Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best type of floor
carpet
tile/wood/marble
dirt
View Results

• Locked thread
baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
pretty easy. carpets are ugly and gross. mmh accumulated sweat from a thousand feet and having to ask company to remove their shoes when they show up, yeah great time

however tile or wood or marble, hell yeah. easy to clean and you can even mop it! you can even put a few rugs in strategic spots if you want

oh the tile is cold on your feet? wow idiot, put on slippers

moron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
suck my fuckin balls, OP

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Carpet is easier to keep free of dust and crumbs, hard surfaces are easier to keep free of stains. I guess it all depends on what sort of mess you're more likely to make.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

dad gay. so what posted:

suck my fuckin balls, OP

A more appropriate slam for this thread would have been to instruct OP to "eat your carpet" or something. hth.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
do you guys parents even let you pick what floor you want?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

A more appropriate slam for this thread would have been to instruct OP to "eat your carpet" or something. hth.

dont tell me what to do

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
linoleum or gtfo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8qK97nhsxU

baw
Nov 5, 2008

Applewhite posted:

Carpet is easier to keep free of dust and crumbs, hard surfaces are easier to keep free of stains. I guess it all depends on what sort of mess you're more likely to make.

i literally do not understand this

with hard surfaces you just vacuum and that gets rid of dust and crumbs, and then you mop in order to take care of stains

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
I prefer fy_killingfloor

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
you better not be calling me a moron you stupid little bitch ill rip your goddamn body apart

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
also i met some old bitch last night and she kept rubbing my face and scaring me. thanks. lets all kill each other

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
lol if you don't have a hardwood floor

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

baw posted:

i literally do not understand this

with hard surfaces you just vacuum and that gets rid of dust and crumbs, and then you mop in order to take care of stains

No see, with hard surfaces, crumbs get kicked around and collect in corners/nooks, which are a pain in the rear end to clean even with the right tools. Carpet fibers trap crumbs in the place where they fall, so they don't accumulate in hard to reach places.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

Applewhite posted:

No see, with hard surfaces, crumbs get kicked around and collect in corners/nooks, which are a pain in the rear end to clean even with the right tools. Carpet fibers trap crumbs in the place where they fall, so they don't accumulate in hard to reach places.

it's much harder to clean cum out of carpet. fail.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

Applewhite posted:

this is foolish and i think you know it

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Enfield posted:

also i met some old bitch last night and she kept rubbing my face and scaring me. thanks. lets all kill each other

happy birthday, did you waste her?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

baw posted:

this is foolish and i think you know it

You're foolish for not understanding the mechanics of dust and crumbs.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Applewhite posted:

Walking on bare floor is like walking on cold, hard stone. You know who else had to walk on cold, hard stone without the benefit of cushioning from nice shoes or extravagant rugs? Peasants.

I'm not a peasant, so I chose carpet for my house. It is not only the right choice, it is the only choice.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

dad gay. so what posted:

happy birthday, did you waste her?

no i basically did :staredog: and wobbled off into the sunset and yee hawing

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

satanic splash-back posted:

Walking on bare floor is like walking on cold, hard stone. You know who else had to walk on cold, hard stone without the benefit of cushioning from nice shoes or extravagant rugs? Peasants.

I'm not a peasant, so I chose carpet for my house. It is not only the right choice, it is the only choice.

OP's entire house looks like the inside of a bathroom.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Applewhite posted:

OP's entire house looks like the inside of a bathroom.

I've always been told one's living space reflects one's inner self.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

I've always been told one's living space reflects one's inner self.

*looks around computer room where every spare inch of floorspace has been taken up by hoarder stacks of comic books*

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
lol if you dont have hardwood floors and persian rugs

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Hardwood floors and a Roomba with a pocket pussy attached to it.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
agriede

baw
Nov 5, 2008

Applewhite posted:

You're foolish for not understanding the mechanics of dust and crumbs.

where are these untouchable places that these dust and crumbs end up? places like "near the wall" or "in the corner?"

surely an impossible conundrum, the best solution is to let the crumbs get ground into the carpet to rot forever

baw
Nov 5, 2008

i just, wow. i mean holy poo poo

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

baw posted:

where are these untouchable places that these dust and crumbs end up? places like "near the wall" or "in the corner?"

They're not untouchable, but they're a pain in the rear end.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

if only there was a way to touch corners. hmm. no idea there, guess i'll just have to cover my house in fabric that absorbs sweat and also force everyone who visits to take off their shoes before they step on my crumbfloor

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i agree OP

wood or masonry supremacy

uh if you weren't a peasant you'd know rugs are good.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

baw posted:

if only there was a way to touch corners. hmm. no idea there, guess i'll just have to cover my house in fabric that absorbs sweat and also force everyone who visits to take off their shoes before they step on my crumbfloor

IDK why you care, nobody comes to visit you.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

wood is nice, carpet is bad, tile just make no sense

baw
Nov 5, 2008

Applewhite posted:

IDK why you care, nobody comes to visit you.

at least i don't smell my guests' shoes while they're using the bathroom!

baw
Nov 5, 2008

Wall Balls posted:

wood is nice, carpet is bad, tile just make no sense

i have seen Cool Tile Floors befor, you can search google to see for yourself

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
a tile floor is a good start to a maths problem in my experience

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
I'd much rather vacuum than mop but they make Swifters now and that might as well be vacuuming really. So hard floors rule in every way. They just look a lot better too.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

baw posted:

i have seen Cool Tile Floors befor, you can search google to see for yourself

yeah but wood is better I think

just wait until someone spills OJ on your limestone tiles and that poo poo soaks in regardless of the finish

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Every room in my house is carpeted including the bathrooms and the attic. I also have the fuzzy toilet seat covers.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

my house is a public bathroom that i sleep in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

Applewhite posted:

Every room in my house is carpeted including the bathrooms and the attic. I also have the fuzzy toilet seat covers.

I got wall to wall.... yeah not like ya mamas wall to wall, my poo poo INCLUDES the drat wall, and the ceiling AND the countertops

• Locked thread