Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

What if there were no regulations on science experiments? Stem cells, cloning, powerful psychedelics, unmitigated nuclear fission, none of that or anything else is off limits. Could you imagine the scientific revolution? It could be bigger than the industrial era.

This could be a reality in 2-4 years if we just let scientists be scientists:

Or, we might just kill ourselves. Who knows?? That's half the fun

:science::science::science::science:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Science got poo poo like math incredibly complex

ballass
Jan 16, 2014

by XyloJW
hmmmm

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star
I think I saw a movie about this once and didn't end very well so I dunno op hmmmm

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp
buttsmex

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

God I'd love to kill myself

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Powerful psychedelics? who do i donate to thatll make more powerful psychedelics?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I support whatever course of action that will lead to me becoming an immortal Adonis. Preferably before I die.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Applewhite posted:

I support whatever course of action that will lead to me becoming an immortal Adonis. Preferably before I die.

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
Science taught me i need to wash my hands after fingering my butt. Otherwise you get sick if you put your hands in your mouth

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I thought that was only for other people's buttholes? I mean you already have all of your buttgerms inside you in your digestive system so should it be fine to eat your own poo poo?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Chairman Wao posted:

I think I saw a movie about this once and didn't end very well so I dunno op hmmmm

I don't know, I've seen a few movies about this stuff and they all had pretty happy endings.

I'm sure well be fine.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I reckon we can leave it alone until Ice-Nine is discovered and then we should probably put some checks in just incase.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feQR5Bf4ZJI

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Ddraig posted:

I reckon we can leave it alone until Ice-Nine is discovered and then we should probably put some checks in just incase.

Nah, when we discover ice-nine we shoud just get that ball on a roll. The worlds going to end someday, and when it does it might as well be a well written one.

I don't wont the world to go to flames in some poorly written zombie apocalypses. It would be pretty disappointing, humanity must be able to destroy ourselves more intrestingly than that.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
the lawn mower man was a great movie that should be brought to life

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004

extra stout posted:

the lawn mower man was a great movie that should be brought to life

Its why retards shouldnt be allowed to use lawn mowers

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
science is like when you got ants, & they build a big ol' ant-pile. then bird comes and snacks on 'em with its nasty bird tooths, chomp chiomp. but the ants never stop buildimn, their pile gonna reach the moon and no amount of flying monster s gonna get 'em to stop

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

Its why retards shouldnt be allowed to use lawn mowers

i've got to eat too, fuckboy

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

quakster posted:

science is like when you got ants, & they build a big ol' ant-pile. then bird comes and snacks on 'em with its nasty bird tooths, chomp chiomp. but the ants never stop buildimn, their pile gonna reach the moon and no amount of flying monster s gonna get 'em to stop

except for the fact that my foot will recreate the holocaust on all their ant faces.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
science; what is it all about

is it good, or is it whack

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Literally the only film I've seen with the moral "It is not only right to play God, but really cool and everyone who is against it is a moron" is Tinker Bell & The Pirate Fairy.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

David Sarif posted:

"It is not only right to play God, but really cool and everyone who is against it is a moron"

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

except for the fact that my foot will recreate the holocaust on all their ant faces.
wrap your leg in randomly picked pages of various religious texts, to protect it and complete the analogy

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
if science didn't check itself it wouldn't be science sorry op

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
All the scientists I know be trying to make cheaper snack foods and like more weather resistant deck stain. Sound like a bunch of faggots, if you ask me.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Science is better off regulated by a bloated and barely functional bureaucracy imo

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

hemophilia posted:

Science is better off regulated by a bloated and barely functional bureaucracy imo

this...... except healthcare... mwehehe

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usTT3RuWu_g

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
What is a christian scientist exactly? Are they like normal scientists? Do they do science stuff with beakers and microscopes and stuff?

Coolie Ghost
Jan 16, 2013

sensible dissent dispenser
i think science should check itself before it wrecks itself

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

SweetKarma posted:

What is a christian scientist exactly? Are they like normal scientists? Do they do science stuff with beakers and microscopes and stuff?

Faith healers who won't even take aspirin

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
my dad is a scientist AMA

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

hemophilia posted:

to be fair, a lot of hosed up sociopaths would try to pass off as scientists without regulation

"what'll happen if i throw this baby into the industrial shredder from this angle, i wonder? hmm. interdasting. still got 36 babies left, better use 'em up"

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

quakster posted:

to be fair, a lot of hosed up sociopaths would try to pass off as scientists without regulation

"what'll happen if i throw this baby into the industrial shredder from this angle, i wonder? hmm. interdasting. still got 36 babies left, better use 'em up"

As long as they write a 120 page dissertation on their findings, what's the problem?

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
not enough babies

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

good thing babies are a renewable resource!

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

Science taught me i need to wash my hands after fingering my butt. Otherwise you get sick if you put your hands in your mouth
this is just for you butt though right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am A Robot
Jul 1, 2006

Pick posted:

Literally the only film I've seen with the moral "It is not only right to play God, but really cool and everyone who is against it is a moron" is Tinker Bell & The Pirate Fairy.

It's really annoying this isn't going away.

• Locked thread