Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stump
Jan 19, 2006

I'm in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump
Jan 19, 2006

I'm feeling pretty chipper about my 2.2 Flatplane Twin Turbo V8. Going to have to find a new chassis though, as I can't get big enough tyres on.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Just to confirm, do you mean ultimate 100 or super 98 fuel?

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Every turbo engine here.

Somewhat settled on the engine, swithering on hp vs mpg. Was settled on my chassis, then built an amazing MR chassis forgetting about the weight penalty.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

The year is 2007, and engineers at a certain German car firm are under attack from both Allied and Axis competitors. Forced into a bunker to create ugly SUVs and sedan versions of coupe versions of saloons, and embittered by twin turbo deferred maintenance time bombs, they escape!

As tradition dictates, they hide on a boat to South America. Stashed with them are the designs for a newly designed four liter naturally aspirated V8. Fortunately the cooling system blueprints fell overboard. Settled into their new home, they spend 8 years creating their baby, a "Boy from Brazil" you might say.

I present to you the FRM m640i, a brilliant South American car that definitely isn't a genetic clone of a German.

It's green because it'll do 30mpg. It'll also do the quarter mile in under 11 seconds. Unfortunately I think I corrupted a .lua file so I'm going to have to rebuild it from memory :gonk:

Edit: Rebuilt it, went to reopen it and my original one was back. Bloody game!

stump fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jun 9, 2015

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Just got my scrutineers report. Holy poo poo Mr Chips, I've seen less attention to detail from actual IRL scrutineers! Good job! :monocle:

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Can you confirm what build you are using Mr Chips?

stump
Jan 19, 2006

MrChips posted:

The most up-to-date Steam build; B150409.
Ah, I don't have steam, I think that explains why we are in different build, in on 150502. I was wondering why it came up as a different version when you loaded it up.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

If I have the time I might grab steam and convert get a steam copy to be sure, I think I can convert my code to a steam one.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Pretty happy with my standings considering I completely forgot to send my revised car along yesterday!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Pretty happy with my number 8 finish since I forgot to submit my final design, and only managed one top 10 finish all season!

Cheers for the comments on the car, my final unsubmitted design did lose some economy in favour of a power, had a higher redline, and had a much better suspension setup, but I doubt it would have made top 3.

And thanks to Mr Chips for running the Championship 👍🏾

• Locked thread