Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Pokemon Gen 1 is one of those rare examples of something unpolished as gently caress reaching the maximum possible audience due to solid game mechanics and expert marketing.

After Gen 2 the devs failed to add anything that made the games even worth a casual fuckaround for me. Unless you're playing it at like 500% speed in an emulator the grind of Pokemon is tedious as gently caress and Game Freak has done next to nothing to streamline the process. Then there's all that insanely dumb bullshit about hidden stats and the battles being focused on buffs/debuffs that carry across swapped out Pokemon. It's probably fun if you're suffering from sunk-costs and memorized all that stuff on each release, but unless you're paying me to learn I'm happy to pretend it's not there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Throwdini posted:

keep posting Sincere Pokemon Analysis in this thread

K.

You'd think with the creepy "adult" market going strong for almost a quarter of a century some other dev would have walked right up to the line of IP infringement and given all those creepy adults a game geared towards them. Indie games do the same for literally every other popular type of old Nintendo-era game. Hell the creators of Mega Man and Castlevania and Banjo Kazooie all said that's what they wanted to do on Kickstarter and got like $1 million + each.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Woolie Wool posted:

You're laying the whole "ironic self-loathing nerd pretending to be mainstream" thing on too thick. Remember that everyone here paid :10bux: to post on an internet forum.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

• Locked thread