Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
Here is some more bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
no its just regular poo poo

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

borderlands should win an award for somehow being an even lazier game series than COD

Geek USSR
Mar 24, 2011
Video games are for children

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
video games are not for children and I agree Borderlands is poo poo OP

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Its fun to play with friends but kinda meh all alone. Farcry4 is a much better game

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
Is this good character design

because it looks like the Mad Hatter when he fucks himself

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's a great, fun series

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

Nooner posted:

Its fun to play with friends but kinda meh all alone. Farcry4 is a much better game

every game is made better by friends. adding co-op to a lovely game is just an easy way to disguise the fact that it is poo poo

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
What about good stories like in The Last of Us or Gears of War?

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

the fact that a videogame i dont like is the only thing that generates enough hate to make me serious post in GBS should probably make me evaluate my life, but im just going to try and get an s-rank in ground zeroes.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Thingyman posted:

every game is made better by friends. adding co-op to a lovely game is just an easy way to disguise the fact that it is poo poo

Okay true.

Protodude
Dec 10, 2013

Fun Shoe
It is not hipster, but it is bullshit.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
A bad video game I don't like it

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

MVP posted:

Boobs too small. Cosplay your body type Noob

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
But why don't you guys like the Borderlands series? Do the characters and approach irritate you as much as me? probably not

^^^ what cosplay costume goes well with my body type???

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading
Why do goons think eveything is hipster? You motherfuckers see some beat up nerd with an atomic wedgie crying in the rain and are like "fuckin hipsters, wearing underpants on their head"

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

MVP posted:

But why don't you guys like the Borderlands series? Do the characters and approach irritate you as much as me? probably not

its a 100% pure skinner-box that adds absolutely nothing to the shooter OR arpg genres. its drop system that is completely hosed for the sake of artificially enhancing the life of the game, its godawful sense of humor, and its floaty unsatisfying controls are just the farts following the epic diarrhea bomb that is its creatively bankrupt core system.

i am SO angry about videogames and i cant stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
Borderlands 1 was neat for mixing a first person shooter with the loot lust of Diablo and wow but I played the first game a lot so when the inevitable million sequels hit I had already had my fill.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
My thin and busty Asian wife who waxes her pussy and let's me feed her my gism loves this game

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Cyberball 2072 posted:

Borderlands 1 was neat for mixing a first person shooter with the loot lust of Diablo and wow but I played the first game a lot so when the inevitable million sequels hit I had already had my fill.

it's pretty boring too since it never had pile of class abilities unlike Diablo

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Whatev posted:

Why do goons think eveything is hipster? You motherfuckers see some beat up nerd with an atomic wedgie crying in the rain and are like "fuckin hipsters, wearing underpants on their head"

Hipster is not a meaningful term. You should not worry about how it is used.

Borderlands is fun-with-friends despite being a bunch of samey places populated by obnoxious characters with unskippable cutscenes.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

o hate borderlanda

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

etalian posted:

it's pretty boring too since it never had pile of class abilities unlike Diablo

Because I'm a sicko it was never about abilities, it quickly devolved into "gotta get more orange guns"

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

MVP posted:

^^^ what cosplay costume goes well with my body type???

grimace, the old one with four arms

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Black Baby Goku posted:

My thin and busty Asian wife who waxes her pussy and let's me feed her my gism loves this game

WHOA where can I get me one of those?!!?!!??!

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

the only way i could stand to play borderlands 2 was stoned out of my mind.

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
Basically.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Saalkin posted:

the only way i could stand to play borderlands 2 was stoned out of my mind.
yea well weed makes all games playable.

borderlands 2 was really loving good with some beers and friends over. it's one of the better co-op games around just to shoot poo poo and laugh at with some buds.

singleplayer was really borin' tho so don't play it if you don't have friends to play it with imo

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Can you explain this to us nonvirgoons

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Nooner posted:

Burch is a writer for borderlands etc

He is one of the biggest dweebs around

Rip ryan davis

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

Nooner posted:

the first tweet is bitching about farcry 3; a very poorly written game that hid behind that fact by pretending it was ~~deep~~. anthony burch wrote borderlands 2; a very poorly written game that relied heavily on reddit memes for humor.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
i dont get why goons (esp Games goons) blow up anytime someone puts a meme into their game.

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax

Thingyman posted:

the first tweet is bitching about farcry 3; a very poorly written game that hid behind that fact by pretending it was ~~deep~~. anthony burch wrote borderlands 2; a very poorly written game that relied heavily on reddit memes for humor.

AW poo poo I hate the games even more now

Xaris posted:

i dont get why goons (esp Games goons) blow up anytime someone puts a meme into their game.

shut up anthony

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
bl2s humour was (e: mostly) fine, again i played it mostly intoxicated but it was rather amusing.

the real crime was the pre-sequel was a hot cash grabbing garbage piped right out of randy pitchforks rotten rectum. also, did anyone mention gently caress randy pitchfork? gently caress randy pitchfork

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Thingyman posted:

Got it, thank you. Also farcry3 never pretended it was deep, game was just a stupid as gently caress comedy/action joyride the whole way through.

There is a mission where you gotta burn down weed fields eith a flame thrower while you hallucinate and crazy reggae music plays lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Nooner posted:

Got it, thank you. Also farcry3 never pretended it was deep, game was just a stupid as gently caress comedy/action joyride the whole way through.

There is a mission where you gotta burn down weed fields eith a flame thrower while you hallucinate and crazy reggae music plays lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIa6a5QuQlQ

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

Nooner posted:

it is totally understandable why you (or loving anyone) would think farcry 3 didn't take itself seriously, but the hilarious thing is the writer came out afterwards and tried convincing everyone that farcry 3 was ACTUALLY an incisive comment on stories in videogames and nobody was getting it.

Edit:
if you feel like deeply hating a writer:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-12-18-far-cry-3s-writer-argues-critics-largely-missed-the-point-of-the-game

FreshCutFries fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jun 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

MVP posted:

is this the hipster

• Locked thread