Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

quote:

Chester Hanks, son of actor Tom Hanks and actress Rita Wilson, is under fire for a series of Instagram posts in which he defends his use of the n-word.

The aspiring rapper, who also goes by the name Chet Haze, says he uses the racially charged word among his friends as part of his right to free speech.

"Hip-hop isn't about race. It's about the culture you identify with," Hanks said, adding that most people do not understand his position. In another video, he said the n-word is "an unspoken thing between people who are friends, who understand each other."

black people thought they reclaimed the word but cultural appropriation is going to have the last laugh if people that look like this guy can call their friends niggas without a trace of irony

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Jesus. :stare:

WTF does T. Hanks Wife look like? This poo poo is unacceptable for tier one hollywood

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe
Just living in a rich white dreamworld. Thats freedom.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
didnt he have another son that was in that one movie or whatever

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
lol chester

solo humping pro
Jun 4, 2015
no you see this racial slur meant to dehumanize and undermine an entire segment of the world's population is not offensive per se, but actually a word of friendship

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFRohrsZZO0

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
I never knew Tom Hanks had a son. Huh. I mean, it's not at all shocking, just never heard about the guy having kids.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
tom hanks son: rapper :laffo:

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

The Last Nigga on Earth, starring Tom Hanks

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i self identify as a gangsta rear end nigga caught in the trap in NYC

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
Chet hanks

represent

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
His other son, the one that's in stuff, is both witty and charming.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

TOOT BOOT posted:

black people thought they reclaimed the word but cultural appropriation is going to have the last laugh if people that look like this guy can call their friends niggas without a trace of irony

yikes

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

quote:

"Hip-hop isn't about race. It's about the culture you identify with," Hanks said, adding that most people do not understand his position. In another video, he said the n-word is "an unspoken thing between people who are friends, who understand each other."

as the son of tom hanks, i have a unique understanding of the lives of urban youth who probably grew up so poor that they were lucky to have a roof over their heads

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes

Verily I Shat posted:

Just living in a rich white dreamworld. Thats freedom.

he is clearly trans-ethnic and probably living in trans-poverty, so your dead-racing and dead-classing this brave person is uncalled for

Lotophage
Apr 26, 2015

by Lowtax
Who gives a drat crap.

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe

NotWearingPants posted:

Its like some film were one sperm is bad and the other is good.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Tom must have been too busy away making movies to be at home to beat his son into not being a hip hop artist

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
this is a step on the road to the n word no longer having any power as a racial epithet. white people should start calling each other friend of the family all the time. asians and mexicans do it. it would force cultural progression and also be a good way to get more white people killed

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
wow tom hanks successfully knocked up macaulay culkin

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Tom Hanks is gay

in the movie Philadelphia

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004
lol stupid plebs think uber rich people are subject to the same societal norms as the poor. now shut up and get back to consuming

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
all words are nonsense meat sounds nothing means anything humans are tadpools in an infinitely large ocean of void

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
I like how every time this guy is mentioned he's always referred as "Tom Hanks' Rapping Son" like it's his official rap moniker. He needs to team up with Bob Dylans Rapping Grandson and release a terrible freestyle over highway 61 or w/e

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
How many hills must a man walk down/ before he's allowed to say friend of the family?

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

quote:

In another video, he said the n-word is "an unspoken thing between people who are friends, who understand each other."

Perhaps it should have remained unspoken

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

NotWearingPants posted:

Colin got his Father's looks, too.

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

imo you shouldn't say "friend of the family" if you are white, it's disrespectful :c00lbert:

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

tom hanks' son is wrong and shouldnt have a rap career

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Pivotal Lever posted:

imo you shouldn't say "friend of the family" if you are white, it's disrespectful :c00lbert:

actually if you think about it, it's 2 syllables, while "black person" is 3 syllables and "african american" is 7; saying it is simply being economical with language and as shakespeare (sp?) said brevity is the soul of wit

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Jonny 290 posted:

wow tom hanks successfully knocked up macaulay culkin

This was my exact thought. Holy poo poo.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Zombies' Downfall posted:

actually if you think about it, it's 2 syllables, while "black person" is 3 syllables and "african american" is 7; saying it is simply being economical with language and as shakespeare (sp?) said brevity is the soul of wit

its very efficient imo

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

Surfer Rosa Parks posted:

I like how every time this guy is mentioned he's always referred as "Tom Hanks' Rapping Son" like it's his official rap moniker. He needs to team up with Bob Dylans Rapping Grandson and release a terrible freestyle over highway 61 or w/e

Tom Hanks' Rapping Son sounds like a good username.

Shitbreak
Jun 20, 2005

Prettz posted:

The Last Nigga on Earth, starring Tom Hanks

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Coon is only one syllable.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

TOOT BOOT posted:

I didn't even realize Tom Hanks had a son, and I think it would be best if it was kept that way.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

tom hanks is trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014
I was once called 'friend of the family' by one of the whitest people alive. I can relate to all my soul brothas and sistas.
Kill whitey salaam alaikum

Peace (except for whitey)

(gently caress him)

• Locked thread