Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Cabbagepots posted:

Even though he has a lot of players that beast with him?

hm yes, apparently q is good because kuroda exists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Mio Bison posted:

I love me some fireballs but people are overhyping the V-Skill anti-fireball tools. SF4 characters having an asston of moves that slide under/plow through fireballs for good damage or a knockdown is significantly more hosed up than characters being able to bat down a fireball, build gauge and stand their ground. If you can throw fireballs slow enough that you can follow in behind them and pressure/punish someone who absorbs and throw fireballs fast enough that they're hard to react to at midrange V-Skills will only be strong against players with lovely fireball games. If fireballs do end up being bad it'll be because Capcom undertunes them or adds too many tools that punish fireballs on reaction (bonus gently caress Capcom Points if they require no meter/one bar).

they nerfed knockdowns

im actually not sure how i feel about nerfed kds, as long as you still get a definite advantage and can do something off it, even if you dont get oki. not that poo poo like urien vs yun or whatever where yun will always just back roll into a better range lol

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i would buy birdie actualy, they need a grappler and i just dont feel gief in this game fsr

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
blanka eats a banana in one of his intros

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

NecroMonster posted:

Birdie sort of makes sense to me because he's the one "old" grappler that seems like he could lend himself to this whole "power up mode" thing pretty well.

hell use chains and have vaccum hits or extra throw range or something

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
zand won't be happy until you have to develop a cure for cancer mid-match by solving literal finger puzzles

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
this game still looks kinda slow tbh, at least the damage is higher

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

inthesto posted:

Game speeds were always done by frameskipping, which introduces problems the most notable of which was reversal windows shrinking down to literally 0

Also if you introduce anyone who played SF4 as their first fighting game to literally any other fighting game, they'll probably like the non-SF4 one better

you can just do visual frameskip but keep the game still running at 60 ticks, you just don't have to display the 60 ticks

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Tae posted:

Combofiend was one of the best in the west coast SF scene, also a legendary Marvel vs. Capcom player. It's really sad that this is lost on the new players on the scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mSbHE5iHUQ

hes talking about the guy that was commentating with combofiend lol

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
its really hard to outplay someone for 99% of their health guy, that doesnt require skill

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
the only chip death im concerned about is doritos overdose

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i can sort of get chip not killing (it does feel weird to die to blocking something, tbh, even if it normally does damage), but at least make ex moves do chip kill. i think all special move chip should kill too but im not married to it.

its not really as big of a deal as like, lovely walkspeeds or bad throws.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
also yeah tha king cobra guy or w/e design was legitimately really good.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

You! You're the smart one. Why are normals chipping in this game? I can't think of a reason it would even be necessary.

Edit sorry ixiggle didn't mean to ignore you :)

it gives reward to the person attacking and if they score a hit they get more damage if the other person doesn't escape pressure.

idk its not a big deal or anything, its a better thing than a cvs2 guardbar imo, because if you reward attacking even more, it still gives the defending player a chance to regain themselves.

if you look at how guard bar in gg works, its not that dissimilar, except all the damge is frontloaded and you get more from a jab than a combo in this case, which imo is Not Good but its Better Than CVS2 Guard Bar.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
how do i break into e3 im like 15 minutes away can i hire an uber guy to drive me right in there or somethin

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Buckwheat Sings posted:

Q would be instant purchase if he's in it. Especially if one of his supers kills himself in order to win and another Q is in the win screen.

lol

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
oh my god chip not killing is like the least important thing about this loving game jfc

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

EightFlyingCars posted:

Since the parry command is now MP+MK instead of pressing toward your opponent, it could probably work really well as an anti-crossup defense.

um, in 3s if you try to parry a crossup at the last second it ends up as a block if they end up on the other side lol

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
give me sausage fingers or give me death

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

AnonSpore posted:

It was really REALLY REALLY bad.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i like throwing

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Buckwheat Sings posted:

I think fighting games are niche because there's no team to hide behind.

Oh poo poo real chat.

thats one of a few reasons, yes. not just hiding behind, but theres no set of people to pull you into the game to play together, and basic actions are harder in fgs than almost any other genre.

also im gonna be real, almost everyone who makes fgs does not appeal to a mass audience with creative design because ?????????

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i just made the mistake of giving capcom 60 dollars

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Beef Chief posted:

We can play together, henaki

ok beef chief

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4vp7I6bmFo

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
the thing about sf4/sfxt music that annoys me is like whatever instrument sets they chose just sound so bland and muted and the music just sort of blurs together and sounds super samey

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2cgXzw2b0Q

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Beef Chief posted:

Sakura is behind Chun-Li and Cammy as being one of the most popular female SF characters, at least until the recent poll that Japan and America got where Karin topped the rankings so I have no doubt Karin & Sakura are both making it into the game.

birdie is in the game

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
iirc the sean hp thing was a bug, you'll notice it builds way more meter than any other hard move in teh game, and gets it in two bursts which and the second one is the one you usually get on hit lol

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i mean we'll find out if that rumor is true in like 9 days so at least its a rumor that will invalidate itself quickly

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
also itd be fun to have eagle

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
give me urien or give me death

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
the 3 new characters were like heavily implied based off some dude dropping hella hints that were 100% right, so im more inclined to believe that rumor

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

AndyElusive posted:

Wow. It's like none of you guys care about Edmund Honda. Where's the sumo love? No one is mad that he's not on that bullshit leaked roster?

people who play honda are objectively worse than people who play claw, and thats saying something since interro plays claw

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

interrodactyl posted:

I played Honda before I switched to claw FYI

How does that make you feel

i think marn may be a better human being than you

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

interrodactyl posted:

There's nothing quite like someone messing up a combo and getting owned by stored ochio

literally hitler

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

hmmm wonder why they have ken as the opponent in all three pictures

hes the default 2p selection!!!!!

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool