Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE
Downloading this now. The game seems a bit pricey but this looks like fun.

Do the tracks have elevation?

FatCow fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jun 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I should read the rules :v:

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002

MrChips posted:

Overall reliability as seen on the final summary screen is not taken into account, as it counts things that are extraneous to the simulation (like the quality of your exterior trims, interior quality, etc). This sim will be strictly based on Quality Points as outlined in the rules post, with additional weighting added to critical categories outlined in the rules.

What about the reliability on the engine screen?

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
Max boost is 1.5 bar.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
Are you using the fuel economy from the UI or deriving something based on the high RPM fuel consumption?

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I have a feeling I'm going to submit my car on the 28th because I never know how much is enough. I'm pretty much going through every setting in the game, changing one setting by 1 then recording the new time.

Quick Q on the driver changes. If the car can run for >2hr on one tank of fuel you can stay out until you need to come in for fuel/tires/repair right?

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
Still haven't done a final legality scrub so there are some minor things that need tweaking still (weight for one), but it's close to legal.

Will we be penalized for being 'gamey?' There is something that makes this car about 2s/lap faster but it makes no sense at all in the real world.

FatCow fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jun 12, 2015

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002

Riso posted:

After doing various comparisons with FR and MR cars tweaked to hell and back with the same engine I have to come to the conclusion that MR weight limits are too high. My best FR is about one second faster than my best MR.
Adding 50kg to the FR gets it to within 0.5 of the best MR time, at +75kg it is almost even.

Uh, the fasted posted car in the thread is MR.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002

Tremek posted:

I believe this to be rules-legal:

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002

Riso posted:

Suspension is basically a black box of trial and error while quality points in tyres is practically cheating. We should probably limit that to five points.

That is likely the most accurate part of automation.

Everyone who had a surviving car needs to fire your driver, use that poo poo up in the time allotted.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I can't wait to see the results. It is awesome for you to run this.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002

Riso posted:

What the gently caress?

Only a warning for a five car pile up in TURN ONE?

Grosjean received a race ban for doing that in a 2H F1 race.

I demand a raceban for car #4 at the next 6H race.

We have some video of the event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRJ0GifIouk

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
It's totally on for 5th place in the constructors championship between Duckaerobics and me. About 1/2 way through and an 8 point spread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002

Modus Man posted:

I vote for 4. I would also like to write in a vote for a lemons competition as well.

I think a hilariously low dollar/production series would be fun.

• Locked thread