Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Jack2142 posted:

This mod looks like its grown to be alot of fun, I remember the early discussion threads on the Paradox forums, but the decision to focus on the east first and work west made me less inclined to contribute and sadly the Northwest hasn't been added yet? Are you guys working on that now because I would totally love to throw in some idea's I had floating around from back then.

They've added the Pacific Northwest in the GitHub version, but when I tried to play as my hometown of Tacoma I found I wasn't in a good position to expand. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Rodyle posted:

So would I be correct in assuming everyone just went straight for home?

Of course. Why wouldn't you try a shot at leading your hometown to greatness?

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Here's how the game defines them. Heresies are not included.

1. The Cetic faith involves the study of philosophical writings by a number of Great Teachers (Gurus), including the Emperor, Buddha, Christ, and Hubbard. Adherents seek enlightenment through meditation and discussion of the writings. The first Emperor of California formally organized the faith with secular and religious power deeply intertwined within the imperial title, and the head of the faith is traditionally chosen from among his descendants. Defining features in game: Adherents follow one of four specific Ways (schools of Cetic thought). (Dominates California)

2. The followers of Sagrado Corazón- the Sacred Heart- follow a pantheon of quasi-deities derived from some Catholic traditions. Although the faith has Catholic origins, it has deviated far from the old theology. Defining features in-game:
  • There is no head of the faith, but the religion is reformed.
  • Adherents can become followers of one of three specific saint-patrons.
  • May experience visions of the Blessed Virgin called Marian Apparitions.
  • Followers of Our Lady of Guadalupe are more likely to experience Marian Apparitions.
  • Followers of El Santo engage in masked, ritualized combat.
  • Followers of Santa Muerte perform funeral rites and exact revenge.
(Dominates Mexico)

3. Gaians worship numerous spirits of nature, Gaia foremost among them. Also known as Earth Mother, the Goddess, or Primordia, the faithful believe Gaia is a divine spirit interconnected with all living things... the ancient soul of the Earth itself. Gaian theology encourages a society ruled by women rather than men, teaching that man neglected the world and that it was his disregard for the natural balance that led the Earth to ruin. (Found in the Pacific Northwest)

4. Followers of Xhúuyee K'iigaang (the Raven Tales) revere supernatural beings described in the sacred tales, Raven (Xhúuyee) foremost among them. In some tales Raven is playful and benevolent, while others depict him as greedy, treacherous, and wanton. He is sometimes loved and sometimes feared. Raven indirectly made the world by stealing and transforming that which came before, and preserved the Haida though the Dark Times with cleverness and trickery. Other Xhúuyee K'iigaang gods include Ta'xet and Tia, who rule respectively over violent and peaceful death. (Found in Washington and Canada)

5. With a strong tradition of seafaring and a reputation for robbery and murder, most call the Brethren pirates. This assessment is not far from the truth. Though the Brethren follow a Code of the Sea, they are loosely organized and live mostly to plunder riches from the weak. All of their gods have some link to the ocean, which they consider the source of all life and all wealth. (Found in various islands around the Americas.)

6. Atomicists worship elements of old world technology and hold sacred the places 'touched by the Almighty Atom'. Although atomic theory is practically forgotten, Atomicists understand that there is an invisible world out there which houses vast power. If they could but find a way to tap into this intangible world, they believe they would become gods themselves! The tumors and radiation sickness, though, they don't talk about as much. (Found mostly in Arizona and New Mexico, though there are a few in the Applachians, IIRC)

7. Mictlantec is a revival of old Aztec traditions for the new Age of the Dead Sun. The previous cycle ended in apocalypse with the near destruction of the sun god Huitzilopochtli in his struggle against the darkness. Death god Mictlantecuhtli was largely responsible for saving humanity, and is now considered the sun god. Defining features in game
  • Sacrifice prisoners to their gods, either individually or in a major ceremony.
  • Kings and emperors are expected to declare themselves Incarnates (living gods).
  • May go on vision quests after a ceremony of human sacrifice.
(Found in Central America)

8. Nanissáanah, known as the 'Ghost Dance', is a syncretic, reformed form of more traditional Plains Indian beliefs. Although based upon the conventional circle dance, the Ghost Dance emphasizes the role of prophets in direct communication with God, the revelation of new dances and songs to these prophets, and a strict moral code derived from these new practices. (Found in Montana and the Dakotas)

9. With roots in Ancient America's frontier, Mormonism has a solid hold on many parts of the Old West. Although based in Christian foundations, the Church of Latter-Day Saints has many additional books, customs and traditions which have caused it to be treated differently from some elements of mainstream Christianity. With the chaos of the apocalypse, these attitudes were exacerbated, and Mormonism is widely treated as a wholly distinct realm from the Christian world of New Rome and the Protestantism of the East. (Utah, of course)

There are a few pagan revivalist religions in the southern parts of Central America, as well as the Christian faith of the Falling Star, but I don't think they have a lot of features yet.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

At times like this I wish there were an After the End mod for EU4, so we could have a mega campaign. American diseases travel back to the British Empire, wiping it out, leaving the Americans to colonize darkest Europe.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Clayren posted:

Just tried it now and the save seems to work fine, but I'm not seeing any special events firing. What should I be looking for? You can spoiler it if you think it's necessary.

Russian Atomicist invasion in 2770

Japanese Shinto invasion in 2740

We might be a bit past them.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Jack2142 posted:

The Russians definitely should get a communist religion, Marx is already Satan to the Consumerists, so the Russians being motivated by their "ancient histories" of the evil called Capitalism in America and how they must destroy it.

Atomicist is just a placeholder for now when it comes to the Russians.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Reveilled posted:

I think everyone who isn't an unreformed pagan has access to Elective.

I believe Americanists should have Patrician Elective, to represent the Oligarchical control over the American sheeple. :smug:

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

Great President Theodore, who guards the Gates of America with a Flaming Rifle and Stick. Patron President of the wilderness, animals, guns, mustaches, and trust busting.

From a clan of wealth and privilege, President Theodore preferred the life of the great outdoorsman to the unexciting world of the patrician. He went on a great quest, doing good deeds - such as cleaning up the corruption of the Police Men in Manhattan, making friends with the Indians of the west, and leaving great swaths of natural beauty under his holy protection.

He also refused to let something paltry like a gunshot wound to the chest stop him from finishing a two hour speech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

D

edit: changing to the Northwest.

Mr.Morgenstern fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jul 17, 2015

• Locked thread