Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

I played this last night and I felt like a little kid again. Building is really fiddly though, I would actually prefer a more "minecraft" style block placing than going into the editor but that might change if they can smooth the camera and stop the awkward "blocks hover over the block you want to click them to instead of snugly fitting" thing that sometimes happens.

Phrosphor fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Jun 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

KiddieGrinder posted:

Yeah it really is. I looked for the old LEGO builder program thing and found some Google Chrome version, and even that felt more precise and better than in the game.

I'd like a build mode where it snapped out of the game world, and put you in a dedicated building program/world/whatever all on it's own, so you had a good frame rate, controls, and camera positioning.

Another annoyance was the scrolling brick type and color windows, I use the scroll wheel on my mouse to go through them, but that also zooms in the view. :confused:

We need control options!

I forgot my other big bugbear with building. Having horses loudly whiny and snicker every 30 seconds!

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

New Leaf posted:

I'd love to see more to this game than it currently has, but I lost an hour exploring last night and have zero regrets. I found a bow and arrow in a chest inside an igloo and it doesn't work AT ALL with a controller (unless I'm doing something horribly wrong), but it works fine with a mouse. It gives you a target cursor, but the arrow fires when you first hit the button, not when you release. So it zings off in a random direction and you're standing there with a drawn bow and no arrow like a jackass. As soon as you release the attack button, you just put the bow down. With the mouse, it's just point and click.

I want it to be even more Minecraft, though. I can't wait to see what the future holds for this game. I want to explore caves and find treasure. Right now, drilling a mountain is cool, but ultimately serves no purpose. I found some Warlocks that just want to look at me menacingly and punch me.. which is exactly what skeletons do. There's also these adorable little puppies that liked harassing the wildlife but attacked me on sight. They're puppies, not ferocious creatures, let me have a pet! When you fight back, you don't even get the piece or anything, it just goes rigid and physics its way down a hill.

Edit: Maybe these guys need to team up with the Cube World guys!

Their next steps blurb on the Early Access page in steam says that they are going for proceduraly generated caves next.

I found a fish you can throw at people in a chest.

• Locked thread