Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Hot 1, Cold -1, Volatile 2, Dark -1
Harm 1/4 | Experience 5/5 | Conditions: Brazen, Embarrassed, Hulked Out

I tried to take a couple deep breaths to force the beast down, but no, it was too late. The beast was awake again and the only way I could hope to avoid doing any more damage was to get outside, to get away from everybody. So I repeatedly clenched my hands as I strolled down the hallway, hoping that nothing else would disturb me. Of course I had to run into Wendy, sitting down with her head in her hands. I don't know what to think or what to say so I stared at her for several seconds before I forced myself to speak.

"So ... Wendy." Was all I managed to say before my brain shut down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Find ya prompts here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3724319&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=3#post446378849
(linked in case I edit stuff)

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe

Hot:0 Cold:1 Volatile:-1 Dark:1
Harm: 0/4 Exp: 2/5 Conditions: Terrified

BallisticClipboard posted:

Yard
Cally - Aaron moves his hands to his lap. "I don't know what you've gotten into and I still think you should go to somebody." He goes quiet. "I'll keep it a secret but if something bad happens to you . . ." He shakes his head, "Just try not to panic. Mistakes happen when you panic." He leans against the wall. "What I wanted to talk about seems really insignificant now. It's . . . Well, me and Selena we . . ." He sighs and shakes his head again. "You doing anything after school? I don't feel like just heading home today." You've heard a rumor about him and Selena, what was it? What do you do?

Everyone - Lunch is over. Classes and a sense of normalcy resumes. The 7 of you share the last class. Your choices are Drama, art or Physical Education or something else. (You talk it out.) How do your classes before then play out?

"Yes, not panicking, good idea." I smile, regaining some of my composure at his suggestion, but I watch as he kind of shrinks away and mutters something about him and Selena, his girlfriend. Or, well, so the rumor mill went. Maybe something happened? Oh no, poor Aaron, he didn't deserve that. Tentatively, I reach out and pat his shoulder. "Oh, yeah, well, me and a few of my, uhm, classmates, we were going to go to the beach! Did you want to uhm, come, or something?"

My phone makes a vrrt vrrt noise and shakes in my purse. Hope has responded to my message! How exciting and weird human technology was a thing that did a lot of stuff, it still kind of wowed me.

I pulled out the phone with a little smile and wrote a text message back.

quote:

Hello Hope! I am glad Eve isn't hitting anybody, but I am not glad that she's still being weird. A chill place tomorrow? I w

Oh crap it cut me off again! I quickly typed another text.

quote:

Hello again Hope! My phone cut me off. Sorry. A chill place tomorrow? I would love to! Is it ok if my friend Aaron joins u

Darn it! Try again.

quote:

Hello again again Hope! My phone cut me off again. Sorry. Is it ok if my friend Aaron joins us at the beach? He's had a b

Oh no not again! I was just going to leave it. Hopefully that was enough of the message. I look at the time on my phone which also worked like a clock which was interesting. "Oh shoot, sorry Aaron, my next class is about to start. I don't want to be late!" The teacher said she'd dock points for late people and I don't want to lose points! I'm not sure what the points were for, but, it was important to get a lot of them, I bet. I hugged Aaron for a second and smiled, then got up and jogged off. "Beach later!" I called back to remind him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rest of the classes had been boring and kind of...bleh. But I was good at them. I managed to get all my homework done and everything! I thought it was kind of weird that paper was trees. Serenity always said it was sad that they got cut down to be turned into paper, which I guess it kind of was but I honestly don't have a lot of experience with trees, so. Not before I came here, so I guess I never really thought about it. I was mostly thinking about what Aaron said - not to panic. I guess I shouldn't, even though Eve was some sort of freaky monster, I had to keep my cool, right? Maybe I could find an opening or a weakness or something at the beach that would let me get my pelt back. That was something to look out for. Or...or maybe I could get Hope to hang out with Eve, but keep an eye on things, to make sure Eve didn't do anything awful to her. If she gave me my pelt back I could always tell the truth then! Before I left! That's a good idea. That's what I'll go with!

I really liked Physical Education, it was simple, I was pretty good at it, too. But the swimming unit kind of made me unhappy - they put all this nasty stuff in the water that made it burn and smell funny! Clore Een or something, I didn't like it. Much better at the beach where I could swim and surf and not have everything burn and itch after.

So, drama was okay, then. I sat down next to Hope - happily Eve hadn't gotten there yet, and I grabbed her arm. "Hey, at the beach later, I need to talk to you - just you, okay?" I wasn't sure what I was going to say yet. But I needed to do SOMETHING about the Eve situation. I couldn't tell her yet, but, well, I could at least tell her I wanted to tell her!

I was kind of pressing up against her as I leaned in to whisper to her, I hope she didn't mind!

Accidentally turning on Hope, +1 from Out of the Loop

2d6+1: 8 (2d6=2, 5)

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jun 10, 2015

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Hot -1, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark 2
Harm 2-1/4 | Experience 0+2/5 | Conditions: Terrified, reasonable, drained
Tokens: old tennis ball (Zack), weird faerie stone thingy (Hope)

poo poo, can't a guy even daydream in peace? Seems the Devil's watching over Eve pretty closely. I'm not quite sure what to make of the paper he showed me - was that a contract or something? - but I think I got the message; Eve is in this thing's debt, and she hasn't paid it off yet. Or maybe she is the debt? Same difference. Point is, he's the guy on the throne, and he can yank that chain whenever he wants. And that means that either Eve acts like a psycho because this thing is making her, or that this is just her normal, and she could be even worse if the guy demanded it. I really don't want to have to deal with either of those scenarios. poo poo, I know when I'm in over my head. Just need to find a way to back out and -

Back to reality. Nurse's office. Ice pack in my hand. I press it against my face. Penny is there, calling me Frank. Huh. One of the others must have told her my name, I guess. Nobody ever makes it past the first syllable. And...yep, she wants me to snitch. Real subtle. I might be shattered but I'm not that out of it. "She's his girlfriend, now? They moved fast. Guess adrenaline 'll do that, huh?" I give a big stretch and do my best too look casual, though it's a bit tricky with an ice pack in my hand. "I mean, it got pretty crazy in advisory. I figured you'd be busy stitching Zack up after he fell over. Like, there was blood everywhere when we brought him here." I catch Eve's eye. She'd better be grateful for this. "I wasn't feeling too bad then, didn't want to be any trouble." I do my best not to smirk. "I don't know how I ended up like this." That's even sort of true!

I give Eve a sharp look, then I close my eyes, lean back, and sigh. "I'm just glad these sweet ladies were around to help a guy in need."

Turn On Eve with icy sangfroid
(2:48:01 PM) Gato: !r 2d6 +1
(2:48:02 PM) Krysmbot: GatoWork, 7 +1 = 8

Turn On Hope with smiles and gratitude
(2:48:47 PM) Gato: !r 2d6 -1
(2:48:48 PM) Krysmbot: GatoWork, 9 -1 = 8

2x Turn On Combo!! Promise/string/give self. Marking xp for Cold and Hot. Hell yes. Also, healing 1 harm.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Hot 2 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark 1
Harm 0/4 Exp 5/5 Conditions: Out of the loop

While I'm carrying Franklin with Eve, I think back to on the roof. Does she feel that way? That the light of the world just avoids her? Wow, I'd really be wound up too, if I thought that was true... And there's been a lot of fighting going on right now. Maybe it's something in the water?

...Or maybe she's hiding something with her and Franklin? OH! That's it! I read about it before I came here. Teens sometimes hit people they like! She hit him because she liiiiikes him!
Take my +1 forward to getting them to hook up with each other

I look at her, smiling, and say, "I'm glad you apologized. And I'm sorry about back on the roof. That was mean of me. Just so you know, I don't think you're an awful person or anything. I've hung out with you enough to know you're actually a nice person." I use my free hand to rub her shoulder a little as I look into her her eyes and say, "I hope you know you're a nice person, too."

Turn on the jerk: 2d6+3 7

Once we drop him off, Franklin comes back around. Man, he's really chill and cute, too. I see why Eve likes him so much!

Still, I should them be alone, so they can work it out. I just say with a grin, "Oh, well, I'll let you two be alone for now. See you in class!" As I'm leaving, I notice that she's got one of those scrying stones in her desk. That's... really odd. I'll have to keep a look out for more around school.
Giving what she thinks he wants. Alone time with girl crushing on him!

After I leave the office, my phone starts buzzing. A lot! Cally's still working on texting. I giggle as I read them. She wants to bring her friend? That's great! Wait, um. Maybe not. I know Serenity was looking forward to getting to relax like we usually do, and I think her friend might not be ok with that! But Cally knows that's what Serenity is like, right? So she wouldn't ask if she didn't think he'd be ok with it! I text back "If you think he'd have a good time, then yeah! Sounds like fun! :D"

----------------

Thankfully, the rest of classes go smoothly. I'd done a lot of reading before I came, but I think I might have over done it. Like, there's no real philosophy on the required reading at all! Man, I feel silly for reading Leviathan now...

At least we're doing Shakespeare in Drama, though! And I hear it's Romeo and Juliet! Maybe I'll get to kiss someone on stage! That'd be really fun.

I'm still daydreaming about it when Cally grabs my and pulls me up against her. She feels really nice, but she's shaking a little. Something's wrong. I say, "Of course, Cally. We're friends!" I pull her up against me and hug her saying, "Whatever's bothering you, I'll do what I can to help. Promise!" I rub her arms a little to keep her from shaking and give her a smile. Hopefully, I can help her with what's bothering her.
Turn on the scared girl: 2d6+3 12
Taking wingman. Gonna need it to get Franklin and Eve together like they should be!

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jun 10, 2015

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Hot -1,Cold -1, Volatile 2, Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 0+1/5 | Conditions: Buzzkill, Pervert, Mean
Debt to Emissary: 1/5

Wow, Hope thinks I'm a nice person? That...makes me pretty happy. I smile back. "Thanks." I look into her eyes. Dammit, if only we were in private! Oh well. "I got kind of mad earlier - I won't hit Serenity again, don't worry."

Promising to not hurt Serenity, marking XP for Lure

But then she walks off and says she'll let the two of us talk? Wait what? Does she understand Frank wants something? I think. He was mumbling my name and asking "Why?" so, I guess we do need to talk. I look at the nurse. "Oh not many really. Just a bit of an odd day." Frank is giving me a look and saying Zack fell over. I wait for Penny to finish up. Once she's done, I can bring him to class and see what's going on with him and Em. "Let me know when you feel ready to head to class Frank," I say. Hopefully he gets the hint, since we'll be alone until then.

Promising a talk with Franklin on the way to class

I hope she hurries up. She's kind of weirding me out. Just...too cheerful. There's people who are normally happy and bubbly and poo poo but Penny feels...hmm...it feels like an act. The more I think about it, the more it's creeping me out. While she works on Frank, I sit down in a chair and begin to focus.

Way back when I was younger and learning things from Em, he taught me something valuable. "You have a gift, Eve." He would say. "If you would take the time to use it every now and then instead of just running into things, maybe you'd learn the value of blah blah blah." Okay so I never listened to him much, but it turns out he was right about it being something useful. Just takes a while, honestly. And requires a lot of focus and even then it's not really 100% reliable. But what the hell, I'm waiting for Frank to be done and it's really striking me as bizarre as to how much Penny is beginning to unnerve me. So there's something about her, obviously.

I start clearing my mind. Hope, Serenity, Frank and Em, school, the upcoming drama class...all that is gone from my thoughts for now. Right now, I need to think about Penny. What is with her? Is she really that nice and happy, or is it some kind of act?

Gaze Into The Abyss: 2d6+1 9
Visions are confusing and alarming

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Harm 1/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions: Brazen, Embarrassed, Hulked Out

Oh god, oh god, oh god, oh god, ohgodohgodohgod. What is going on? Why is this happening to me. I can barely even think; I can barely even breath. The smell of blood, of flesh is overwhelming me and I am strapped, unable to move, unable to flee, and unable to fight. Then there is the body in the corner, though if I was honest the term I would use would be corpse. And then all I can feel is pain as a scalpel slams into my shoulder and I roar in agony. Then my eyes open again and I find myself on the floor, sweating as though I had just run a marathon. I almost lash out on pure instinct against the person who jolted me awake but thankfully the familiar tone keeps me in check until my brain can get in gear and recognize the person above me as my sister.

"Hey Jessica." I say softly as I pull myself up to a seating position trying my best to show either my pain or my previous terror. Of course she doesn't buy it, she has known me for my entire life so of course she can see when I am so clearly not okay. I manage to stand up with some effort but the real obstacle is still my sister is quite firmly standing in my way. "My day has been kind of hectic and I would be more then happy to talk about it, but can we please do it later?" She sighs at me disapprovingly but in the end she nods her head and steps slightly to the side. Forcing myself to not let how out of it I am feeling I slowly walk past her and get ready to deal with the rest of the day.

----------------------------------------------

The rest of the day went by as best it could. I wanted to try and sort some things out but there just never seemed to be enough time. The classes themselves were fine, nothing too exciting but after what happened at the start of the day I was more then happy to have a nice and easy end of the day after getting into a full out brawl with both Jacob and Eve. Ugh, that was something to think about. I still felt worried about how something seemed to be up with her but all I could do today was not show that I am more then a few screws loose but to actually take a drat swing at her. Whatever, that is something to worry about later. In fact almost everything can be dealt with later as I fear that a bigger issue will be coming up soon. I have felt less in control of myself today then I had since just after I was bitten and that had me worried. In the next couple days I need to let it stretch its legs or else I will end up quite literally killing somebody and whilst there was one or two people I could not care less about, that was enough people who I did that I could not risk that happening.

Sitting down at my desk when we started Drama caused me to groan. Why oh why do I have to take bloody drama? I get enough of it in my own life already and with my class I would not be surprised if it ended up like a drat Shakespeare tragedy. With nothing else to do I leaned back in my seat as I waited for the teacher to begin talking.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm 1/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Terrified, reasonable, drained

After all that, Hope just up and disappears, leaving me with Eve. Hah. And she's determined to accompany me to class. Oh God. Well, maybe it's fate. I'm not in much of a state to do anything about it, either way. My cheek has stopped stinging (though I can feel a bruise forming) and my chest is aching a lot less, but I'm still all kinds of exhausted. I wait as long as I can in the nurse's office before Penny makes it clear that I should go to class.

I've thought through the situation a bit more carefully. I have to leave Eve alone, that much is obvious. I don't know what I'll do if she starts making trouble for Zack or anyone, but I can't risk pissing off her... handler. But I'm not going to leave my back open, not without some kind of leverage. Which means I'll need to get another token. The devil didn't give me any trouble until I tried to use magic on Eve, so if I do this the old-fashioned way I should be ok.

I walk with Eve in silence for a while. Normally, I'd fake a limp, maybe cough loudly. But Eve's still on edge (is she ever not on edge?) and I don't know what I'd tell Penny if I ended up back there again. She must be pretty suspicious already.

"So. You've got me to yourself. Did you want something? I know we said truce, but, uh, I can't help wondering if this is all an elaborate setup to beat up a cripple. If it is, could you try and avoid my face?" Let's hope this isn't too painful, literally or otherwise.

Gato fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jun 10, 2015

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Hot 2, Cold 0, Volatile -1, Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: Crazy

It's bad enough that the entire school thinks I'm crazy now, but Zack...Zack must have stuff going on. He's clearly had a bad day. I can't really get down on him for ignoring me - I mean, he did say hello! He just had to go. Maybe we'll catch up later today.

I wipe my tears on my sleeve and hurry to the bathroom to do my best sixty-second cleanup before my next class. Today has to get better. It just has to.

Marking XP for Excuses Are My Armour.

