Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
philkop
Oct 19, 2008

Chomp chomp chomp...We have the legendary Magic Beans
Goon Made Wallets
I have specific question that I can't find an answer to anywhere. I've read through manuals and forums and everywhere in between. Someone with an actual unit in there hands could help me out in less than five minutes.

I'm trying to determine how the stereo ins/outs work. I'd like to run one signal through the left input and another through the right and have them go to two different speakers. I know you can split the track all of the way right or left once you have looped... but where does the sound get routed before you loop it?

I'll be running a guitar, a drum machine, and a mic into this box and I would love to be able to send the guitar tracks into a guitar amp. I plan on combining the drum ad vocal track together with adaptors so they can but sent to the right input. Guitar into the left.

To test: please plug in two cables into the inputs. Plug two cables into outputs, one being a speaker or headphone. Tap end of each input. Ideally you'd only hear one input through the speaker. Switch output cables and you should hear the opposite input cable.

I'm slowly building pieces for this rig, and if this doesn't have the stereo splitting capabilities I mentioned, I'll have to forgo a guitar amp and run my guitar through the PA system, which means I'll need some kind of preamp/modeler.

Thanks in advanced if anyone can do this for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

philkop
Oct 19, 2008

Chomp chomp chomp...We have the legendary Magic Beans
Goon Made Wallets
So I'm pretty stupid.

My Jc 55 has a direct out jack in the back.

I can run the guitar portion of my rig straight through my amp as usual (pedals and all) and have the direct out running into the sampler. The would then be essentially just a guitar monitor. My only concern now is that as soon as I loop, the sound will only come through the PA, and not my amp. But this shouldn't be a problem if I sound check properly and get my levels straight.

Still down for an answer though if someone has this box, because post loop stereo splitting would still be nifty.

• Locked thread