Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
I hope gief's v-skill ends up turning him into Mecha Gief where he walks forward into fireballs. Or maybe they'll give him something A3 V-ism where he could grab people out of blockstun for free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Or give him anti-air grab.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Just give me Alpha 2, Capcom. I don't give a poo poo about trying to innovate. You were never good at that except when you made your game look pretty (3S).

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

inthesto posted:

I miss a lot of things about old Street Fighter, but unblockable 80% combos sure as poo poo isn't one of them

Yes, because it surely was totally easy and completely defined what characters like Rolento were about.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
I'll take Birdie over Gief. Gief is my boy, but in every game where both characters are in the same roster Gief ends up being pretty lame while Birdie is fun and cool.

Street Fighter need more hybrid type of character anyway.

Add Eagle while you're at it, Capcom.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
I'm totally fine with 90% of SFIV cast taking a leave for a much smaller roster. Smaller rosters are easier to balance anyway.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
It would be okay if throws are changed to KOF-style hcb,f motions, but half circle motions are too easy. Unless you're going to change them to short ranged 0 frame command grabs, then sure change them to half circle motions throws.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Birdie's alpha counter is 46PPP? What is this? Guilty Gear?

I love it.

But is his grab range as short as neutral throw grab range? What about the 236K grabs?

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

inthesto posted:

V-reversals use the same command that alpha counters used in SFA3

And all these years I thought they were qcfPPP

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

inthesto posted:

That has never been the command for alpha counters. In SFA1 and 2, they were 412+P or K. They got changed to the much less awkward 6+PPP or KKK in SFA3.

The thing is, I always did alpha counters with hcf in apha2, so it never did strike me that counters in A3 were actually just forward.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Mega Comrade posted:

Me too, juri was the best character to come out of Street Fighter X Tekken.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Mission accomplished, DOA.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

sfxt what the hell happened

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Spuckuk posted:

If theres a female grappler in the game, she won't be a weird musclebound hog, she'll be pretty and relatively petite because

A: Japan

We did get KOF Vice, so it's not all petite and school girl land.

Then again, that sort of character design was a thing of the 90s, so maybe we really are stuck with the petite schoolgirl/Karin or sluttish whore or Chun-Li female character design.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Ratios and Tendency posted:

R.Mika wasn't petite.

R. Mika was not a good character also butts.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Pretty sure Fatal Fury Yamazaki already had that as a wake up option.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
I really don't see R. Mika coming back. Her gimmicks were interesting, but in SF you might as well either play Gief or Hawk.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Please stop responding to cabbagepots posts, thank you.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
I'm glad they reworked Mika since A3 RM was pretty poor in general.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

interrodactyl posted:

It plays like poo poo on Fightcade and fba does a real bad job of emulating it. Ken fireballs are invisible half of the time. Charlies stage probably needs a seizure warning with all the flickering going on

The Sagat vs Ryu / Evil Ryu stage is worse. I'm pretty sure those two stages were banned in tournaments in Japan.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
I'm glad Capcom finally realized that they only needed to turn gief into Maxima. All they need to do now is let him run forward and the game is complete.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
How does Gief being gay affect his grapple game?

AnonSpore posted:

Russian to Canadian is one hell of a downgrade

Maybe he's from alterne Neo-Canada where people don't speak french, the national sport is Rugby and every citizen is armed with chest lasers.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Just give these characters kof command grabs.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
I'll have an invincible backdash into a command grab, please. Thank you.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Can you options select command grab and throw break in SFV?

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

A.o.D. posted:

I threw a ken out of a shoryuken. That's.. interesting.

SHORYU-HRMMMMMMMM

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Dias posted:

Does Rashid just sucks in neutral? It seems like every time I press a button, I get eaten by someone else's normals. Ugh.

I think hit hitboxes are a little short.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
For those who have seen streams and videos, can Gief still combo cl.st.LK into lariat? If yes, then that might be better than loving J.HK into sweep. From what I've seen he really has no real combos other than jabs into st.MP and that's not much. I know there are some new stuff like combo into EX K SPD, but I don't know if people have figured out anything else yet. Also Laura looks like a super ghetto Gai Tendo.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
It took more than 20 years for Gief to properly combo into throws but we're there.

Gief for KOF 14.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Congrats, Gief you're actually good now.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Thwack! posted:

Give everyone Ralf's HCF+B from KOF98 as a normal grab.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
The game is fun but everything seems limited for the sake of simplicity and the roster is fairly small.

Some of the decisions they made for gief is weird but I see where they were coming from. They wanted to make a revision like everyone else and it's looking pretty good so far. Taking away greenhand was not really necessary, but hasn't got major issues getting in or nullifying fireballs, but going against Rashid requires a little bit of patience. So far, I see a few parallels with SF3 Hugo and how he turned out, but Gief is still a much better character.

Most crouching light buttons seem to have less range and mostly for counter hit situations. Medium and heavy buttons seem to be more important especially against wakeup and as meaties.

Overall, it's shaping out okay, but there's no way I'd be spending a single penny on this until there second or a definitive version of this game is out. With the state the game is in, I'd rather travel to play this game with mates instead and that's how thing will be for at least a year.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
I probably should mention that Gief's air SPD is one thing he desperately needed since Alpha. You can get it while pretty low to the ground and you can eliminate a lot of recovery when descending, kind of like Potemkin's air PB.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Cat Machine posted:

Did anyone go to the "tournament" events in the UK this weekend? I'm currently sitting top of the board at my local store after playing some of the most braindead Street Fighter in my entire life on a broken PS4 pad where two buttons were bound to MP and square was macro'd to throw. The shop assistant guy also spent a lot of time talking about Mika's tits and hounded me about pre-ordering the game. It was a nightmare.

So I decided to visit my local GAME when I went on to grab my prescription glasses and I met a shop assistant that seemingly hated life and could only maintain a depressing stare at SFV, being played in-store by two of what could be best described as two of the shittiest white fgc stereotypes talking about tournaments like roadmen while only managing to combo stand jab into dp.

Yes, shop assistant, Mika's tits are nice.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Can you do Gief's MP+MK without having to do the follow-up punch? I remember seeing him cancel it without having to do the follow-up but I don't remember how it was done.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
This game has some good potential. The system seems fine but needs tweaks in general.

Most character can be good: Nash, Ryu, Chun, Fang, Bison, Nercali, Vega, Gief, Rashid and Mika.

Sim is better than he used to be and has good tools now.

Ken and Laura have some shortcomings and I'm a bit worried for Laura considering her meta game in a few months once most things are figured out.

One character I see with a lot of potential is Gief and I honestly think he can be very solid even if Capcom can't ever make good grapplers. Compared to Mika, he has more potential and his oki is way better than in past games.

Rashid is just fun to watch and it's good to have a KOF character in SFV. Ken could've been that character, but Rashid is just plain better in general. His design is retarded but that's what makes it fun and his toolset worth using.

Mika seriously needed the movelist change since she used to be pretty terrible and limited and in Alpha 3. She's hella streamlined but that's for the best.

Overall, it's fun, but the total package is just not worth the money, so I'll be waiting a year for a decent definitive edition.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
How fast are the command grabs in this game?

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Nodoze posted:

5 frames so no more churning on people

Then how fast are light normals and regular grabs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Jmcrofts posted:

Regular throws are 5 frames, jabs/shorts are 3-5 depending on character

Oh wow, Capcom you loving morons that's not how you design grapplers.

I do hope command grabs are at least throw invincible because otherwise that's dumb.

• Locked thread