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Eve - Penny stares at you. "You've done a lot today. Created a lot of work for me." She takes on a sinister appearance. "You're really a piece of work." There's suddenly a scalpel in her hand. "The people you've beat up. They're not going to say anything. But I know." She turns and drives the scalpel into Frank's chest and starts cutting him to ribbons. Blood spills onto the floors. "And I will be forced to do something if you keep this up. Kids . . ." Frank is screaming in pain. "I know and I will remember." She's standing in front of you, covered in blood, scalpel still in hand. "Don't forget, I won't . . ." Your eyes shoot open. She's still looking over Frank. He groans in pain and she teases. What do you do?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: Buzzkill, Pervert, Mean

poo poo gently caress what the hell is wrong with this woman. If she comes near me I'm loving decking her, I don't give a poo poo what anyone thinks.

Hold Steady: 2d6-1 10
Choosing to remove Mean

I blink a few times. Oh thank god, it's gone now. And Frank is ready to leave? Good, I want to get the hell out of here. When he's ready, I practically haul him out.

I'm still trying to figure out what the gently caress that was about when he speaks up. "What? No. No, that's not it. Although I'd like it if you didn't take anything else of mine." I pause, trying to think of what to say next. Well, if he got Em's attention he probably knows something's up. "So...what exactly did you do, Frank?"

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

What did I do? There's only one thing she could be asking about - I've barely been out of her sight since poo poo started going down in advisory, and I don't think she cares about my getting bitch slapped by Wendy. What am I supposed to say? Ok. poo poo. This is bad, but I've managed bigger lies before. Just gotta bluff and deny everything and -

Hold Steady
(12:53:25 AM) Gato: !r 2d6 +1
(12:53:26 AM) Krysmbot: GatoBadInternet, 4 +1 = 5

poo poo. No, dammit. I can't think of anything. This isn't going to work. I've got to tell her the truth. The Devil knows, and, sure, he hasn't told her yet, but he could, any time he wanted. If I told her... well, that chips away at his advantage, just a bit. Ok. Deep breath.

"Ok, I'm only going to say this once. I'll say it, then you can call me whatever word for crazy works best for you. I know about your deal, you know, the one with, like... the Devil." God, it sounds so stupid. I force myself to press on. "Look, I wanted to get back at you for hurting me and Zack in class. So I grabbed your glasses case and I was going to, like..." Just keep going. "Like, just a magic trick. Don't ask. Long story. But your master boss, he didn't like it. Made that pretty obvious." Close save there. "So now he's got something of mine, that gives him power over me and, look, I know when I'm in over my head. So you tell him... tell him he wins. You can do what the gently caress you like, I'm not gonna get in your way. Just leave me out of it, ok?"

Well, I said it. That happened. Another bad idea jumps into my head. Why the hell not? I look desperate enough already. "Also, if you could get my card back from him for me, I'd be really grateful. Like, seriously grateful."

Offering experience if Eve gets Franklin's card back.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm 0/4 | Experience 1+1/5 | Conditions: Buzzkill, Pervert

"...Just a magic trick, huh?" I don't buy it. But at least he isn't going to try and do that poo poo again. I hope. I mean, I have my own tricks if he does. "Well, you're lucky it didn't work. Even if he's not exactly the Devil." Pretty sure anyway - who knows who Em works for. But if Frank is that freaked out, maybe telling him something to ease him a little might make him less likely to freak out and do something stupid like try to cast magic on me or whatever again.

"As for your card, I can see if he's willing to give it back, but I can't guarantee anything."

Taking the XP

"Anyway, as long as you aren't getting in my way I'm fine staying out of yours. That's about it really." I look up. "Well, here's my class. See you. Or not. Whatever." I head inside.

------------------------

The rest of the day goes by smoothly. Gives me a chance to relax, and look forward to Drama. Not really into acting, but it's a pretty easy class. Also, Hope is in it. While we're busy in English reading, I drop Em a line.

~So, any chance of you giving Frank back his card? He seemed pretty freaked out, and maybe if I give it to him he'll be willing to do stuff for me in the future. Could work out.~ Like maybe dealing with that nurse. I don't think I'm ever going back there again.

When I enter Drama, I see Cally and Hope talking. Really close together. Okay then. I slide in right next to Hope.

"Hey Hope! How was your day?"

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm: 0/4 Exp: 3/5 Conditions: Terrified

Hope's comforting is...well..comforting! I let her rub my arms, and I smile. I kind of wanted to hug her? Was that weird. I'm going to do it anyway.

Just as I do that though, Eve sits down on the other side of her, and I freeze. Could Hope feel me shaking? Is that why she was rubbing my arms? Oh god Eve was going to do something terrible I knew it I just knew it!

Holding steady

<WorkWorser> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> WorkWorser, 6+1 = 7

Going to just keep my cool, here

But no, it wasn't anything she can't think anything's happening obviously I'm on her side. I smile tentatively at Eve as I straighten myself out and sink back into my chair. I just wanted my pelt back, couldn't she understand that? Eve and Serenity and Shelly and Aaron were all nice, but..I just wanted to go home. I didn't want to have to worry about Eve and her stupid shadow monster thing, I didn't want to have to deal with walking everywhere and being all dried out and sitting for all this long time of everything, I wanted to be swimming and with my family, and free to go up and down and chase fish and sing! - why couldn't I just go home?

But...what was so special about Hope to Eve, anyway? Why was she so interested in her? Was it because she was a horrible shadow monster? I kind of let my mind wander. I wanted to know why Hope was special so I could know how to protect her.

Gazing!

