Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Nie wywoluj wilka z lasu, glupku.
I hope you won't be be groanin'

when you watch this LP of Ronin

hoooooooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Let's try something silly and kind of (hopefully, potentially) excellent.

Here's the deal. I used MapCrunch to get a random google street view from SOMEWHERE in the world. We need to get to an airport. We can follow the roads anywhere to get there.

That's the base game, but on top of that, I want to basically DM being 100% lost and confused in a real life place. We're getting hungry, thirsty, and tired. We don't know anybody. We gotta survive to GET to the airport! I've got a whole story idea sort of planned out, a whole mess of characters / interactions / places to go, a few game ideas... but to start with, we're lost, SOMEWHERE, we might not speak the language, we don't see anybody, and we have to get to an airport.

Come in, check it out, and let's see where this weird idea takes us!

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

YEEEEE HAWWWWW

I am undertaking a video-style, live-commentary Let's Play of Westerado, a wild west sandbox game in which AWFUL EVENTS occur, and you, the son of a poor yet proud family, must work your will in a variety of ways, not leastly gun-ways, to right wrongs! Or cause new ones. Look, it's the Wild West. Things happen.

Bacter fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Oct 27, 2015

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Hello yes this is Bacter and I'm performing a Let's Play of an 'art game' that got amazing reviews and inspired lots of developers, but is also maybe kind of pretentious, and sold like a few thousand copies total and drove its studio into bankruptcy and made them go insane on the media, but they had a new kickstarter for VR simulations of cathedrals plus some other stuff and they will twitter fight you if you call it a game.

That's what I'm doing. Also I'm putting in some heavy metal music.

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Hello! My name is Bacter, and I'm LPing a mystery/weird horror game called Oxenfree, by ex-telltale and ex-disney employees Night School studio. It's a very good game!

Here it is

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

This is a Wadjet Eye techno-futuristic adventure game. It's absurd.

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Merely click on the banner to start DRIFTIN', m'boy! This is a LP of a speedy, combatty, action-adventure title by Heart Machine.

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

"2D Dark Souls"
"Slow Stabber"
"Hard Game"

All of those things and also, because none of those are really good descriptions, kind of not any of them? Regardless: a good 'ol time. By the studio that did Ronin, an awesome minimalistic jumpstabber game, comes...

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

I called it a mix between a text adventure and a tactical sim, but it's really a sci-fi drone operator space thriller.

You wake up out of cryo-sleep, nobody is responding to any distress messages, and fortunately you've got some drones and the willingness to put them in harm's way! Let's find out why everything is awful forever!

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

We've all played just BAD games. What if there was a game where a tremendous amount of work was put in, the (relatively) giant world created, populated with characters. The graphics were crisp, the sound was minimalistic and creepy, the story itself a slow burn of creep.

And then... they... they make some decisions. Decisions about the main character, and about the dialogue. You've got to see this.

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

I wanted to play the polar opposite of my last game so...

Here we go! Frenetic space piracy, liberation of a galaxy, basically just affect some folksy mannerisms and we're browncoats, baby!

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

This is a... game? Let me start again.

It's a sleepy point and click timed shenmune thing which becomes the matrix if neo actually used his power. It's SO WEIRD. I'm doing it blind (after the intro, which I just posted!). Please join me!

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Darkwood! A top-down survival horror crafting terror fiesta!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

I'm going to do a real-world clue-based mystery treasure hunt, in which an insane old man has promised that the winner can win a candy factory. His candy factory.

I should point out everywhere possible that 1) this is real life, and 2) I'd put better than 50% odds that this is some stupid grift, but I am HERE FOR IT.

I'd like that winner to be me, goons. I'd like it to be us.

Won't you join me?