Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
My favorite part of Witcher is the combat system. It's very innovative.
This is how I want to spend my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
In Witcher 3, you play as Alucard Van Hellsign, a vampire who hunts his own kind. Guide Alucard through nefarious traps, creepy castles, deadly dungeons and primeval jungles as you search for the fabled Goblet of Blood, an artifact of great power.
Along the way, you will face many deadly foes including an upside-down baby and a girl who looks hot at first but her face opens sideways and it's full of sharp teeth.
Are you up to the challenge?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
In Witcher Three, you can snap to cover and also "blindfire" which is an innovative gameplay mechanic.
If you come across an enemy with a scripted cutscene death, you can hold down a button to activate "bullet time."

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Fun fact: the Sea Serpent boss at the end of the tower level is actually just a recolor of the sea serpent boss from Soul Revaer II: Legend of Sins with boobs added.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Witchster III: Blood Reckoning DLC pack coming soon.
In Blood Reckoning, Alucard has to travel to feudal Japan, where he will encounter Kappas, Yurei and also those ghosts which are just flying torsos whose intestines act like tentacles.
Wander around an intricately detailed Japanese village. Certain paper doors can be punched through (indicated by an obvious color difference+shadow moving on other side). All vases are destroyable but none of them contain treasure.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
The secret to defeating the swarming bats which attack nonstop during the level where you have to climb along a narrow ledge is to stop and kill each bat individually. If applied correctly, this technique allows players to complete the deadly ledge climb segment within three hours!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Most of the time, low hedges act as an impassable barrier keeping Alucard on the trail, but in Sunderburg Village there is an upturned wheelbarrow that allows you to climb over the otherwise impenetrable fence of shrubs and reach a *SECRET AREA*. Reaching the secret area will earn you a "Secret Area Found" achievement.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

oldpainless posted:

The guy in Witcher has sex with beautiful big-titted ladies all the time and I play games to ESCAPE from reality, not continue my own life tyvm.

Same reason I can't get into Sonic the Hedgehog.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
The best part of Witch3r is that you don't ever have to fight monsters, you can just live an ordinary life as a villager if you want. Spend all your time tending your in game garden, get married to an NPC (opposite sex only), spawn some kids, get a mortgage. It's called "open world gaming."

I've got 21.6 hours on record and haven't been in combat since the tutorial level. My cottage is the envy of the entire village.

E: beware, though, some home decorations can only be acquired through combat or beating bosses. Same with fashion items and armor. I'm content to go without such things, however as I respect the wishes of my in-game wife, who urges me not to "do anything dangerous."

Applewhite fucked around with this message at 18:01 on May 27, 2015

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
If you press A, down+A and then AB, you can make Alucard do a sweet drop kick.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Witcher III's graphics are so good, even the dev team's computers can't handle them on ULTRA settings. It's a game meant for the next generation of computers.
Imagine, graphics so good you can't even see them! We are living in the future of gaming.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

JebanyPedal posted:

I have two Titans and the game still doesn't hit 60fps with Ubersampling on lol.
Tbf it does stay at a totally stable playable 45-50fps though.

I cannot enjoy any game unless I can count the pores on the protagonist's nose.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

killaer posted:

time to pirate the entire gog catalog

GoG is the best game vendor I've ever bought from and I enjoy giving them money because they provide such good service.
I always go to them first whenever I'm in the market for a new game.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
The Witcher can acquire an item that allows him to scale any wall marked with upwards pointing green arrows.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Seriouspost: Minecraft is better than Witschers I-III

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Fun fact: combat in the Witcher is just a modification of the Surgeon Simulator engine. Each key on your keyboard controls one of Alucard's muscle groups.

• Locked thread