<LifeGetsWorser> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 7+1 = 8

I will be more confused and disturbed, please. And I will mark xp.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Hot 0 Cold -1 Volatile 1 Dark 1
Harm 1/4 Experience 1/5 Conditions Lazy, Dances with Wolves

I look up from resting my head in my arms to see the others have started coming into class. This was another easy class. I don't get why everyone complains about school work. Tell you how to do everything and then ask you to do it. Figuring things out is the hardest part. If only there was a class for city life. Maybe a friend from around here will help me. I love Hope and Cally but we're not helping each other survive this wilderness. Eve sits down three seats over. Well maybe she can show me what's the deal with the city while I open her up to nature, yeah?

"Hey Eve. You were in with us for the beach right?" I give her a big grin. "It's a great place to chill out proper. You know you could just head there with us after school. You don't need to stop home and get your suit if it's just us." I don't just want her there, she needs to take the dive. Got to get someone with one foot in each world.

Turn on 6+1 7 tagging pervert, inviting her to show off

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jun 11, 2015

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: Crazy

I'd never done Drama before; it's just that it sounded so much better than Art or whatever. Walking in for the first time, after the day I've had, is like a trial. I don't recognize anyone - and then I see those three girls. Eve and Hope and...Kylie? Carrie? Whatever. They're all curled up together in a group, gossiping or whatever. I "casually" walk down the row behind them and sit one or two seats away - close enough to hear, far enough that they might not notice me. I close my eyes and breathe, trying to leave the day behind me.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Buzzkill, Pervert

Is...is...Serenity serious? I guess she did mention about Hope liking to go naked, but, uh. That might be a bit too much right now. I really hope no one is listening in on this.

"Uh, no! No! It's fine. It won't take too long."

Giving Serenity a String on Eve

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Harm 0/4 Exp 1/5 Conditions:

I say to Eve, "Oh, it's been fine. How about you? You and Franklin getting along?" I ask with a smile? Oh man, I'm so glad I figured it out. Everything make sense now.

I'm a little disappointed that Eve wants to go get her suit before we go swimming, but I guess if it makes her feel better... I just give Serenity a shrug of, "Well, what can you do?"

Still, we chat a little until I notice Wendy is lurking a few rows back. ...Man, she looks really down in the dumps. I wave to her and gesture towards a closer seat, if she wants to take it. Then, I turn back around and just lean back in the chair for a moment, wondering about where would be a good place to suggest we go for her spook hunting tonight...

Gaze into the Abyss: 2d6+1 10
Clear visions that cure me.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: Terrified

Hope and I play a little back-and-forth - I want to make certain that she's not just making a perfunctory offer. Seeing her smile, I jump over the back of the seats and slam down beside her. It makes a hell of a noise - I am shocked out of my mind. Whatever crazy poo poo I'd been subject to, now I'm just absolutely petrified by who might have noticed my gaffe!

Hold Steady: 2d6+0 7 Exchanging Crazy for Terrified.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Afternoon classes are a drag, as usual, but nothing interesting happens. I spend the time zoning out and thinking about Eve. Not like that. She seemed sincere when she said she'd try and get the card back, which is about all I could ask for. I'm sure any offer I get will come with strings attached, but, well, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. As for getting a token of my own... it's gonna be tricky. She'll be on her guard if I try any more sleight of hand around her, and she knows about my talent for getting into lockers. Eventually, I give up. Just gotta wait for the opportunity. And the more time I spend thinking about this stuff, the more likely it is her boss will notice.

Finally, we make it to Drama. The perfect, stress-free way to finish the day, brought to you by our sponsor Bill the Bard. As I walk in, I overhear Hope talking to Eve, Serenity and Cally about going swimming. There's an appealing image. And Eve's guaranteed to be distracted and out of the way. Maybe that's my opportunity to visit her locker? Then Wendy comes clattering in next to Hope. Talk about making an entrance. It takes all my mental strength not to say anything, or even look her way. All my strength...

Hold Steady
(1:01:22 PM) Gato: !r 2d6 +1
(1:01:23 PM) Krysmbot: Gato, 4 +1 = 5

Nope, I can't help snickering. "Smooth moves, girl. You know how to get a guy's attention, I'll give you that."

Shut Down
(1:05:28 PM) Gato: !r 2d6 +1
(1:05:29 PM) Krysmbot: Gato, 9 +1 = 10
She gets the condition Attention Seeker

Dammit. I sit down next to Zack before she can give me a matching bruise. Might as well make this as awkward as possible. The guy looks pretty stressed out. Clearly, I've missed out on some lowercase-d drama. I keep my voice low, but not too low.

"Hey, big guy. Penny said you and Braveheart" - I nod in Wendy's direction - "have got something going on. You move fast, man! Care to share?"

Gato fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Jun 11, 2015

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Scene 3 - Drama; Session Finale

The teacher, Mr. DeMarcus (He also accepts Mr.D) has started a lecture going over the basics of stage performance: Subtle motions don't show up well, Exaggerate your body motions and goddamn make sure you enunciate. He's a lively man who's constantly gesturing while he speaks. There are about 20 of you in this class. The classroom has audience seating with a large open area behind it. There are some props in the back near his desk. Tell me something about him. Tell me about one other student in this class. What do you do during his lecture?

Eve - Em speaks back to you, "You're only saying this because you don't know what he was attempting. Moreover, why should I give up one in the hand for two in the bush? Is this boy suddenly special to you now?" He chuckles, "And I don't see the problem you have with the nurse. She's seems quite pleasant to me." What do you do?

