Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I get Bison being slow since they want to emphasize his gimmick but I think everyone else could really use a touch more walk speed maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Birdie sort of makes sense to me because he's the one "old" grappler that seems like he could lend himself to this whole "power up mode" thing pretty well.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Yeah I figure they just stick chains on all of his normals and throws when he's powered up, for extra reach, and call it a day.

Plus his (lovely) dash specials will probably mean capcom will feel like it's ok to make him move cripplingly slow, and they love having excuses to make characters move like old snails.

NecroMonster fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jun 13, 2015

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

birdie fat, so what

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I wish we could actually see his loving critical art because it sounds pretty amazing.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Welp, I'm going with "cautiously optimistic" about this game now.

I feel like I am betraying the past.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Supers can still kill with chip, but that's it.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

lmbo at the hair IN Birdie's belly button

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Well you see guys clearly time has passed for all of these characters, I mean Bison has gray hair and Birdie got fat is it really any surprise that the women have "matured" too?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

oh my god are you responding to me like i was being serious?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

mash k to inflate bewbs

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

darealkooky posted:

casuals love going fast

slow, tactical games where you have to think about stuff is strictly fgc material, nobody but david sirlin wants to play last blade in 2015

see, you say this, but I wonder if you've ever actually tried to introduce people to "fast" fighting games before.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i want rufus on a mobility chair with his feet amputated and a built in dialysis machine

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I'm actually wondering if they might want to change the animation for Birdie's jabs to lower their reach cause jesus.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I would in fact rather they leave balance alone until they have a full cast of characters. I'm just talking in hypotheticals here. And I would of course rather they changed the animation instead of the frame data of these jabs.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

ok well lets go on to more interesting conversation then

birdie fat

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

now now guys lets not talk about game balance until the whole thing is done

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

you seem to think "interesting discussion" is a binary consideration.

now lets talk about chun-li and cammy's tits some more

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I like v-skills. I think this is a cool idea with lots of room to differentiate characters.

I hope Q gets into the game because I can think of some fun ideas for v-skills and v-trigger for him.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

interrodactyl posted:

You're bad at fighting games and no one cares about your bad ideas FYI

well you smell like feet

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

V-skill does nothing but build v meter, and he gets 4 bars of v meter.

his v-trigger is a duration based massive defense buff.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

just please put Q in capcom please

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Q, Alex, and Urien capcom pls

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I also want Adon tho so lets face it I'm horrible.

ps his v-trigger would be X-ism adon from alpha 3.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

this game is fun to watch

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Lets just all agree that we don't want to see Fei Long in this game.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I think I really like how Xian is using Nash's booms, keep dudes out a bit and score some damage, but mostly it's just forcing them to come to Nash in lieu of using Nash's slow movement speed and more unsafe gimmicky options to try to get Nash to the other player. He just needs to learn some better combos/use for his V-trigger I think. Still doing super loving well even then.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Birdie's standard hitconfirm into super that everyone seems to be doing does 50% or really drat close to it.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I'm actually wondering if they might want to just stop meter carrying over between rounds, just to maybe get players out of the mindset of saving it.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I think EX moves should also be able to chip kill.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Diago still did pretty well, and this is while repeatedly trying to do combos that simply don't work.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

They should let EX chip kill because that would at least make letting meter transfer over rounds more relevant, as it stands, no one is going to spend the full bar to try and chip, so it's not really a consideration to keep the meter or not.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

And this is all cool with be because, at least to me, street fighter is at it's best when both players are at "neutral" and jockying for position. We can leave skull-loving people on wakeup to Guilty Gear, it does it better anyway.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I was talking about hard-knockdowns actually, not the utter non-issue of the losing player getting the "benefit" of no-chip kills, which is a loving non-issue.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Well. If "not-dieing to chip damage" is a benefit, as is being argued, then what exactly is the magnitude of that benefit?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Looks more like a difference.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

it should be a literal copy of super turbo without even any balance changes

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

real answer: it should be a literal copy of champion edition.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Zand posted:

see, this is exactly how little you know about sf. nobody plays CE outside of south america and thats only because they couldn't afford better games
no, i absolutely know that, i'm just saying i like ce more than super turbo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Blanka lol

• Locked thread