Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I said it before and I will say it again:
If you consider buying into the beta, keep this in mind. One of the first tanks you can drive is a Gavin with a hilarious gun on top.
That is all you need to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

One thing that bothers me is that HEAT does more damage and has less pentration which is 100% the opposite of what it actually is.

Or did they change that already?

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

bacon flaps posted:

I will never advance past the M113.

Holy poo poo give me an M46 Patton or something for Tier 1.

I guess this might be mitigated if there were a few thousand people online so I could get matched against poo poo I can actually hurt though.

The M113 is a good and fun tank* tho?

Armored* Vehicle
Not really

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

So wait will this be the final wipe?

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

What is the best way to communicate with goons inside the game? Can't hop on TS.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

MeatloafCat posted:

If you're on NA I can invite you to CHAI and you can use clan chat. Not sure how to setup a custom channel like in WOT.

I am on NA. IG is Michaellaneous.
Doing some PVE, having loads of fun.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

My initial inpressions are good. I only played PVE so I don't burn out on pubbies for now.

The grind is okay, after about 7 matched I got halfway into my second tank and got halfway to each of the tank trees for a trader. Before I hit any tier 3 they will all be unlocked except one or two maybe.

You can freeXP those unlock achievements as well, if you so desire.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

ndub posted:

Enjoying this so far but, not being a veteran of these kinds of games, there's a whole lot of stuff I don't understand at all.

So I need to get 2400 rep on my M113 to make more tanks available to unlock. If I play matches with the PT76 until it's rep caps out, and I start earning global rep, how do I apply that global rep to the M113? I'm guessing the intent here is that you can play the tanks you enjoy while still earning currency to use on others, via this mechanic, but I have no idea how to actually assign it. A lot of this game seems like it just assumes that you've played WOT/WT.

Also invite me to the thing please, my ingame name is nwff

You click on the XP bar, that allows you to spend global XP on tank progress XP.

ChickenWyngz posted:

Can we get some numbers for how many goons we have on each server? :gifttank:

It's not even real open beta yet. Wait a week until the hordes of mindless drone goons swarm in.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

The "tutorial" for it is easily missed. Sometimes the bar has a little progress part flashing golden, indicating how much you could skip with your free XP right now.

Also, once you 100% a tank you do not get all the XP from it as global XP. It only gives you the possibilty to transfer the tank XP via gold to global XP. 1 gold for 125XP.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Munnin The Crab posted:

Can I get a NA invite for CountButtRadula?

Yo rear end in a top hat we should play together.
You suck by the way.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I mean we should but the servers are RIP at the moment.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Also I can't seem to be able to sell tanks?

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

That is actually hilarious.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Agrajag posted:

thanks now I continue to not know what maximum and minimum accuracy really mean.

The circle that gets bigger and smaller as you move, turn, etc. indicates your accuracy. Your shot is supposed to hit somewhere in that circle. So if part of a tank is fully inside a circle, you are guaranteed a hit.

Minimum accuracy is how "small" this aiming circle can get. The smaller this is the better (thus 'increases' in minimum accuracy are good. The smaller the circle, the better a chance of you hitting a target you have.

Maximum accuracy is how "big" the circle can be at any given point. Usually while driving the circle is the biggest. If you increase your maximum accuracy you make this circle start out smaller and only able to reach a certain size. With this you effectively decrease aiming time since your circle already starts out smaller.

As a quick rule of thumb - For sniping vehicles you want a better minimum accuracy. For Vehicles that move you want a smaller maximum accuracy. Same goes for lowering your aiming time.

e: As a notice, I am not sure if lowering your maximum accuracy decreases your aiming time or if this always a fixed number. In any case it helps for snapshots.

Michaellaneous fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Oct 3, 2015

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Not entirely sure what the thought process behind the T90 was.
But I mean it's a Russian tank so probably "Let's give tank two red eyes to make it look evil."

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Feindfeuer posted:

It's part of the Shtora-1 active defense system, the 'red eyes' are active infrared jammers to trow SACLOS ATGM. Once the sensors around the turret regocnize they are beeing painted you can hit a button and the turret automatically faces the threat and starts shining infrared party lights in your ATGM equipment.
___/
:spergin:

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I am very pleased with the fact that they upped PVE rewards. I am a bad player but would still like to have cool tanks so being able to relax in PVE for a while and unlock cool (and I would say fun tanks but let's be honest, low tier tanks are also super fun) tanks without having to get angry at pubbies and myself in PVP.

This is my opinion.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I bought all the premium tanks.
I am not disappointed. All of them are good and/or fun.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

BadLlama posted:

I have been embracing the CHAI in my BMP games. Hug the map line and fling HEAT and ATGM's into the side of bros and then play vision games. The amount of hate for CHAI is hilarious.

BMPs eat any kind of light vehicle for breakfast. 100mm HE? 30mm autocannon? Soviet Russia missile? Da!

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

You guys should get the BMD1. The gun is really good, it's superfast and you can do some crazy skillshots with the missile launcher. Behind a hill, top down attacks and stuff.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

The BMP and BMD variants are supremly fun and good.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Inimicul posted:

Tonight I decided to pony up the money to play a day early and get that premium TD. Probably not the best investment but still cheaper than booze.