Hope - Your mind is drawn back to Golden Gate Park. To you and your fellow fae kin playing. It's not quite ghosts but it could be fun to share this experience. What do you do?

Cally - You're standing in a void. One half light, one half dark. On the white side, Hope. On the dark, Eve. Eve pushing and clawing at the border unable to reach over but Hope is reaching for Eve. Eve motions for you and your body moves against your will. You move behind Hope and push her towards Eve. The two get closer and closer and closer until they touch and embrace. It's almost sweet but you notice that Eve is attached to a chain. You follow it to the shadow. And While Hope is distracted, the shadow moves behind her and chains her up as well. What do you do?

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm: 0/4 Exp: 4/5 Conditions: Terrified

I snapped out of my vision with a start as I stare at Eve cozying up to Hope. I...I couldn't let her have her way! What sort of friend would I be if I only thought about myself? She was trying to corrupt Hope! Hope was a beautiful, friendly, great person and Eve wanted to make her petty and cruel and violent like herself! I couldn't let her! I got up, ignoring Mr. D's lecture (I'm sorry Mr. D I know it's rude I know you hate rudeness) and I glared at Eve. Should I say something, should I tell her I know what she is and I won't allow her to get her way?

Or should I just show her?

I sprung, like I was going to tackle her out of her chair but my feet, my stupid human feet I HATEMYHUMANFEET got all tangled up and I just fell, at her feet, with a thud.

Shelly, at the other end of the room, got up with a concerned shout "CALLY!?" interrupting the class even further. Oh, poor Shelly, I'm sorry I should just be friends with you all of this Eve stuff is too much for me.

Gonna lash out at Eve!
I was tagging Pervert here, but...
<LifeGetsWorser> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 3 = 3
<LifeGetsWorser> WELP
<LifeGetsWorser> krysmbot why
<LifeGetsWorser> why have you forsaken me?

marking Xp for rolling volatile

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jun 11, 2015

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

DeMarcus says I have talent for acting. Inhibitions are the biggest obstacle for it. But I don't like so many people looking at me specifically. And I don't really understand the things the characters do. He's been pretty frustrated trying to get me to 'cultivate the skill to exploit that talent.' I'm focusing on what he says about gestures. I need to really focus on lectures or I just lose track of everything. But Cally takes a nasty spill. Since I was sitting next to her I get to her first. "Cally, man, are you okay? Do you need to go to the nurse?"

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

I jump a little at the loud noise, but Wendy seems ok. I say, "Oh! Before I forget. Did you still want to go" I glance around to make sure no one else is listening. She seemed kinda private about it, after all. "ghost hunting tonight? Because we could go to the park tonight. I know lots of spooky stuff happens there!"

Jenna, the Girl Scout, takes a seat near the back of the class. She's normally really into classes, but she thinks that Mr. DeMarcus is a creep. There's rumors he's not going to last the year before getting sacked, but I'm sure it's just people being mean. Honestly, I think he's nice, and he's supposed to be really good at his job! Also, all the props are so cool! He's even got a starter pistol that's for gunshots on stage. I mean, guns aren't cool, but fake guns for plays are.

Wendy's about to say something when Cally takes a tumble. I jump, surprised, and then turn around. I glare at Eve for a second, but she looks just as surprised. I really shouldn't be that unforgiving. She's trying to be nice. I give her a weak smile and mouth sorry. Then, I bend down and join Serenity in helping her up.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Shelly was half way across the room by the time either Hope or Serenity were able to react, so the three of them helped me up. I gave a kind of embarrassed smile. "Oh, I...uh...my feet got away from me..." I say, my voice was kind of warbly...

"No way Cally, we gotta get you to the nurse! I'll take her ok?" Shelly offers. Wow, she was really worried about me! She was a nice friend, which was pretty cool. But I didn't want to leave Serenity and especially Hope alone with Eve. "No, I'm okay Shelly, really. Everybody, I'm...I'm fine." I smile a bit brighter. It was forced, a little. I didn't want to smile but I had to because I had to make sure everybody was safe. I let myself be led only as far as my chair, which I sit back down in, waving off any further concern.

A pause, the rest of the class is still looking. I kind of stare back, nervous. "Oh...uh...go ahead Mr. D, I'm sorry for interrupting."

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Buzzkill, Pervert

What? Is Em seriously thinking I like Frank? No. No way. But I think I'm going to get some more clarification on that "magic trick" he tried to pull before attempting to convince Em any more. Or maybe he can come up with a good reason himself. It's his card after all. He's talking to Zack at the moment, so I'll have to wait. Also I don't know if it's more worrying that either Em thinks the nurse is great or that he doesn't actually know what's up with her.

And now even Hope is asking about me and Frank? What? "Oh, uh, fine I guess."

Right now, Mr. D is trying to get Carmen to actually speak up. I don't know why she took this class, she barely speaks up and mumbles when it's time to act out a part. It's bad enough to feel second hand embarrassment. But either Mr. D is really really patient, or maybe it just being the last class means he's done for the day and doesn't care too much at this point.

Then Cally jumps up, glares at me, and then falls over at my feet. "Uh, you okay there Cally?" What the gently caress was up with that? Guess that's another talk I need to have with someone. She's supposed to help me, but she was acting weird earlier today too. I hope she's not getting any ideas, I might have to remind her whose in charge. Actually, since we all have a moment why don't I see if she actually trying something or is just an idiot? I pretend to look at the script for the Shakespeare play. Wow, how in the hell are you even supposed to memorize all this dumb bullshit? Hope seems to like it though. Maybe -

Okay, never mind that. Focus, Eve. I clear my thoughts of everything but Cally. Cally, Cally, Cally...what are you up to?

