Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Actually the Greek letter human classification system is proven science, OP. It's based on immutable biotruths and also Brave New World.
But it's not unusual for beta bitches like yourself to whine about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Paladinus posted:

Even if it were true (which it isn't) I chose to deny it and ascended to being a meta male. You know what else is natural? Rape. But meta males don't rape anyone, because rape is only possible in a system that perpetuates power hierarchies. What more obvious proof do you need?

^^^^
The most Beta post of the year

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

quakster posted:

culture is essentially just a really zany way of transferring energy from one entity to another, babies are just piles of carbon designed to be pathetic enough to elicit pity

lol "designed."

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

ninotoreS posted:

yeah, see, this is the OP's underlying problem

he doesn't realize humans are just hairless apes with a cerebral cortex and existential delusions of grandeur

'alpha' and 'beta' social order roles exist inarguably in another hominid species that is genetically 98.8% identical to homo sapiens, and in another apex-predator species that's extraordinary for its domesticated social compatibility with humans. these are just facts

Playing devil's advocate, but my understanding was that the Alpha-Omega spectrum in dogs/wolves had been largely discredited?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

ninotoreS posted:

i'm just some layman rear end in a top hat not exactly informed up to the minute on recent zoology, but i watched some nat geo doc about a non-captive, wild wolf-pack that was studied by a couple for a decade or something

all the social order roles were clearly apparent, including the omega

found it, i think. looks like a late 90s or early 00s production

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWmOtXSAr1M

Without even watching the video, I defer to your cited sources and hereby resume sorting humans into the Alpha-Omega spectrum.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Paladinus posted:

Once again, there's nothing I'm supposed to do as a male, as I am a meta male. The very concept of prescribed behaviour is wrong and damaging.

Actually social roles give structure to our lives and help us to define ourselves as individuals and how we fit into society as a whole. They are a natural instinct and to some degree necessary for a healthy psyche.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

JebanyPedal posted:

Lol, women don't want to gently caress you because you're alpha, they gently caress you because you're hot.
You can be an uber pathetic piece of poo poo and get hosed non-stop if you're a beefcake just look at me.

Have never, ever met a beta beefcake and doubt they exist.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Paladinus posted:

It was simply a factual statement, not something I aspire. I live without any attention from women now (in intimate sense), and I am perfectly fine to wait ten years or however long it takes for the paradigm to shift. This is not my end goal, as it is for many so-called alphas, which is the reason meta males will be more desirable in the future. That's just how it is, I don't boast or anything.

Alphas have been the primary objects of female desire for the past 3 million years so we're definitely overdue for a paradigm shift. It could happen any day now!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Paladinus posted:

Just look at cultural trends. It's already happening. More women would choose Doctor from Doctor Who over mister universe or whatever.

Mr. Universe is weird looking and gross. The real test would be whether more women would choose Doctor Who over Alpha ideals like Chris Helmsworth or Chris Pine.
Answer: no, they would not.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Paladinus posted:

Time will tell. Also, Pine and Helmsworth are probably not alphas, seeing how they are actors.

While the actors themselves might not be Alphas (I don't know them personally and so can't tell either way), they are portrayed as Alphas and thus would hold much of the same appeal to women.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Paladinus posted:

Not sure about Chris Pine's characters, but Thor is most definitely a meta male just as other male Avengers. That's why this franchise became so popular with women all of a sudden after years of almost exclusively male audience.

And here I thought it was his rippling muscles, smoldering good looks and confident attitude.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Paladinus posted:

All this is incidental. There were super heroes movies with muscular male characters before, but they never were as popular with women as Avengers.

The movies may not have been but the stars sure were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Paladinus posted:

Alright, guys, I'll come clean. Obviously my OP is not something I fully believe in. Well, apart from the fact that people who apply terms like alpha or beta male to humans are stupid as gently caress. I can see flaws in this position that I embellished for comic purposes and find it funny how some people are so preoccupied with labels other people apply to them. And that's what really makes me a meta male. Hope you had fan. :)

:argh:

• Locked thread