Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
'Ha-ha, look at that pathetic beta who never touched a woman's tit. I, on the other hand, am alpha and touch all women's tits.'

Wrong, motherfucker. This classification is not real. Just google it to prove yourself wrong. But if you're in dire need of a term for men like me, you can use meta male. That's right, I'm above your lovely patriarchal performative nonsense and that's why I'm not offended when people call me a bumder (or a human being), even though I'm 100% straight. In fact, most of the so-called 'alphas' are probably more gay than me, judging by how much time they spent watching athletic men acting out thinly-veiled sexual metaphors in action films and video games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Deep down inside you all know I am a better person and your success with 'ladies' is only due to current low feminism awareness. In ten years I'll be enjoying all the attention from women I can, while you'll be in prison for sexual harassment.

The point of being a meta male is not only to transcend boundaries imposed by society, but also to be a man of men (cf. metajoke = a joke of jokes).

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 16:20 on May 25, 2015

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Frankenstyle posted:

Like Sisyphus, condemned to spend eternity carrying a printer up a mountain.

Just this week I helped two of my female colleagues to move their PC to a different office space. And I didn't expect any intimacy in exchange, because this is a normal thing to do. The reason I never help my male colleagues with relocation is that they are privileged enough as it is. When we achieve real equality, I might carry your printer, but until then I carry printers to make a statement.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Alright, to preemptively answer your possible question, I wouldn't castrate myself, but precisely because it wouldn't address the root cause of the issue, not because it's a bad way to deal with its consequences. Would I recommend castration to other meta males? It depends on cultural context, so I don't have a ready catch-all answer, I'm afraid.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

RicochetD20 posted:

The alpha and beta come from biology, but completely disregards the fact that the Beta in a community till get some pussy, usually from being clever or unusual :biotruths:

Yes, that's what I'm talking about. But the very classification based on who 'gets' 'pussy' is intrinsically damaging. If I had to choose between staying a virgin my whole life and raping a woman, I would choose virginity without a second though. The more meta males who would make the same choice there are, the better it is for women and for society in general.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

thunderspanks posted:

yes op i agree with your opinion

What part do you agree with the most? I'm planning to prepare a lecture for a gender studies conference next month and I need as much input as possible. Can I use a screenshot of your post in my powerpoint presentation?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

You seem overly concerned with defining levels of gayness as a measure of worthiness, OP.

Your implication sort of proves it's the other way around. I don't care if people think I'm gay exactly because it doesn't matter.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Fredrik1 posted:

I'm a beta :smith:

You are not. When you understand this, you become a meta male. Actually, you don't even need to understand that.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

OMGVBFLOL posted:

you're right about it being fake op, but you're wrong about that mattering

The fact that it doesn't matter is what matters. Hence meta.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
As I said, the attraction to 'alphas' is nothing but peer pressure multiplied by oppression. In a post-patriarchal society sex is no longer a commodity and as such no longer is a goal, so every form of sexual aggression is condemned. You may think such society is a society of 'betas', but it's really a society of metas, since there are no 'alphas'. Red pill is basically blue pill for meta males that ultimately hinders progress.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

General Tofu posted:

Wait, so a meta-male is a straight guy who doesn't have any sex, but also doesn't watch football? I'm confused.

No, it means that none of it matters. It doesn't matter how much sex I 'get', my identity as a male is still valid and since this identity is a product of an informed choice, it's a better identity by default. I don't need hierarchy, because I'm above hierarchy.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

rabble rabble posted:

wait, it just occurred to me, you guys realize there's more to life than getting laid, right

right

Seeing this is seeing through the system of power and coercion. It bears repeating, but that's why the term is meta.

I see that people are having some troubles with my terminology, so instead of meta male, you may consider the term ur-male (with ur in its original Germanic meaning 'thoroughly'). A person is a male not because of what he does, but things he does pertain to his maleness. Hope it helps.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

OMGVBFLOL posted:

so do you refuse to treat language as anything other than prescriptive, or are you just so much of a sperglord that you don't understand that it's possible for language to be anything but prescriptive

No.

Agag posted:

Where is the formal academic response to these quack theories propagated by weird creeps on the Internet? Obviously the Cathedral fears the truth.