Gaze Into The Abyss: 2d6+1 11
Choosing the visions are lucid and detailed, and the visions cure me of Pervert

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Harm 1/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: Brazen, Embarrassed, Hulked Out

I was ready for a simple class, just one brief moment of sanity before I just lost it. Mr.D is generally good enough at picking up when students are in bad moods so I was unlikely to have to worry about doing anything too hard due to him. Of course nothing could save me from Frank. It was clear that the day had not been kind to him either but instead of just trying to lay low he was still determined to needle everybody around him. So of course he had to confound it by calling Wendy out on her less then graceful entrance before following it up by asking about us two being a couple. That issue was already confusing enough without having Franks less then subtle jabs about the whole issue. Not thinking about how he could have found out that piece of information I let out a soft growl as I turned to face him.

"Frank, I am just not in the mood right now, so can you please just ask me later." I try to make it sound as though I am just tired, but to those who are listening it is quite clear just how unsettled I am about everything which of course will only make things worse.

Of course to make thinks worse it seems as though Cally just failed to launch herself at Eve. Just what on earth is she thinking? Surely she remembers just how violent Eve can be and yet she is more then willing to go after her? I knew she was out of it but there is a difference between being clueless and being drat suicidal. At this point I just buried my hand in my hands and tried to take some deep breaths before anything else went nuts. Of course Mr.D will not notice this and not try to funnel this drama into his damned class. It is funny enough when it isn't me but I feel like if he tries to publicize this current spat then blood will flow.

Shut Down Frank: 2d6-1 4One exp for highlighted stat usage

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Eve - Cally is all that's in your brain. You're standing over her, lording her oh-so-important coat over her. She knows your task to get it back. She looks up but, not at you, she staring at the Emissary. She's staring steel collar in his hand with the name Hope engraved in it. What do you do?

Zach - Mr. DeMarcus notices you and says, "Zachary, If you feel like speaking then you've just been volunteered to do some improv." They always catch the retaliation don't they. "And your partner will be . . ."

Cally - Mr. DeMarcus glances at you, "Cally. Cally, if you say you're really okay and since you're already here, why don't you join Zach and the two of you will act something out?"

He starts asking for suggestions for a scene. He jots a few down and looks at the two of you, "Alright, Cally and Zack, you are broken up lovers trying to get back together. Do whatever feels natural. And the rest of you, be ready, because I might call on you next." What do you do?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

I grin at the announcement. Cally's one of my best friends and all, but this is just going to be hilarious. And with Zach, too! I don't take my eyes off the pair of them while I whisper to Eve, "So, you're going home to get some clothes for the beach, right? Did you have a place in mind for dinner after? Just as a heads up, Serenity's a vegan, so we'd have to go somewhere she could get something to eat." When Eve doesn't answer, I look over to see her looking slightly pale. I frown and ask, "Are you feeling ok?"

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Buzzkill

So. Cally knows, somehow. How are people finding this out? Goddammit. Okay, well, I guess I can use the fact that I know she knows to scare her into submission. Right. I'll just find her after school and make sure she stops whatever the gently caress she's trying to do.

It's hard to think about her much though, because...Em. With that collar. He wouldn't...well...poo poo. No, it's fine I'll just...I dunno, work something out with him. Yeah.

I realize Hope is looking at me and asking if I'm okay. "What? Oh. Yeah, I'm fine. Sorry. Was trying to, uh," I look at the script we were supposed to be reading. "Trying to understand this, and I kind of drifted off." I see Cally and Zach are up for improv. Well, at least I'll have something to laugh at.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Terrified, Attention Seeker

After the bullying, things return to normal (for the time being). I lean in between Hope and Eve, lowering my voice so that Mr. DeMarcus can't hear over the improv. "Are you guys grabbing dinner?" I level my best smile at Eve, flashing my eyes and doing my best 'insufferably cute.' "I know a great organic rice bowl place in by my house in Cole Valley. Maybe we could all meet up?"

Turn Eve On: 2d6+2 10 Mark XP and take a String on Eve.

Zurui fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jun 13, 2015

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm 0/4 | Experience 1+1/5 | Conditions: Buzzkill

gently caress

Why is everyone trying to invite themselves along to what I was planning to be a possible maybe date with Hope? For a second, I'm thrown off by her smile though. Dammit. I turn around and briefly glare at Wendy while Hope's attention is on Zack and Cally. Can't really do or say anything with Hope right here though, but she should get the message.

"Oh! Yeah, sure. We were planning on it just being us. And Serenity. But if you actually want to come with us..."

Shut Wendy Down: 2d6 5 Includes +1 from Terrified
Marking XP for rolling Cold

edit: Had 1 less XP then I thought since I already got XP from Lure once in scene 2

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jun 12, 2015

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

My mind goes blank and I look across the room at Zach (the second scariest person in the room) and then quickly back at my friends. What even is an improv? What does that mean!?

Oh no this is horrifying this isn't something I can ask what do I do what do I do!?

<LifeGetsWorser> holding steadyyyyy
<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 7+1 = 8

Cally keeps her cool.

