Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

My bet is for Alex or Eagle.

I really hope it's Eagle.

Eagle would be cool, because escrima is cool. Also, it would be a progressive choice on Capcpom's part because Eagle wears an ascot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Holy poo poo why is Ingrid so popular?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

uncleKitchener posted:

I hope gief's v-skill ends up turning him into Mecha Gief where he walks forward into fireballs. Or maybe they'll give him something A3 V-ism where he could grab people out of blockstun for free.

If they're going to make Just For Men M. Bison and Zombie Charlie, they can at least go full mecha with Zangief and make Mecha Gief the cannon Gief in SFV.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I hope they include a section of the UK stage that breaks open and lets you fight in the public washrooms like Street Fighter Alpha 2.

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Not sure if true, but a German leak has stated that the 2 characters to be revealed at E3 are going to be Cammy and Birdie.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Gutcruncher posted:

Cool Birdie will be on-disc DLC

FTFY

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Oh hey Cammy and Birdie, big surprise.

:confuoot:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Less popular characters are ripe for revision every once and a while. Birdie was no ones favorite.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Exactly. I think it's a smart move to fatten him up and age him and not adhere to his past iterations.

I mean poo poo, dude started off as a white guy.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Watching Combofiend play Birdie is hype.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

What is it with the Japanese and jiggly tits?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Street Fighter obviously promotes partialism in their female characters. With Cammy it's her rear end (pygophilia). With Chun it's usually her legs (legophilia). Capcpom's just trying to spread the fetishism around a little bit while also completely disgusting half of the demographic who like their particular brand of finger puzzle.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

So who won that pro SFV tournament w/ Birdie? I was on planes for most of the day and couldn't tune into Twitch for poo poo.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Should have guessed, dunno what I was expecting.

Nerf Bipson.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

SFV should be a copy of Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max so we can get Eagle and Maki.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

lol if you actually thought sfxt was going to be any good before release.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I wanted to stick pencils in my ear whenever I heard the stage music for Pitstop 109 in sfxt.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Beef Chief posted:

awful music

gently caress you, Beef!

SectumSempra posted:

Sorry guys thats the good one.

Out of the context of the game, I can see why you'd think that. While playing sfxt though, this music combined with the horrid visuals and the gameplay would just drive me absolutely loving nuts. It hurts my ears, my eyes and my brain so much.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

So it's pretty much a given at this point that Skullomania will never reappear in this or any future Street Fighter games, right? What was the reason again?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Chick grapplers don't have to fulfill your fetishes to be awesome. They just don't need to be goddamn school girls. Of course since this is Capcom it basically means there's no chance of that.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Pomp posted:

I want to believe Capcom/Dimps could competently animate a drunken style

Didn't they basically do this with Lei Wulong in sfxt?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Wow. It's like none of you guys care about Edmund Honda. Where's the sumo love? No one is mad that he's not on that bullshit leaked roster?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Slim Honda in SFV, please Capcom.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Trykt posted:

This bit always impresses the hell out of me due to the attention to detail they had. The sounds, the music, the normals look right (dat Honda cr.HP), Peter does scrubby Ryu poo poo like j.RH cr.RH. "Honda" doing an alpha counter and completely raw hundred hand slap (impossible!) are questionable and that clip is like exhibit A on why fighting games look weird without hitstop, but gat drat what a good bit regardless.

Wasn't this because the animators cribbed from an SF2 attract mode match between Ryu and Honda that takes place the same way every time or something like that?

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jun 30, 2015

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Doesn't Ken have a child? Would be cool if they went somewhere with that.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Eddain posted:

Street Fighter vs Mortal Kombat vs Blazblue in SSF2HDR graphics.

with sfxt stage music.

:suicide:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Gutcruncher posted:

Isnt there supposed to be a big Jesus statue up on that hill? What the gently caress, Ono!

Street Fighter 5 takes place in 1921.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

capcom should use some of that sony money to buy the rights for skullomania

If sfxt could be a thing, then this can happen.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Now I'm going to get nothing but suggested Max videos in YouTube.

Kenneth is looking good.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

croutonZA posted:

I don't really like the London stage (although I don't hate it like volcanic rim) but everything else looks awesome.

There's been better looking uk stages and all of them 2D.

SFV London has to be one of the most generic and lacks imagination.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qzl5du7m6w

I want to know how tough it's.
I want to know the place where my soul is burned out.
In order to draw two and the simple answer which is not I continue following an endless way.

Suspicious Cook posted:

I just want Cody to come back. I'd like to see Alex and Q return, Skullomania is a (skullo)dream that will never come true, but Cody is my man and he needs to Bingo punch fools into noodle bowl hats.

Would like Cody to be in SFV without his handcuffs or if he has them, at least a throw animation where he uses them to garrot some fools.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Suspicious Cook posted:

Doesn't he use his cuffs in his back throw? It would be nice to see the cuffs used in attacks, but I suppose it's more in character to not use them since he just leaves them on to make the fights more fair for the other guy.

He doesn't use his cuffs in any attack animations and if the fluff for why he uses them is because they weaken him, than it would be even better if he didn't have them on in SFV. If Ken can take off the top of his gi then somebody can give Cody dem goddamn keys.

Archer666 posted:

That album has the best Honda theme

:allears:

Lets not forget the 5 minute trance build up to Boxers theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMIjPnYR748

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jul 10, 2015

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Nodoze posted:

Give me Morrigan :allears:

I hope you all get Demitri DLC instead.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Housh posted:

Should I just go to sleep?

The answer lies in the heart of battle.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Thanks to SFV I've accidentally watched Maximilian videos. The problems you guys are having with playing the Beta is the karma backlash you're getting for that.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Al Borland posted:

So I see they went with having vega be the prettiest man alive to the ugliest man alive.

Let his beauty intoxicate you.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Hahaha Vega's V-Trigger is called the Bloody gently caress.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Suspicious Cook posted:

Juni and Juli controlled together like the Ice Climbers.

Sean and Dan controlled together like Ice Climbers.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Doggboat posted:

Those changes yall have been praising is called lighting lmao

Thanks for pointing this out. I thought I was going loving crazy because I didn't notice much of a difference other than her goddamn hair.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Meh, maybe they'll redesign Ingrid so she doesn't look like someones young girl anime fantasy or someshit.

After which they'll release this Chun-Li alt costume:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Eagle.

Maki.

Basically everyone who was in Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max.

• Locked thread