Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm really hoping Q puts Toews/Kane back on separate lines but what the heck do I know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Both Toews and Kane have been playing really well, especially Toews, since Q made the switch. I question a lot of Q's line decisions, but I can't really argue with his prolonged success, so I'm usually willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

They asked Joe Maddon, who's coached in the MLB for both Tampa Bay and Chicago, what he thought of the series, and he gave a very neutral "may the best team win."

It worked in keeping them away from Kesler who presumably is a better defensive center then Getzlaf , but I thought the Hawks struggled with possession when they merged those lines. Against TB I'd like to see Toews/Hossa against the triplets.

The real question is if Kruger is ok because his line doing well can win a series.

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 20:40 on May 31, 2015

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Zurreco posted:

Kane is Rose.
Toews is Butler.
Sharp is Mirotic.
Hossa is McDermott.
Saad is Dunleavy.
Keith is Noah.
Oduya is Gasol.

That's about all you need to know.

Big fan of McBuckets, I see.

Bandwagon fan: Don't root for any of the following as there's a good chance they're not here next year: Sharp, Richards, Shaw, Oduya, Seabrook, Bickell, Versteeg, Vermette, Desjardins, Crawford, Carcillo, Roszival, Timmonen, Cuminskey, god knows who else

I guess they keep Rundbland due to his age but I think he's up this year too.

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Jun 1, 2015

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
All bandwagon fans should be welcomed because it means the games are on TV and the team is good and cute girls might even be interested about listening to sports autists drone on about corsi and fenwick

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Chicago used to (and may still despite losing over half of them in the mid 2000s) have the most bars of any city in the usa and therefore the world.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Twin Cinema posted:

Yeah, but they don't have the BIGGEST sports bar.

Sure they do. Wrigley Field.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Per capita is irrelevant. I believe lacrosse wi is bars per capita. But America doesn't judge itself per capita, it's #1, just like Chicago in having the most bars.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Did you guys not live through the last two Chicago winters or are you trolling

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

joeburz posted:

chicago winters arent bad

just dont think about the time hundreds of people were stuck on LSD in the blizzard

I actually rode my bike to north ave beach during that storm to see the supposed 30 foot waves. When I got there I realized I couldn't see anything through the snow and that I was a total idiot

Edit: yeah Feb 2015 was all time coldest in Chicago, plus had a 20" snow day on Superbowl day. Also some subzero January days. 2014 had that January with three straight days that didn't hit 0. I know that's nothing compared to Canada but still

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Aphrodite posted:

2 letters changes that last one so much.

No, the fan makeup wouldn't change whatsoever. It'd be like banning Martians

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I thought it was seabs with the hit and Keith with the comment

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I really hope Bickell stays out again in game 2. The Hossa/Versteeg/Richards line played really well last night.

I'd still rather have Hossa next to Toews and Kane with Richards.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

They were saying on Kap & Haugh this morning that the Hossa/Versteeg/Richards line had the highest Corsi number of any Hawks line last night, so keeping Kane & Toews together seems like win/win, as long as Q isn't tempted to bring Bickell back.

I'm willing to bet Hossa has the best corsi of any of the forwards throughout the playoffs. His old man puck possession game is fantastic.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I love that the Blackhawks team is built on the most egregious circumvention of the cap that wasn't killed by the NHL.

In other news, can Vermette take 2nd line center role next year from Richards? That'd be a huge help to go Hossa/Toews/Saad and Kane/Vermette/Teuvo, then Panarin and ?? on the third line with the 4th unchanged.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

LmaoTheKid posted:

Dont you get hit with a major recapture penalty even if the player retires during one of those tacked on years?

I thought that was only if the guy signed it after turning 35, which Hossa didn't? Or just put him on LTIR ala Pronger/Savard?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Ummagumma posted:

Teuvo will likely be the 2C next year.

I can't wait :getin:

So Kane/Teuvo/Panarin? Ah well the third line will be full of scrubs, woe is us.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

marioinblack posted:

That game was pretty crazy. Have to say I feel much better knowing the Lightning have killed it on the road in these playoffs. Hopefully they can steal one back.

I'm sure they will. Probably going to end up being a best of 3 series starting next Saturday.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I'd rather have Oduya out and force Q to roll 4 offensive lines going balls to the wall. Enough of these 2-1 and 3-2 games, I want some 6-5 ones.

Saad-Toews-Hossa
Kane-Richards-Versteeg
Sharp-Vermette-Teuvo
Shaw-Kruger-Desjardins

loving do it

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

The Dirty Burger posted:

Bickell keeps tanking his trade value and it owns :twisted:

Meanwhile I keep waiting for Marian Hossa to decline and his contract to become an albatross, but he continues to rule

Sharp's gone from a 1st round pick to like a 5th this year

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

xzzy posted:

Wasn't too sure Chicago was going to pull that off, I don't know if they are slow or if Tampa is just making them look slow but either way.. they looked slow.

Hitting lots of posts, so the offense is still doing their job. A little more headroom on the scoring would be nice but one goal is all you need. :angel:

This is just like last series where they're just barely hanging on, but I think TB's excellent defensive corps is going to be the difference.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Q is apparently happy with how his line shakeup worked, because 3 shots in half a game is something to be pleased with.

I stand by my statement that a better coach would have the Hawks winning their 5th title of the decade this year.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

You're retarded.

*benches Teuvo and Vermette*
guys you know who we should have on the 4th line? The smallest fastest dude. Also let's move the snakebitten injured guy up to the 1st line

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Furnaceface posted:

And how much of HAS had Ottawa winning in 4-5? Hmm HMMMMMMMM???

Also, sometimes the old Wirtz memories linger and cloud judgement. Its not easy to let go.

Every now and then I flash back to how angry I was at having Steve Sullivan traded. I think this is how vietnam vets feel.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Yeah there other one I'm referencing is when they lost to Vancouver in ot game 7 .

Q is a good coach but he's often an idiot with line changes, playing guys like Bollig and John Scott due to their veteran status, etc. It's a much bigger stretch to argue beating the canucks= beating everyone else that year but gently caress it I'm going to be ridiculous and entitled.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
The whole point is this thread needs it's own Kawalimius, complete with two titles in the 2000s and never ending complaints about losing regular season games.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

xzzy posted:

It's in that part of the region that invariably sucks two hours of your life getting into/out of so close enough. :angel:

East Lakeview/wrigleyville is the hardest part of Chicago to get to from outside of it. It's too bad no one can go there anymore because too many people live there.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
So the reason Stan Mikita hasn't been around this postseason? He doesn't remember who the Blackhawks are anymore nor that he played for them (or that he's the all time leading scorer for the franchise, etcetc)

quote:

"His mind is completely gone," Jill, Stan's wife of 52 years, says while sitting on the sun porch as one of her grandsons fishes in the pond out back. "I don't like to use that term but there's no other way to describe it."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/hockey/blackhawks/ct-stan-mikita-blackhawks-spt-0615-20150614-story.html#page=1

CTE is delightful. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Bhas posters only in this thread please

• Locked thread