Ok, so my eyes were wide and unblinking, I could feel that, but I stood up and kind of...approached the center of the room. This was acting right? You were in front of everybody like on the tella-vision boxes? I offered a smile to Zach. Don't just leave me standing up here by myself and please please please don't hit me! I thought at him. He couldn't hear me, of course, but I was kind of tensely holding my hands at my sides he had to catch my body language right? Humans couldn't conceivably be that bad at body language.

"W...well...come on already..." I finally said to him as the seconds passed. Oh no he wasn't going to chicken out was he was I going to fail the class!?!

<LifeGetsWorser> turn on!
<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 4+1 = 5

Tagged Embarrassed for the +1, still nothing, so uh.

Oh no he wasn't moving and I was just standing here!

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions:

I smile knowingly at Eve. I know that Hope would invite me, Serenity has nothing against me, and Cally (that's her name!) is sweet as a button. This is just Eve working out her issues. She's had a hard day, and I'm willing to forgive her for that.

"Oh? Was that your plan? Because I just know that Serenity and Hope would love this place. Did you girls mention the beach, as well?"

Shut Eve Down: 2d6+0 10 Giving Eve the condition Cornered.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Buzzkill, Cornered

That's it.

"Oh, gently caress off" I say and then shove her out of her seat.

Lash Out At Wendy: 2d6+2 8
Wendy takes 1 Harm and loses a String on Eve

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Harm 1/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions:

I don't even know what's happening and then I'm on my rear end. Jeesus these girls are violent. At my old school, girls played violence with their words; here, the fighting seems to be as physical as it is verbal. I level my eyes at Eve. I'm a Scot and no one pushes a MacLain around. I'm not afraid of her. I'm not afraid of anyone here.

Hold Steady: 2d6+0 12 Removing Terrified.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Wendy seems like a pretty chill girl. That place sounds really tight. I was about to invite her to the beach too but Eve shoves her out of her seat. I hurry to her side and help her up. "Don't even bother with her, okay? That place sounds great." I pull her into a hug. "I'd love to chill with you at the beach too."

Shut down Eve 2. Additionally, Understanding activates to get a string on Wendy

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Jun 12, 2015

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Class: The teacher immediately stops the class and moves in between Eve and Wendy. "I don't know what's going on here but violence is not allowed in my classroom. Eve, go stand over there." Mr. DeMarcus points near the door. He and Serenity help Wendy off the ground. "Are you okay? Are you hurt?" After a brief talk he walks over to a school phone and makes a call. Moments later a school guard, a large and muscular guy, shows up and takes Eve to the office. Once she leaves, Mr. DeMarcus resumes class. What do you do?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Harm 1/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: Brazen, Embarrassed, Hulked Out

poo poo. I knew that it was risky to talk in Mr.D's class but no I had to ignore common sense to try and deal with Frank. So of course this is going to be even more embarrassing then just him muttering about me hooking up with somebody. Gritting my teeth I look over at Cally and saw her staring at me, obviously still terrified off me. This is just great. Doing this with Eve would be better because at least she actually has a backbone. I try to flash her a smile but end up just giving her one of my now trademark scowls which will surely only terrify her more.

Thankfully as I head up to join her onstage I see that once again a fight has started in our class. With Eve once again taking a central roll but this time she choices Wendy of all people to attack. Usually I would have been more upset but this gave me time to hopefully tune into my deeper senses and try to figure out a way to get this to actually work without completely embarrassing myself. So I walked over close to Cally and whispered into her ear.

"Lets just get this over with." The words themselves don't even matter as it was just an excuse to get close to her. Shutting down my nose I allowed my inner senses to kick in. To hopefully feel what makes Cally tick. As in the end acting is a lot like hunting, you have to understand your pray or in this case partner if you want to do it effectively.

Turn on Cally: 2d6+1 5

Heightened Senses: 2d6-1 8 Mark exp for using dark and with the success I reveal Cally's secret weakness

Hunt11 fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Jun 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Buzzkill, Cornered
Debt to Emissary: 1+1/5

I don't need to hear Em's typical 'tsk-tsk'ing at me. ~I know, I know. But she was really annoying, okay? I'll figure some way to talk my way out of this. Pretty sure punching this guy would get me expelled anyway~ The big guard drops me off at the office, and then heads back to go wherever he's needed. I sit on a chair for a few moments, trying to think of how to work with this situation. First, I take out my phone and send Hope a text

Text to Hope posted:

Sorry you had to see that
she was making fun of me
don't know if you realized
you still up for getting food?

Then I send a quick one to Cally

Text to Cally posted:

I know
I know you know
we need to meet up after school and discuss our partnership

I just wait a little while longer, before the door opens and I hear "Eve? Eve Austin? Come inside, now." I get up, head inside, and sit down on the chair opposite of the principal. He's staring at me, an intense aged face just watching. "Well?" He says.

"Well?"

"What do you have to say for yourself?"

"I was being provoked sir, the girl in question was making fun of me. You're right, I should not have reacted in the way I did. My behavior was unacceptable, and I shall ensure that the first thing I do when heading back is aplogi-"

"Bullshit."

I freeze. "Pardon?"

"You don't believe a word you just said. I want to know the truth, Miss Austin. I can tell when you're trying to weasel out of it."

poo poo. This is going to be harder. Well, gently caress it. I have back-up of my own. ~Hey Em, could you find something out about this guy?~

"Well sir, ah...let me gather my thoughts for a moment..."

Giving Em a String on Eve to use Uncanny Voices on the Principal. Em will tell me one of the Principal's secret fears, secret desires, or secret strengths

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Jun 12, 2015

• Locked thread