Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
speng31b
May 8, 2010

Hey there CC - I'm an Android developer by day (and night, mostly) - and it turns out, I have the good fortune to work for an employer that values learning and the public release of SIDE PROJECTS. So I present to you all my work-time-free-time-sort-of-mashed project, Wire Flow. I work with a lot of designers, one of whom thought it would be cool to kind of "sketch up" products at the wireframe stage on his mobile device. Perhaps unshockingly, not a lot of decent solutions exist for this on Android, so I made a big old custom view with a lot of touch event code, and the following is born:

Google Play Store
App Site

My overall goal is serve a specific niche of designers who want a share-capable wireframe sketchpad app that behaves half-decently on Android. I'll be taking direct feedback from here and elsewhere - anywhere designers and/or developers want to give me feedback on how this app can be improved (and oh, I know it can be improved). So, thanks for trying it out, and if you do take the time to give feedback here, there's a better than average chance I'll go ahead and implement it (and log exactly what sort of development nightmares it causes me to do so).

Planned features based on feedback to date:

* Project and screen templates - when you create a new project, you'll have a checkbox-driven set of options to choose from (i.e., landscape mode, premade URL bar, premade app toolbar, premade Material widgets such as fabs)
* More icons. Who doesn't love more icons?
* Copying screens and duplicating shapes - could avoid a lot of extraneous shape creation this way.
* More complicated edit behavior for all shapes (locking, line thickness, look and feel)
* General polish on text shapes - multiline behavior needs to be supported, possibly built-in Lorem Ipsum paragraph block.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Just updated this app with POP-style screen transitions based on user feedback, so now it's kind of like POP combined with a simple vector art. The screen transitions are dynamically animated and look pretty cool, here's a video I made:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6JpEXdHtnc

• Locked thread