Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/russell-wolfe-dead-dies-gods-not-dead-1201508419/

quote:

Russell Wolfe, prolific producer of faith-based films such as recent hit “God’s Not Dead” through his Pure Flix studio, died May 27 in Scottsdale, Arizona of ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis).

Russell produced and co-starred in 2014’s “God Not Dead,” which grossed $60 million dollars. He was diagnosed with ALS during the film’s release.

He continued to work during his illness, producing the sequel “God’s Not Dead 2,” planned for a spring 2016 release.

Wolfe was a co-founder of production company Pure Flix, which has produced and distributed nearly 100 faith and family properties. Among the other films he produced and acted in were “What If…,” “In the Blink of an Eye” and “Me Again.”

Relive the classic arguments on the evil atheist teacher

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dc5s1ZKNmcc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
God's Not Dead 2? The first one ends with the evil professor being hit by a car and dying and conclusively proves that God exists so I'm not sure wtf a sequel could possibly even be about

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
I've enjoyed this movie they made some pretty good points (from both sides) this movie was deep and emotional and it will have you thinking, yeah it have a few stereotypes here and there but what movie doesn't, so if you're a curious person (like me) and like to hear peoples opinions & beliefs then I suggest you see this movie

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
Could've been funny if he died from something like autoerotic asphyxiation or a lovers' quarrel with his gay boytoy.

as it stands however, this isn't really "thread-worthy", given that GBS is a comedy forum

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
as someone who had a family member die of als it is the absolute worst way to go ever and i hope this fuckhead realized that as he lay immobile in his bed wondering why his dumb god had forsaken him

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

are they brining hercules back for the sequel

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

the great deceiver posted:

as someone who had a family member die of als it is the absolute worst way to go ever and i hope this fuckhead realized that as he lay immobile in his bed wondering why his dumb god had forsaken him

uh

u sp33k l33t br0
Sep 12, 2007

Who Doesn't Like Intercourse?
Soiled Meat

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

Could've been funny if he died from something like autoerotic asphyxiation or a lovers' quarrel with his gay boytoy.

as it stands however, this isn't really "thread-worthy", given that GBS is a comedy forum

Would have been funnier if he was hit by a car.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

god's not dead 2: die harder

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
this pretty much just proves god is real cause he is smiting this lovely producer for making bad movies about him so checkmate atheists where is your science now

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
gonna see GnD 2 in theatres

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I feel so unsure, as I take your hand and lead you to God's door, as your life dies, something in your eyes, calls to mind the Lord's grace, and all his sad goodbyes.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

its a little funny since ALS is super rare so he was basically owned by god and not even his own dumb actions

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

the great deceiver posted:

it's possible to be moral and an atheist

you just aren't

Mahuum Aqoha
Jan 15, 2004

SHEPARD!
Do it for the universe!
Fun Shoe

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

ashgromnies posted:

it's possible to be moral and an atheist

you just aren't

if it wasnt for the lord i would be raping and murdering like all day long

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Im glad you're back kleen

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Zombies' Downfall posted:

God's Not Dead 2? The first one ends with the evil professor being hit by a car and dying and conclusively proves that God exists so I'm not sure wtf a sequel could possibly even be about
he rises from the dead. still atheist, he's out for blood

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

quakster posted:

he rises from the dead. still atheist, he's out for blood

And godless feminist lesbian professor Lucy Lawless realises she must choose to be straight again and an obedient pregnant housewife OR THE RAMPAGE WILL NEVER BE STOPPED

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

drat horror queefs posted:

godless feminist lesbian professor Lucy Lawless

Sold.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

It's a bad movie and all, i'm no fan of the christian moralizing movie genre either. Still, sucks he went out like that. ALS sucks. Death sucks.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

hemophilia posted:

It's a bad movie and all, i'm no fan of the christian moralizing movie genre either. Still, sucks he went out like that. ALS sucks. Death sucks.

Nah he was probably stoked as hell about dying so he could go to heaven and all these atheists would stop oppressing him and I for one applaud his decision to die in immense suffering

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

drat horror queefs posted:

And godless feminist lesbian professor Lucy Lawless realises she must choose to be straight again and an obedient pregnant housewife OR THE RAMPAGE WILL NEVER BE STOPPED
can we get george miller on this, possibly with some rusty automobiles

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

hemophilia posted:

actually, if you're a christian, death owns, because of heaven. that's why

if you're a true believer, death is the most ownage thing that can happen to you. so we should all be super glad he is dead, because he is in heaven now. his death is the best thing that could happen. it's good, he is dead.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
Huh. So God is real.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Hilario Baldness posted:

Huh. So God is real.

No he's dead.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Mr. Pumroy posted:

if you're a true believer, death is the most ownage thing that can happen to you. so we should all be super glad he is dead, because he is in heaven now. his death is the best thing that could happen. it's good, he is dead.

i wnat to die

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i don't believe in an afterlife but death is still the best thing that can happen to a person

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

No.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

Hilario Baldness posted:

Huh. So God is real.

Guy Fieri is still alive and wealthy, so no. This is just a coincidence.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

quakster posted:

i don't believe in an afterlife but death is still the best thing that can happen to a person

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
its funny when people get silly baseball diseases in their gay little nerve endings

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Mr. Pumroy posted:

I have faith, but life is a gift, heaven is good it's also nothing like life. It's nothing like the movies. Death takes you away from loved ones, having a disease like ALS means your suffering was not only lovely for you but affecting those who cared about you. Christianity isn't a death cult, and the kinds of believers who treat it like one are loving awful. They're the same kinds of shitheads who fund jewish extremists to knock down the Dome Of The Rock and rebuild the temple so the end times can come. Whatever lies beyond death for the believer's may be amazing, but I still plan to live, and fight to live. Devaluing your one life because of what may lie beyond is something that's taken to an unhealthy extreme by a ton of believers, and even if he had that stupid rear end philosophy about life, I still would rather he be alive, and death still sucks.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
meth cult

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
The Lord twerks in mysterious ways~~~

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
i'm unfamiliar with "god's not dead" so i thought you meant mel brooks (producers) for some reason, now i'm glad it's the other guy that died

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

im sure having als meant he wanted to die as soon as poss. enjoy the endless void and feeding worms fucko.

polio king
Jun 19, 2004

In imgay we trust.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Meanwhile, noted ALS dude Stephen Hawking has been pimping and atheisting and ALSing it up since '63.

Wrap it up Christianailures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
God's Not Dead... and Boy Is She Pissed

• Locked thread