Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
It's got the whole spooky mystery atmosphere going on and Matt Dillon actually looks like he's got the role on lock down. Now it's just up to the writers to make it work longer than 10 episodes. Also many prominent actors have died already even though I suspect they'll be making a comeback very soon.

9/10 would watch again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
how can a pine be wayward

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

how can a pine be wayward

The pines in this town are very wayward. Everything is very wayward. It's wayward as gently caress.

Also, I want to have Carla Cugino's babies.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I don't have a TV, sorry OP

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
2px is maybe hot atm so they got the m nite shlamma to squirt out a knockoff, v. noice

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Darth123123 posted:

I don't have a TV, sorry OP

You have a computer. Use it as God intended.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

ive been meaning to watch this. it kinda looks like twin peaks. at all similar?

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
:agreed:

Profondo Rosso posted:

kind of yeah

grandpas drunk
Jun 10, 2015

by Ralp
I'll watch anything with matt damon in it!

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer

Profondo Rosso posted:

It's really more like The Prisoner with a healthy dash of Twin Peaks thrown in for seasoning.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Profondo Rosso posted:

I haven't watched twin peaks, but I've heard comparisons made. Apparently twin peaks didn't do too well so I'm crossing my fingers that this is better.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

After watching a single episode, I have determined it has no laughs, and therefore, is not good.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

SweetKarma posted:

I haven't watched twin peaks, but I've heard comparisons made. Apparently twin peaks didn't do too well so I'm crossing my fingers that this is better.

well you heard wrong because twin peaks is loving awesome

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Profondo Rosso posted:

well you heard wrong because twin peaks is loving awesome

Well, you know how people are. Everybody's got an opinion.

roikun777
May 19, 2007

hedgehog's dilemma
Starting now. You better not be frontin, OP

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
the town is a place where people wake from being frozen a bunch of thousands of years in the future after this gay earth was bombed and there are mutant monsters outside of town everybody is lying.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i love matt damon op ill check it out

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

wikipedia: "The pilot was directed by M. Night Shyamalan, and is his attempt at Twin Peaks."

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
it's basically the village but set in the future lol

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
watched the trailer, saw M night shamanlayana, having trouble deciding if i want to try this show now

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
if you like creepy poo poo like this, you should watch the 2009 The Prisoner miniseries, I liked it a lot. just do not under any circumstances watch the final episode. it is very bad.

roikun777
May 19, 2007

hedgehog's dilemma
So far this is boring

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
juliette lewis gets killed lol

somecallmetim
Mar 30, 2004

I hate Matt Dillon. Should I watch it?

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

fyodor posted:

juliette lewis gets killed lol

drat might actually have to check this out

roikun777
May 19, 2007

hedgehog's dilemma
Alright that was pretty okay I guess I'm in.

Juliette L is still alive.

I like that time is hosed up. That always give me the boner

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^
it looks like a lovely knockoff of Twin Peaks just watch Twin Peaks

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Been watching every episode. It's addictively so-bad-its-good. Like nobody would ever act like that and they built a wall around the town EXCEPT this one cliff because... plot. Also, hypnotism and simulated crickets and some mystery .

M Night Shamaylanananan says the next episode is going to answer a lot of the mystery questions, and then it'll be hard for me to stay interested, just for the bad parts. omigosh we actually found a door in the wall and opened it... but it sounds scary out there, better stay in helltown... until next episode when just one of us will go out there without the protection of a car.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jun 11, 2015

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

somecallmetim posted:

I hate Matt Dillon. Should I watch it?

I go back and forth on Matt Dillon. So far he's been really good. His character acts a little too cool under the circumstances, but that's really the writer's fault.

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue

The Cubelodyte posted:

It's really more like The Prisoner with a healthy dash of Twin Peaks thrown in for seasoning.

Yes! Thank you! Someone else who gets it.

My very first thought was that this felt more like the original Prisoner than the horrible 2009 piece of poo poo miniseries remake.

SweetKarma posted:

I go back and forth on Matt Dillon. So far he's been really good. His character acts a little too cool under the circumstances, but that's really the writer's fault.

Also this. I think that'll get better once the cast and crew settle in.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I want to see more idiots get pwned by the monsters. Mostly, I like how there are monsters that loving murder people in this show.

I usually don't "watch" tv. I'm on my laptop doing computer stuff and just kind of listen while my wife masturbates and touches her titties I think. Out of no where some punk gets worked by monsters and I was like, drat, he got eaten. Also, I had ice cream.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
If you like black people who like ice cream you may be disappoint.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Drunk Nerds posted:

Been watching every episode. It's addictively so-bad-its-good. Like nobody would ever act like that and they built a wall around the town EXCEPT this one cliff because... plot. Also, hypnotism and simulated crickets and some mystery .

M Night Shamaylanananan says the next episode is going to answer a lot of the mystery questions, and then it'll be hard for me to stay interested, just for the bad parts. omigosh we actually found a door in the wall and opened it... but it sounds scary out there, better stay in helltown... until next episode when just one of us will go out there without the protection of a car.

Why is so much of your post blac

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue

Darth123123 posted:

Why is so much of your post blac

because sheriff

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

When assholes used to ask for free shots on their birthdays we used to pour the spill mats into a shot glass. That drink is called a Matt Dillon.

The show is OK though.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Lol the first generation has no black kids. Racist-rear end doctor

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i read the book and it was practically a RL Stine novel.

the whole thing is fake and its the future and the world ended

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i've watched 4 episodes and it's okay but not good

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

it's ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lite frisk
Oct 5, 2013
until the last episode i was convinced that this was one of those lovely lost-like mystery cockteasers that decide to skirt good writing and plot development because the writers are too unskilled to make good use of dramatic irony. now that the secret is out i'm convinced it's all downhill because so far all the characters are made of paper mache and the show has to either become a character drama or introduce a bunch more arbitrary mystery

• Locked thread