First match starts and I drive straight into a ditch and drown. Team wins anyway. Daily double.

Now I remember why I quit tanks to begin with. I forgot how to not suck.

Don't play PVP, play PVE and relax.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I had all the other three premium tanks and was pleasantly surprised I got my gold refunded by buying this pack!

Wargaming wouldn't have done that.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

LordBaxter posted:

Has there been any mention of when the collector's edition packs will be withdrawn from sale, or whether the vehicles in them will be available at a later date?

Well the vehicles from the founder package will probably be available in a year, and that was also mentioned in the package sale.

There is nothing like that on the collector's edition so...who knows?

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Wait. Why do I have 6 million credits.

Also wow, those guys at Obsidian make it really hard to hate them. Even if you do not collect your 100 supply every day, they get stored up. So you don't need to log in every single day.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

People already start to rage about hackers killing them through cover.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Main Theme when driving Russian tanks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U06jlgpMtQs

Reminds me of that game, Blitz 1941 or so. It was a rather cute isometric tank game, and they actually had the USSR anthem playing nonstop when you logged into your russian garage.

e: But in all seriousness, if you are in a tank that can drive more than 50kph the game should just open a music player ala Need For Speed and start playing some good racing music.

Michaellaneous fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Oct 10, 2015

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Nerses IV posted:

Wolfie needs an AMX line loving yesterday, where is my Leclerc. Obsidian is loving us again.

The AMX TD is really loving fun. So is the AFV version.
Just wait for the french line.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Nordick posted:

I wonder if they'll just keep adding tanks bit by bit to the two dealers or if they're gonna add in more dealers at some point.

Gonna assume the latter to be honest.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

The thing with that is they will probably add a bunch of tanks at once because I can't really see them making a new trader for only 3 tanks.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

demonR6 posted:

Troika how about we make a joint CHAI / GOONS introduction post in the brown sea forum with the intention of pure troll. Maybe we can drum up non-goon business with the intention of never adding them to the clan but putting them through a torturous acceptance process that will result in "so sorry, it's not you... it's us. We don't like you. "

Just do it man. We should totally brainstorm a few hilarious but still believeable ways of loving pubbies over.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

demonR6 posted:

Congratulations we are self appointed ambassadors and will start a thread.. how about a diplo thread from Chai - Masala. We just need someone from Goons that will jump in the thread so we can create this mutual relationship and get it going.

Out running errands but I'll get on the brown sea shortly.

I want to help as well!
This poo poo gives me flashbacks to my eve years.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Lol if you think playing MBT is in any way superior or more fun than playing a light tank of wheeled vehicle.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

ERA Sections only work once on each spot. Non-ERA is not as effective but always work. Cages almost always work but are usually only on the side. Active Protection Systems like the Trophy can shoot down incoming missiles from any directions but only a few times with a cooldown. The highest tier tanks get unlimited uses that have a really long cooldown.

Most ERA is not present on turrets, same goes for cages. Protection systems still work there.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Fart Car '97 posted:

Why do they eventually take the big gun away from the BMPs? :cry:

Because on their own, with the big guns, the BMPs are just kinda...nothing special? They are like TDs without wheels.

With the mix of 100mm/30mm and the missile they become light vehicles killer.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Fart Car '97 posted:

Hm. I see you're as bad at this game as you are at War Thunder.

You understood me wrong. They are super amazing and cool party busses. But without the ATGM or the secondary autocannon they are just kinda another light tank.

That's why they probably changed the line around later.

Also gently caress you.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Keeshhound posted:

I really don't see why they don't just give you a 2x token to use on whatever game you feel was worth doubling.

Because Obsidian is good but not that good.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Krogort posted:

Do XP reward increase a lot as you climb up tiers ?
540k XP for tier 8 is a lot and I can't imagine a grinding a milion XP for tier 9 at 1000xp/game on average.

XP seems very damage related and everything get more HP with tiers so maybe ?

You do get quite a bit more XP at higher tiers because yes, there is much more damage to be dealt.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Valle posted:

When you bought the founder's packs, you got them on both the EU and NA servers. I'm guessing that the collector's edition problem is somehow related to loving up the change from buying packs for both servers to just one. Good to see that WG aren't the only ones who gently caress things up a lot!

Only in the pubbie mind.

In other news, just drove the Starshit. The HEAT round I'm currently using has a damage range of 384-520. I shot a BgltPz57 for....273 damage. It looked like I hit his side, but I guess it might've been a turret hit?

The turret in the BgltPz57 is unmanned, thus you will do reduced HP damage on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Siivola posted:

What is overmatching, anyway? Penetration with excessive force?

It means your AP shell flies directly through a tank without really stopping and causing any damage due to fragmentation.

brodoyouevengif posted:

I heard they were adjusting some things with overmatching. They were also talking about buffing the credits in PvE too right?

They already did that at Open Beta start. But they will maybe do it again, yeah. The Credits rewards are a bit meh for PVE at the moment. XP is fine. You can get consitently more XP in PVE than in PVP. Unless you are some PVP god.

• Locked thread