Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
I've got a pair of Beats (hurr) Wireless bluetooth headphones that go mute in the ears whenever the headset microphone is open and listening.

For example, when playing a game with a friend, I can hear the game's audio just fine until I set the voice chat to on. Then everything goes mute. He says he can hear me when I talk, but I can't hear him or the game. Turn the voice chat option back off, and I can hear audio again.

Also, when checking out the Sound control panel in Windows, all audio goes mute when switching to the Recording tab.

Here's the control panel showing music from Spotify playing fine through the headphones. I can hear it fine.

But when I switch to this tab, all audio goes mute. I can speak and see the green bars rise beside the Headset. If I switch to any other tab, audio resumes.

I thought maybe it had something to do with this setting, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

I've dicked around with various settings but something about the audio device management in Windows seems really retarded to me. Any help with this issue would be appreciated.

EDIT to include proper format.
Attempted fixes: Tested default device/default communications device settings, made sure Communications tab was set to "do nothing", confirmed voice input with a friend, uninstalled/reinstalled drivers for headset and bluetooth receiver.
Recent changes: Reformat of main drive two days ago, fresh install of OS.
Operating system: Windows 10 Preview currently, but this was an issue with 8 before it.
System specs:

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Mung Dynasty fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jun 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread