Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
I really feel Boetsch could have hung around in the bottom half of the top 10 and knocked off the occasional top 5 guy if he'd moved out to train full time with Hume or at least kept doing his fight camps there. In his last several fights his head cornerman has been Marcus Davis, which is not so much a step down in quality as a plummet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Triticum Guzzler posted:

same, and i hope even if he wins he gets extra lucidity with pizza and realises he's 80 years old, walks like a nogueira, and has been knocked down a thousand times and doesn't need to keep fighting

Same

I feel like the only way Hendo's going to retire is if somebody very close to him really strongarms him into it or he has a performance that's so bad he can't lie to himself about it in the way fighters always do. I really hope it's the former because I really don't want to see the latter.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Bluedeanie posted:

If anything was going to do that, it would have been the Cormier fight.

Maybe a similar performance from someone on Boetsch's level will get through.

With the Cormier fight he got manhandled by a guy undefeated at heavy, he could very easily say it's not reflective of how he'll do back at middle.

Fighters are adept at self-deception. It's hard to step into the cage with a man that wants to punch you to death without it.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

PeteRoseHaircut posted:

I have a trip to Vegas to 189 on the line tonight on Draftkings. Went Boetsch, Ortega, Poirier, Soto, Proctor.

How screwed am I?

Whenever your question about "how screwed am I" involves the work "parlay" the answer is "very"

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Can I continue calling Justin Edwards "Randy Junior" because he looks more like Randy than Ryan does

• Locked thread