The response is gender studies, women's studies and queer studies. The bulk of knowledge in those disciplines supports meta males and fully disproves any possibility of an inherent hierarchy outside of societal constrains.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Agag posted:

But did they specifically address BronanTheBarbarian's blog post about white knights? No. Because they fear the truth.

Make no mistake, students attending those courses often bring things like that for critical analysis. Some blog posts even inspire theses. It's just that posters of those blogs are on the outside of academic discourse and as such often fail to find refutations to their half-baked theories.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Agag posted:

Is it like "outsider art" where a gallery owner finds a homeless guy who paints with his own poo poo and sells the paintings to rick assholes?

In a way, but no one is exploited in the process.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

OMGVBFLOL posted:

you're one or the other; you're being strictly prescriptive in defiance of the reality of language, it's just a matter of why

I didn't say no to both parts of your question.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

ninotoreS posted:

you forgot omega males, OP

googled it for you, like you suggested: http://www.askmen.com/dating/curtsmith_300/384_5-signs-you-are-an-omega-male.html

maybe a significant percentage of this forum?

It loving doesn't matter, alright? What is there not to understand? Don't be a dick and read a proper source like wiki or something.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

vug posted:

Is a monk an omega male

No, because no one really is. But being a meta male makes a person more like a god in that it unleashes creative and non-aggressive expression, if that's what you wanted to ask.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Applewhite posted:

Actually the Greek letter human classification system is proven science, OP. It's based on immutable biotruths and also Brave New World.
But it's not unusual for beta bitches like yourself to whine about it.

Even if it were true (which it isn't) I chose to deny it and ascended to being a meta male. You know what else is natural? Rape. But meta males don't rape anyone, because rape is only possible in a system that perpetuates power hierarchies. What more obvious proof do you need?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Social evolution is real, idiots.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Just a reminder. People who apply terms like alpha or beta male to humans are stupid as gently caress.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

ninotoreS posted:

everything you've posted here comes off like raging insecurity, you know

dude, you're supposed to play it off like a joke, studies show people consider self-deprecation a trust-engendering behavior

the doc is an hour and a half, iirc i was high at the time if that helps

Once again, there's nothing I'm supposed to do as a male, as I am a meta male. The very concept of prescribed behaviour is wrong and damaging.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Mange Mite posted:

"I don't follow societal norms"
Everyone else: "look at this weirdo human being"

I didn't say I didn't follow any norms. I just follow them not because they are imposed by society, but because it's right to follow them. Again, just reminding you why my term of choice is meta male.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Commie NedFlanders posted:

what a feminist attitude :rolleyes:

It was simply a factual statement, not something I aspire. I live without any attention from women now (in intimate sense), and I am perfectly fine to wait ten years or however long it takes for the paradigm to shift. This is not my end goal, as it is for many so-called alphas, which is the reason meta males will be more desirable in the future. That's just how it is, I don't boast or anything.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

greg sexyvibes posted:

How do you know what will be desirable in the future?

Just look at cultural trends. It's already happening. More women would choose Doctor from Doctor Who over mister universe or whatever.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Applewhite posted:

Mr. Universe is weird looking and gross. The real test would be whether more women would choose Doctor Who over Alpha ideals like Chris Helmsworth or Chris Pine.
Answer: no, they would not.

Time will tell. Also, Pine and Helmsworth are probably not alphas, seeing how they are actors.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Applewhite posted:

While the actors themselves might not be Alphas (I don't know them personally and so can't tell either way), they are portrayed as Alphas and thus would hold much of the same appeal to women.

Not sure about Chris Pine's characters, but Thor is most definitely a meta male just as other male Avengers. That's why this franchise became so popular with women all of a sudden after years of almost exclusively male audience.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Applewhite posted:

And here I thought it was his rippling muscles, smoldering good looks and confident attitude.

All this is incidental. There were super heroes movies with muscular male characters before, but they never were as popular with women as Avengers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Alright, guys, I'll come clean. Obviously my OP is not something I fully believe in. Well, apart from the fact that people who apply terms like alpha or beta male to humans are stupid as gently caress. I can see flaws in this position that I embellished for comic purposes and find it funny how some people are so preoccupied with labels other people apply to them. And that's what really makes me a meta male. Hope you had fan. :)

• Locked thread