. In the 1920s, he is rediscovered and rescued by Egyptologist Professor Doubleday and his guide, but even after explaining who is, the guide is warned of danger by 'a god' (MountJoy) and is shot dead, his body dragged out of the mini-universe by MountJoy.
However, as MountJoy plans his next death, his daughter Margrita returns from college with Pete, her annoying boyfriend, who MountJoy recognises as an escapee from one of his other universes, the 1770s Pirate Era. However, as MountJoy plots to rid the boy by allowing him to 'walk the plank', disguised as Blackbeard, one of the questioning Royal Naval officers, Alderby, admired by a whore in his office is contacted by phone by PC Towne. It turns out that several Scotland Yard men have been sent into the museum, but he is killed by Blackbeard/MountJoy with a rapier.
Pete a junior policeman escapes, travelling to 1920s London to meet Doubleday/CID man where Doubleday's housekeeper, Mrs. Hayes has found a wolf on the foggy street. It has been placed there by MountJoy. It bites Pete, and as he turns into a werewolf, is killed by Doubleday, but Doubleday flees into a theatre, and killed by a fallin chandelier by MountJoy dressed as the Phantom of the Opera. Towne manages to track down Doubleday's body and brings it to Inspector Bray, who interrogates the shocked Margrita, and decides to travel into a gothic Europe created by MountJoy housing Frankenstein's castle. He has to take on the role of the Doctor to prevent Towne from being killed, but Towne is wrapped up in bandages and killed by a falling plough, the blades cutting into his stomach, causing much bloodiness, but once the bandages are moved, it turns out Towne is now an Invisible Man! After a battle with the hunchbacked servant, Igor, he finds the monster, being looked after by a crazed hermit, the Monster is ordered to kill Bray, but finds nobility in 'his creator', causing a fit of jealousy for MountJoy. As the Monster flees the portal, he becomes what he actually is, a wax model. A Dracula-like vampire is ordered by the organ-playing increasingly Phibesian MountJoy, but Bray carves a wooden stake. He escapes he castle and returns to the Museum, where he finds the bodies of Alderby, Pete, Doubleday, Winston and Brown, the non-wax model victims and performers in his universes. It turns out that Bray is under the guidance of a great sorcerer determined to win back his spellbook. As the wax models of the likes of Mrs. Hayes, the Monster and the Indian Pirate and the Whore become zombies, and the musuem drips blood, Bray rescues Margrita, and reclaims the spellbook, causing Mountjoy in anger and out of control to rip out a page of the book in order to create his own portal to real Victorian London. We see him lure two prostitutes away, and he asks what year it is. "1888," they reply, to which he laughs, even though he knows he is trapped forever by the book, as it is a trap. He is Jack the Rpper.

There was one. A third Dr. Who and the Daleks film with Peter Cushing, except with the bizarre twist of having a kind of weird IMAX. You could walk into the telly and find yourself in a bed and breakfast in WARRINGTON (!?!) terrorised by Daleks.

An Asylum knockoff of Planet of the Apes called Battle of the Red Planet, with Martian apes attacking a space colony, kind of like the Martian Chronicles but with bad ape masks.

I did dream a videogame called "Morris Van Simulator", where you drove a Morris J type van from the 50s around England. It was like an Ealing comedy Grand Theft Auto.

And another videogame - Gorillaz Safari, a cel-shaded XBOX game where Damon Albarn's animated band are in a zebra-pattern painted Land Rover across the Savannah, taking photos of animals.

I have a vivid mental picture of this..thank you.

Last week I saw pink elephants dancing on the window sill. It was like sleep paralaysis, because I tried to touch them but couldn't move. At least it wasn't nightmare scary stuff.

• Locked thread