Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
how can i drink at work? who will know i am, who will care ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
Wine in a coffee thermos. You are welcome.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
im really enjoying this mid life crisis/crushing ennui postng trend in gbs

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010

OMFG FURRY posted:

im really enjoying this mid life crisis/crushing ennui postng trend in gbs

also known as, gbs

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Been there, done that, do not recommend.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

How much of a gently caress up are you at work usually? Are you clumsy? Kind of incoherent? If you are then no one will notice as long as you use mints, probably.

Calbiyum
May 18, 2015

TheJoker138 posted:

How much of a gently caress up are you at work usually? Are you clumsy? Kind of incoherent? If you are then no one will notice as long as you use mints, probably.

yeaah this. also this isn't day drinking this is getting drunk at work. relax mix some whiskey or vodka or whatever in your favorite drink. and yes I do mean your favorite

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Take up smoking and people will smell that instead

Drink a lot of water. Also, cheeseburgers :burger:

Zeno-25 fucked around with this message at 07:14 on May 26, 2015

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

Calbiyum posted:

yeaah this. also this isn't day drinking this is getting drunk at work. relax mix some whiskey or vodka or whatever in your favorite drink. and yes I do mean your favorite

my favorite drink is whiskey

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Actually getting day drunk when you're on vacation is pretty sweet, by the way. Me and a few friends went to Chicago last summer and spent like, an hour doing tourist poo poo, and the rest of the time going to bars, getting hammered, and wandering the city. Was awesome, highly recommend it.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
goddamn just do it like a normal person and go into a liquor store and buy a normal bottle of coke and a shooter bottle of rum, dump the rum into the coke and no one fuckin knows

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
she was a day drinker
one way ticket yeah
took me so long to found out
and i found out

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Just drink straight wood alcohol imo, hth

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Just drink straight wood alcohol imo, hth

filter it through some burnt toast first tho or you'll go blind

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
Wine in a can!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Listen, the real secret to drinking at work is to hide it in plain sight. Get a bar for your office. A compact set with a couple of shelves and a marble or glass top is the most common, although an Italian renaissance-style globe bar can work really well in the right setting. Don't try to make it the centre of the room, just leave it in a corner near the door to your private bathroom or something. It should be at least 20 feet away from your desk, and out of direct sunlight. If your office has floor-to-ceiling windows, try putting it next to a bookcase or armoire.

Keep enough tumblers that you can offer a drink to everyone you're meeting with, although obviously you'll only actually make the offer to other company officers. You'll need to stock a few different whiskeys, at minimum you should have a bourbon and a scotch, preferably in crystal decanters. That way you can accommodate different tastes. Once you've established that the bar is meant for meetings, it will just become another company expense. You can send your PA to the liquor store with the company card any time, and nobody will be the wiser.

Un chien andalou
Oct 22, 2008

The pipe is leaking
drink gin it makes your breath smell less like booze than other types of liquor

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

What is your job? Obviously the morally acceptable level of inebriation is different for a code jockey than say someone who operates a front loader or drives an ambulance.

Un chien andalou posted:

This is good advice. If you really wanna get fancy a Tom Collins just smells like lemonade.

big dig
Sep 11, 2001

Cowboys > Ninjas
Make work a hobby and it wont feel like work. If your hobby is drinking then its work.

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011

RandomFerret posted:

Listen, the real secret to drinking at work is to hide it in plain sight. Get a bar for your office. A compact set with a couple of shelves and a marble or glass top is the most common, although an Italian renaissance-style globe bar can work really well in the right setting. Don't try to make it the centre of the room, just leave it in a corner near the door to your private bathroom or something. It should be at least 20 feet away from your desk, and out of direct sunlight. If your office has floor-to-ceiling windows, try putting it next to a bookcase or armoire.

Keep enough tumblers that you can offer a drink to everyone you're meeting with, although obviously you'll only actually make the offer to other company officers. You'll need to stock a few different whiskeys, at minimum you should have a bourbon and a scotch, preferably in crystal decanters. That way you can accommodate different tastes. Once you've established that the bar is meant for meetings, it will just become another company expense. You can send your PA to the liquor store with the company card any time, and nobody will be the wiser.
Give this man a promotion and a bigger office!

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
if you're good you can make being drunk look like a bout of depression at your desk

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
put some cannabutter in your coffee, feel better the whole day long

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

buttchug vodka, no one will know

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Lucky Guy posted:

buttchug vodka, no one will know

Your proctologist always knows.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Be a real man and shoot heroin, nobody will smell that on your breath.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

thermos of coffee with Evan Williams white label in it. don't start until after lunch. alternatively, vodka tonic or martini in water bottle. breath isn't as much of an issue with those two.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Un chien andalou posted:

ArmZ posted:

thermos of coffee with Evan Williams white label in it. don't start until after lunch. alternatively, vodka tonic or martini in water bottle. breath isn't as much of an issue with those two.

you guys are stupid!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Sometimes I like to have a beer or two on my lunch break at teh restaurant by my office! :ssh:

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

VendaGoat posted:

Your proctologist always knows.

if your butt doctor doesn't high five you for buttchugging, get a new butt doctor

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Haverchuck posted:

you guys are stupid!

one of my tax professors worked in nyc in the 60s and 70s. they were not allowed to drink vodka because the clients couldn't smell it on their breath and would think they were stupid instead of just drunk.

Doctor Shapes
Mar 17, 2009

Ask and ye shall receive.
pour some everclear into your coffee

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
In the employee handbook where I work they say you can have up to two drinks at lunch. Does a 16 ounce tumbler of boxed wine count as a single drink? I don't know for sure, but I'm going to assume so until someone tells me different.

Sixfools
Aug 27, 2005

You be the Moon,
I'll be the Earth
And when we burst
Start over, oh, darling
Camelback full of vodka if you work in a kitchen

Doctor Shapes
Mar 17, 2009

Ask and ye shall receive.

Germstore posted:

In the employee handbook where I work they say you can have up to two drinks at lunch. Does a 16 ounce tumbler of boxed wine count as a single drink? I don't know for sure, but I'm going to assume so until someone tells me different.

one box is one drink

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

I'm a whiskey gal myself. I started out with flasks, but then decided those didn't hold near enough so upped my game to plastic sports bottles. Much, much better.
It was nice because there was a liquor store right down the road just in case. Plus, I worked a weird shift and had my own office. All of this helped me steadily increase the amount of alcohol I was drinking on a daily basis, and I was already a lush to begin with.

But for you, I'll give you the advice my grandfather gave me when I was 7: vodka is for alcoholics because no one can smell it on your breath. He was a wise man.

If you are a little baby, you can empty out one of those plastic lemons and put your booze in there like a child.

Oh, I got one of these maybe 12, 13 years ago from eBay:

It was cool because they sent me two for some reason. I got them because they were funny.
They don't hold nearly enough, but might be the right size for you.

They have iPhone-looking ones now. I don't have any experience with iPhones or flasks that look like them so I can't give any insight.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

ArmZ posted:

one of my tax professors worked in nyc in the 60s and 70s. they were not allowed to drink vodka because the clients couldn't smell it on their breath and would think they were stupid instead of just drunk.

this is extremely cool if it is true hahah

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I like to drink a bunch at a bar in the afternoon and say, "Got to go, I'm due in surgery." before I leave.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
dont be a loving retard, eat pot brownies or pills or something at work. no one can smell that.

if your gettin the shakes if you dont drink at work, concider just dealing with that instead of drinking, it might be better for you in the long run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
whiskey in ur coffee cup

• Locked thread